hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Oxley - Moving to Sheffield

Doesn't look like Mark Oxley has been offered anything from us. Mate of mine went to be shown the houses he is gonna rent shortly and turns out Oxley has been renting it. He was telling my mate that he is moving to Sheffield until his agent sorts him out a club for the upcoming season. Apparently a very likeable fella and has loved Hibs this season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He was merely a stop gap and I'm hoping we can get better.

I agree, also think he has settled the second half of the season. Would wish him all the best if we don't offer anything going forward. Cerny deserves a shot.

All the best but we can do better. Still think we should have gone back for Ben Williams. Must of been around October before he got a rolling monthly contract with Bradford.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Might go on to have a decent career. Was generally poor for us though

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All the best but we can do better. Still think we should have gone back for Ben Williams. Must of been around October before he got a rolling monthly contract with Bradford.
    Oxley and Williams in the same bracket IMHO. -?we can do better!

Maybe Cerny will get the gig??

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Cerny won't have been brought in just to make up the numbers, and if Alan Stubbs is looking to bring in a better keeper than Mark Oxley, then that can only be a good thing. I think he has improved as the season wore on, and despite some flaws he has been quite a popular player with the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Oxley and Williams in the same bracket IMHO. -?we can do better!

Maybe Cerny will get the gig??
    Not for me, Williams IMO was our best keeper since Anderson. Wasn't very difficult mind you.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Cerny won't have been brought in just to make up the numbers, and if Alan Stubbs is looking to bring in a better keeper than Mark Oxley, then that can only be a good thing. I think he has improved as the season wore on, and despite some flaws he has been quite a popular player with the fans.
    I've seen Cerny in a few development games and I haven't been overly impressed so far.

Not for me, Williams IMO was our best keeper since Anderson. Wasn't very difficult mind you.

It wasn't was it.

Hopefully Stubbs has summit lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeovil_Hibee View Post
    I've seen Cerny in a few development games and I haven't been overly impressed so far.
    Aye? I'll take your word for it as I've not seen him in those games. There were many on here touting him for our number 1 so assumed next season we might see more of him.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My Wife Camille View Post
    Might go on to have a decent career. Was generally poor for us though

Utter nonsense he did very well for Hibs. Good organiser, excellent distribution and solid.

He was bang average for Hibs last season.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up. Stubbs has all summer to find better though, and i'm confident that he will.

Left by mutual consent!
    All the best Ox.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeovil_Hibee View Post
    Agreed.

I always just assumed all those calling for Cerny to play were basing it on his form 3 years ago as opposed to anything recent.

He's undoubtedly a good keeper but has looked very nervy for the 20s and desperately in need of more game time before playing for the 1st team.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Oxley

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserclem View Post
    Doesn't look like Mark Oxley has been offered anything from us. Mate of mine went to be shown the houses he is gonna rent shortly and turns out Oxley has been renting it. He was telling my mate that he is moving to Sheffield until his agent sorts him out a club for the upcoming season. Apparently a very likeable fella and has loved Hibs this season.
    He did an ok job, but not as good as our previous keeper ,how we allowed Butcher to let him go is most odd...To his credit he has made some important saves for Hibs this past season..

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    [/B]

Utter nonsense he did very well for Hibs. Good organiser, excellent distribution and solid.
    Precisely. I'm not sure what people are expecting for a Scottish Championship side with regards to a goalie? Short memories of some absolute horrific goal keepers in recent years tell me Oxely is the best we've had in a long, long time...

Good luck to the chap if he goes. In my book he is very much destined to play at a much higher level. Sadly it doesn't look like it's with us.

Interesting to see the same posters comments next season with our 'new goalie'.

As for Williams, he was miles behind our current keeper for me. Never confident with him, like many others of the recent past.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    My criticism of Oxley was always that he never seemed to save anything. I admit over the last couple of months he's started to win me round a bit but If he does leave I'll still not be bothered.

Cerny of three years ago would appear to be a good replacement, if those that have seen him recently say otherwise then it's probably best to look elsewhere although maybe with a good pre season he might find his old form again.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    [/B]

Agreed. There's no such thing as the perfect goalkeeper and if there was, he wouldn't be playing for Hibs. Oxley has been a very acceptable keeper and I wish him well for the future.

All the best to him. Seemed like a good guy with a good attitude...also looked like a more natural finisher than Dja Djedje.

Odd thread. He was good enough to play for us all season and help get us second place.

Now we are telling the guy we can do better. Second tier of Scottish football and we can attract better. No-one is ever good enough for us.

And so the revolving door carries on!!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Agreed. There's no such thing as the perfect goalkeeper and if there was, he wouldn't be playing for Hibs. Oxley has been a very acceptable keeper and I wish him well for the future.
    Agree entirely. Was a good servant to Hibs and wish him all the best. Sure the manager will have some one lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Agreed.

I always just assumed all those calling for Cerny to play were basing it on his form 3 years ago as opposed to anything recent.

He's undoubtedly a good keeper but has looked very nervy for the 20s and desperately in need of more game time before playing for the 1st team.
    I've not been calling on him to play, but fall into your bracket of one who's opionion of him is based on past form rather than recent. Hopefully he can recapture the firm of old.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Odd thread. He was good enough to play for us all season and help get us second place.

Now we are telling the guy we can do better. Second tier of Scottish football and we can attract better. No-one is ever good enough for us.

And so the revolving door carries on!!
    That's not true though, plenty in this squad are deemed good enough and popular with the fans.

Oxley isn't anything special, steady enough but nothing to get excited about if he is to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    My criticism of Oxley was always that he never seemed to save anything. I admit over the last couple of months he's started to win me round a bit but If he does leave I'll still not be bothered.

Cerny of three years ago would appear to be a good replacement, if those that have seen him recently say otherwise then it's probably best to look elsewhere although maybe with a good pre season he might find his old form again.
    I agree with all of this- Oxley didn't fill me with confidence for a lot of the season but ultimately he never let us down in any way. Seemed like a good bloke too. There are so many good goalies around though that I'm sure we can replace him without too much difficulty.

If the Ox is to leave all I can do is thank him for his efforts this season.

Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

I've not been calling on him to play, but fall into your bracket of one who's opionion of him is based on past form rather than recent. Hopefully he can recapture the firm of old.
    I'm sure he can, he's a very good keeper but he's looked rusty when I've seen him play.

Is he signed up for another year or is his contract up?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    He did an ok job, but not as good as our previous keeper ,how we allowed Butcher to let him go is most odd...To his credit he has made some important saves for Hibs this past season..
    Butcher didn't let him go.

Before Butcher arrived he was negotiating a new contract but when Felon left and Steve Marsella arrived with the Butcher that bit the dust.

Williams hated Marsella and then decided he was leaving, house on market, etc.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm sure he can, he's a very good keeper but he's looked rusty when I've seen him play.

Is he signed up for another year or is his contract up?
    His contract is up.