hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not doubting that's what you hear Ozy, but still can't get my head round fans stopping watching the team because RP is still in situ. I can't imagine any individual preventing me from watching Hibs!

Incidentally, before anyone jumps on this, I too would like RP to depart but am wondering if his presence is pretty incidental now, given the signings and the launches of a share issue and HSL together with the other good work being undertaken by the board these days
    What I don't get about the Rod protesters is if he is such an influence, do we not credit him for the improvement over the last year?!

No - cos we all know Leeann Dempster is running the show!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    I'm all for HSL having an impact, this is a crunch time and the fans are showing how committed they are, total respect

With regard to Petrie GTF. Can the first 10% of the shares not be used to buy him out? Save a good bit on the salary too

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    I'm all for HSL having an impact, this is a crunch time and the fans are showing how committed they are, total respect

With regard to Petrie GTF. Can the first 10% of the shares not be used to buy him out? Save a good bit on the salary too
    STF still owns the Club, until we get to 51%, RP is going nowhere...
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Non salaried too is he not?

@hibs.net private member
    Just signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Not doubting that's what you hear Ozy, but still can't get my head round fans stopping watching the team because RP is still in situ. I can't imagine any individual preventing me from watching Hibs!

Incidentally, before anyone jumps on this, I too would like RP to depart but am wondering if his presence is pretty incidental now, given the signings and the launches of a share issue and HSL together with the other good work being undertaken by the board these days
    Well said J.

Sums up my thoughts.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member micksoo's Avatar
    Just increased my monthly contribution GGTTH

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

He doesn't get a salary. And he doesn't have 10% of the club's shares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    There are a lot of missing fans though and that's the most common reason I hear from people who used to attend.
    Don't know the exact figures but our average gate must be down a couple of thousand on previous seasons.
    There is lots going right at the club just now, it would be nice to take this one last excuse away from those absent.
    Don't doubt that's what you're hearing, but I don't think it's the main reason, and definitely not the only reason either, for fans no longer attending Hibs matches.

I believe it's due to a variety of reasons IMHO, but mainly the gradual decline of the team over perhaps the last 5/6 seasons (not including last season). Poor results and performances - we all know what two of those were in particular - culminating in relegation in the most gut wrenching manner has caused a lot of damage.

The people running the club now (not Rod Petrie) are doing a great job in repairing that damage and deserve all the supporters help. Some however may simply never return. Once someone gets out of the habit of attending matches and finds something else to do instead, it may be too late to get some of them back.

I don't know what else Hibs, as a club, can do to get these lapsed "supporters" back other than the obvious. Win promotion and get a winning team in the Premier league then attendances will increase.
    Last edited by emerald green; 02-06-2015 at 06:34 PM.

You are all correct and there are many reasons people have stopped coming, results on the pitch and the appalling way the club was run before Leeann arrived being the main ones.
    However, his presence gives people the excuse they feel they need.
    Even if he resigned tomorrow I doubt they would return because they will no longer be in the habit of coming to games. Trust in the club will take a long time to rebuild for a lot of fans.
    For some of us that process is under way with the work Leeann is doing now but for some people that process cannot even begin until he is away. It is symbolic for some.
    Just to be clear, he does not stop me attending.
    There are still a couple of thousand people not attending games that used to. Everything, and I mean absolutely everything should be done to bring them back. Getting rid of Petrie would be a big first step.

First Team Breakthrough Bighoose's Avatar
    Just signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    You are all correct and there are many reasons people have stopped coming, results on the pitch and the appalling way the club was run before Leeann arrived being the main ones.
    However, his presence gives people the excuse they feel they need.
    Even if he resigned tomorrow I doubt they would return because they will no longer be in the habit of coming to games. Trust in the club will take a long time to rebuild for a lot of fans.
    For some of us that process is under way with the work Leeann is doing now but for some people that process cannot even begin until he is away. It is symbolic for some.
    Just to be clear, he does not stop me attending.
    There are still a couple of thousand people not attending games that used to. Everything, and I mean absolutely everything should be done to bring them back. Getting rid of Petrie would be a big first step.
    What if they don't want to come back..?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Petrie is to blame for the position we are in now, and the reason why some fans no longer feel the need to go every week. Its a lot easier to stop than it is to get the enthusiasm back and start attending again.

LD and Stubbs might be doing a fantastic job, but it's still all down to teflon that they need to do even more. And he's still wandering around the place like a big ****in sheite, one you have trod on but not noticed.

Yet wherever you go you can smell sheite.

Aye

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    He doesn't get a salary. And he doesn't have 10% of the club's shares.
    That should make it easier to get rid of him.

I think there are a fair number of fans who would be encouraged to invest in the HSL if they knew that Rod was no longer associated with Hibs. Our gain, The SFA's loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    What if they don't want to come back..?
    Why would they not want to? If they have previously enjoyed coming along to watch Hibs then I think we should at least try and convince them to come back. If they don't want to after that then at least we can say we have tried everything. Until Petrie has gone, we can't say that.

That should make it easier to get rid of him.

I think there are a fair number of fans who would be encouraged to invest in the HSL if they knew that Rod was no longer associated with Hibs. Our gain, The SFA's loss.
    Probably the SFA's gain as well.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    How do you sign up?
    Nice one, Sir.

This will take all of two minutes

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

been paying my £18.75 for a few months now,easy to set up.

and excellent communication,with an email reminding you that you are about to pay.

trying to get 1 or 2 mates to sign up,if you can afford even £10 a month do it,it will make you feel good about yourself,well I did anyways

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I signed up with kaimendhibs at the start. Great feeling to be part of this fantastic club.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I signed up with kaimendhibs at the start. Great feeling to be part of this fantastic club.
    It's a no brainier. If you can afford it, look at the difference in signing policy already

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    bump

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Here's my blog on the impact of HSL and why I think folk should sign up: http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co....of-intent.html
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Matty Fairnie has posted his latest Blog

Must Read - http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.....html?spref=tw

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Here's my blog on the impact of HSL and why I think folk should sign up: http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co....of-intent.html
    Quick on the draw

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Leithenhibby View Post
    Quick on the draw
    Thanks for sharing though!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    The good news this week has encouraged me to sign up. Just done it. Season ticket renewed as well. I feel we are on the start of a new era in our history. Two or three years from now we'll be back where we belong.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    That's me signed up. Tenner a month until I get this short ST payment plan oot the road.

Onwards, Hibees

Had a small query for HSL earlier this week. Jim Adie got back to me apologising for the delay, saying they have been inundated. Certainly looks as if, after a slowish start, things are picking up.

From my lofty position atop the Swiss Alps (not really) I'm going to make some contribution to Hibs/a Hibs related "thing" this year, just deciding which one.

Question: If one is a HSL contributor (one-time or monthly) and nothing else, is there any level of priority/loyalty points awarded to you, or is it just money into Hibs and HSL membership full stop?

If so, seems odd as - IIRC - KfK members pay their monies (£150, less than the recommended annual HSL contribution of £225) and get a place in the queue for big game tickets before general sale (but after ST holders etc obviously). Does that remain the case?

I couldn't see a KfK homepage directly online, only the very laudable Leith Links initiative (to which I would also consider donating, irrespective of whether donators there get any level of ticket priority, which I assume they do not)

Who's gonna get my money?