@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

FC United of Manchester

Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

agreed thanks for sharing!

4 promotions and a brand new £6.3million stadium for a 10 year old minnow club is pretty outrageous.

Where are they pulling that kind of money from?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    4 promotions and a brand new £6.3million stadium for a 10 year old minnow club is pretty outrageous.

Where are they pulling that kind of money from?
    It's explained in the article.

Wonderful story

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    Great story and seemingly a very well run club, one that genuinely cares about its community. I hope they keep getting stronger.

Great atricle. Fair play to them, terracing at the stadium as well!

I think they have done really well with the ground.

On the pitch not so much. I do think they will make conf this year though.
    Cougars!!!

Read that earlier and also thought it was fantastic.

I love the look of their new stadium (especially the terracing) and it's amazing to think Benfica are sending their B team out to play in the Official Opening.

A lot of the money for the new Stadium has come from various Sports Funds that are open to any Club willing to do something similar but the Fans themselves are going to fund a large part of it.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    I think they have done really well with the ground.

On the pitch not so much. I do think they will make conf this year though.
    Ye conf North is a hard league to get out of John I watched afc fylde quite a bit last season
    they have a lot of money behind them and got beat in the play offs plus ex league clubs
    like stockport and Boston are in there to,won't be easy for them I don't think

Quote Originally Posted by Flanny boy View Post
    Ye conf North is a hard league to get out of John I watched afc fylde quite a bit last season
    they have a lot of money behind them and got beat in the play offs plus ex league clubs
    like stockport and Boston are in there to,won't be easy for them I don't think
    I forgot about Stockport. They are a massive club what is taking them so long? Nice set up there big stand behind the goals. Bet still get decent crowds too?
    Cougars!!!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    I forgot about Stockport. They are a massive club what is taking them so long? Nice set up there big stand behind the goals. Bet still get decent crowds too?
    They have fallen right through the leagues due to bad financial managementI think in 2001 they were in the championship and just missed out on the play offs To get in to the premiership now they are in the 6th division.they played fylde at home in a midweek fixture and it was freezing and there was around 2,500 there.shame what's happened to them really

Stockport got royally stitched up by a certain Mr Kennedy when Sale RU played at Edgeley Park and haven't ever recovered.

I've kept an eye on FCUM ever since I witnessed their first ever game (a friendly vs my team Leigh RMI, sadly no longer in existence) and have a couple of mates who have been heavily involved there from the start. Can't knock them as far as I'm concerned. Their lack of progress on the pitch in recent years could have easily been resolved by diverting more of the members subscriptions towards the team rather than community projects, but it's all come good in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    ...... Their lack of progress on the pitch in recent years could have easily been resolved by diverting more of the members subscriptions towards the team rather than community projects, but it's all come good in the end.

It might sound a bit strange but I actually admire the fact that their progress has been slow, as it suggested they were in things for the long haul and keeping their principles intact above all else. As you say, they didn't just divert large amounts of their funds to the team, to the detriment of everything else.

I think that's so rare that it really should be applauded.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    It might sound a bit strange but I actually admire the fact that their progress has been slow, as it suggested they were in things for the long haul and keeping their principles intact above all else. As you say, they didn't just divert large amounts of their funds to the team, to the detriment of everything else.

I think that's so rare that it really should be applauded.
    You have to remember FC United were getting crowds of at least 10 times more than everyone else. Some crowds on them lower leagues are less than 100.

I watched them once v Halifax and I bet there was over 3000 at the game. I have been surprised they did not follow Halifax in going up within as quick a timescale.
    Cougars!!!

Their playing budget isn't too dissimilar to the rest of their league in recent years, plus there have been a few clubs climb up (and back down in some cases) with huge investment. Fylde, North Ferriby et al. Saw it quoted at the back end of the season that FCUM spent twice as much on community projects in six months that they spend on wages during an entire season.

First Team Breakthrough
    Yes conf North should be a interesting league next season boys

I remember reading a while back the the guys behind FC United had spoken to Fergie at the time of the Glazer takeover. He was very close to agreeing to resign in protest at the takeover but at the last minute changed his mind (or had his mind changed) and backed it. It would be interesting to see how many more Utd fans would have walked away had Ferguson stood his ground.

Anyway good luck to them. Good to see a real local community club doing well. Got a lot of time for the likes of then, AFC Wimbledon et al.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanny boy View Post
    They have fallen right through the leagues due to bad financial managementI think in 2001 they were in the championship and just missed out on the play offs To get in to the premiership now they are in the 6th division.they played fylde at home in a midweek fixture and it was freezing and there was around 2,500 there.shame what's happened to them really

And the gunts march on eh!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    And the gunts march on eh!
    Aye makes you sick mate eh.vermin

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I remember reading a while back the the guys behind FC United had spoken to Fergie at the time of the Glazer takeover. He was very close to agreeing to resign in protest at the takeover but at the last minute changed his mind (or had his mind changed) and backed it. It would be interesting to see how many more Utd fans would have walked away had Ferguson stood his ground.

Anyway good luck to them. Good to see a real local community club doing well. Got a lot of time for the likes of then, AFC Wimbledon et al.

Fergie was apparently quite critical of the FC United venture and publicly ridiculed them.

Classy to the end is Alex.

Reminded me of this quality video.

http://youtu.be/PCXHbCYvzjI

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Reminded me of this quality video.

http://youtu.be/PCXHbCYvzjI
    Nice wee video that I like it