hibs.net Messageboard

Question How Many Tickets.......

....should Hibs give to DerHun next season?

Does anybody think there'll be demand for as many as 1,500 or should we just reduce it?
    Last edited by Keith_M; 31-05-2015 at 04:07 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Give them the whole stand. More cash for us, and more of them for us to laugh at.

Yeah we charge 28quid. So would lose nearly £100k if we did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give them the whole stand. More cash for us, and more of them for us to laugh at.
    They will boycott us

How many will they want? They'll be walking away!
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I'm sure somebody said they're going to boycott us, so I don't see the point in giving them ANY tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Green Fish View Post
    They will boycott us

I'm sure some will, but there'll be plenty that can't wait for the chance to shout sectarian guff at the Edinburgh tims.

Their usual allocation.

Though Hibs should be thinking long and hard about what we charge for that game, its clear that walk ups are not biting at £28 a pop. I for one was pretty shocked that Hibs couldn't persuade more than 13,000 of our fans to attend what was a huge game at £15 for a ticket in the play offs.

I just hope that we can get as many people as possible to buy season tickets, because we are going to need them.

I don't mind paying extra to keep them out

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by leggeto View Post
    I don't mind paying extra to keep them out
    We've just had a full season of folk moaning about ticket prices

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    ....should Hibs give to DerHun next season?

Does anybody think there'll be demand for as many as 1,500 or should we just reduce it?
    Whole stand, their money will be welcome. We couldn't manage 13,000 for play off game, no point cutting our nose off to spite our face
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    0 tickets until their fans behave.

Whilst I would love for Hibs to be in a position to only allow 1500 Sevco fans into Easter Road, we're not.

We'll be lucky to have 11000 Hibs fans in the stadium for these games next year so there's no way we're going to cut their allocation.

I fully supported the club's decision to cut their allocation last week but we weren't going to feel the full effects of that decision as we didn't retain 100% of the gate receipts.

I would (reluctantly) give them the full south stand next season.

If they increase our allocation for Castle Grayskull to 2000 (and a proper space between them and our fans) then they can have the entire South Stand, but if they persist in only giving us 950 then they should be kept at 1500.

There is too much kow-towing to the Ugly Sisters in Scottish football and the financial benefits of their travelling bigots.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Why are they going to boycott exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    If they increase our allocation for Castle Grayskull to 2000 (and a proper space between them and our fans) then they can have the entire South Stand, but if they persist in only giving us 950 then they should be kept at 1500.

There is too much kow-towing to the Ugly Sisters in Scottish football and the financial benefits of their travelling bigots.
    Yes.. Surely we weren't planning for their money anyway

Hibs fans had a chance to prove there was a need to cut the Rangers allocation and for numerous reasons several thousand who have attended previous play off games, semi finals, derbies etc chose not to attend.

Give them their usual as we're as well having their money as empty seats and the usual Police costs. Losing tens of thousands of pounds for no reason isn't an option for Hibs.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Hibs fans had a chance to prove there was a need to cut the Rangers allocation and for numerous reasons several thousand who have attended previous play off games, semi finals, derbies etc chose not to attend.

Give them their usual as we're as well having their money as empty seats and the usual Police costs. Losing tens of thousands of pounds for no reason isn't an option for Hibs.
    The only to reduce their allocation is to fill our own.

What would we have done if they had got promoted? 'not an option' is taking it a bit far

Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    What would we have done if they had got promoted? 'not an option' is taking it a bit far
    If they got promoted it wouldn't' be an issue. They didn't so it is. It's money we would never have had.

As it is Hibs can't wilfully turn down circa £95K a season. In very simplistic terms that's a decent Championship player on £1800 a week. I wouldn't be happy if Hibs were turning that down to placate people who don't go to games anyway.

If they got promoted it wouldn't' be an issue. They didn't so it is. It's money we would never have had.

As it is Hibs can't wilfully turn down circa £95K a season. In very simplistic terms that's a decent Championship player on £1800 a week. I wouldn't be happy if Hibs were turning that down to placate people who don't go to games anyway.

Yeh I'm not saying it would be the right option. But not an option is a bit exaggerated

The club IMHO made the correct decision to limit The Rangers to 1500 tickets for the play-off at ER.

But as you say in the bit in bold the turnout by the Hibs support was very disappointing. I'm fairly sure the Hibs CEO and board will have been disappointed.

The club is now facing another season in the Championship and this will have an adverse effect on season ticket sales and walk ups. Hibs simply can't afford now to turn away the income from any away supporters, even if it means we have to hold our nose when it's the Huns.

If more of our fans actually bothered to attend rather than watch the game from the pub then we wouldn't have to ask ourselves this

Quote Originally Posted by Green Fish View Post
    They will boycott us
    I suspect that a lot will boycott every ground, including Ibrox.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    The club IMHO made the correct decision to limit The Rangers to 1500 tickets for the play-off at ER.

But as you say in the bit in bold the turnout by the Hibs support was very disappointing. I'm fairly sure the Hibs CEO and board will have been disappointed.

The club is now facing another season in the Championship and this will have an adverse effect on season ticket sales and walk ups. Hibs simply can't afford now to turn away the income from any away supporters, even if it means we have to hold our nose when it's the Huns.
    I absolutely agree for that one off game the club made 100% the correct decision.

To do the same next year and leave 1500+ additional empty seats would be an incorrect the decision. Imagine the uproar if we had to sell Scott Allan for example for £100K in January to help balance the books if we had essentially turned down that amount from Rangers fans in ticket sales.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Until we can fill the stadium with our own fans, we should give them the South Stand. Just because the Huns are stupid and arrogant, we don't need to be. They could have had 10-12 k Hibs and 4-6 K Motherwell if they had been sensible with ticket allocation. They weren't, and lost money as a result. Mugs.

If we decide to only give them 1500 tickets then they should be up in the south upper ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    If we decide to only give them 1500 tickets then they should be up in the south upper ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would put them up on the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I would put them up on the roof.
    I'd put them all on the Crawford bridge....... At the same time