hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Anthony joshua

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

Anthony joshua

Just watched his fight from last night, the guy is a machine, they really need to put him in with one of the big boys now

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    He is still young and learning his trade but hard not to get carried away about him. Maybe to early to put him in with one of the 'big boys' but he needs a challange.

I posted on the PM board about him last night.

That's the first guy he's been in with who had genuine aspirations to beat him. The other guys he has fought are paid to go in and make him uncomfortable, maybe show him a few old pros tricks but they know if they beat him the phone won't ring again for a long time due to how much is invested in these prospects.

With that in mind he handled it spectacularly. Johnson is a guy who has taken guys like Tyson Fury and Vitali Klitschko the distance, he's no mug. Joshua is frighteningly good. He'll calm down a bit as he learns as well and pick his punches a wee bit more economically, he reminds me of Lennox Lewis in his early days before he became a lot more methodical.

He'll be world champion within 2 years imo. I think we'll see 2 or 3 more fights like last night, Tony Thompson may be a shout for a future opponent before he's really stepped up against the likes of Manuel Charr or Kubrat Pulev or the like.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Next fight has to be either Thompson Fury or Price for me that's the next level

Imagine price or chisora will be next, can't see either of them troubling Joshua,guys a beast