hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    How good was that point?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good save there from Murray.

Thought the Djokovic gamesmanship had worked again.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Murray breaks to go 2-1 up in the fourth.

He's playing so well right now.

Murray breaks!

Hard to tell with Djokovic but he looks knackered. Murray will be praying the light holds out.

His mental strength is unreal now. Would be interested to hear his thoughts on how he turned this weakness into a strength

Djokovic breaks back, 2-2.

Slack game by Murray.

Djokovic breaks right back.

Some match between these 2 yet again. Both look far more comfortable returning than serving atm.

Djokovic holds. Rain expected in 20 minutes.

Murray saves break points and draws level at 3-3.

Great game to win.

Is it just me or is there a hell of a lot of empty seats for a slam semi final featuring arguably the 2 best players in the world at the moment?

Anyway Murray holds.

Match suspended due to the forecast.

Terrible decision.

And that's that.

The fans, and Murray by the looks of it, very unhappy.

That's a shocker.

I've never seen that before, that a match gets stopped because of weather that might happen!

If a storm's expected in 10 minutes, why not stop in 10 minutes? They could get another couple of games in, in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a shocker.

I've never seen that before, that a match gets stopped because of weather that might happen!

If a storm's expected in 10 minutes, why not stop in 10 minutes? They could get another couple of games in, in that time.
    Only thing I can think of is there has been lightning in the locality.

If it's just for rain and wind then it's a shocker of a decision as you say.

Left by mutual consent!
    Looks like it was the correct decision as it's now hosing it down.

I too was peeved, but fair play to the authorities.

@hibs.net private member
    That's a shocker.

Crowd safety?

Match abandoned for the evening and resumes again at 12pm tomorrow.

Match abandoned for the evening and resumes again at 12pm tomorrow.
    Is the final on Sunday?

If so Wawrinka will be delighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Is the final on Sunday?

If so Wawrinka will be delighted.
    It is indeed.

To be fair, they're only going to be playing a set and a half at the most tomorrow and it could be as little as three games if Djokovic comes flying out of the blocks.

It is still a slight advantage for Wawrinka though.

It is indeed.

To be fair, they're only going to be playing a set and a half at the most tomorrow and it could be as little as three games if Djokovic comes flying out of the blocks.

It is still a slight advantage for Wawrinka though.
    It's not just the game time though is it? It's the prep time, warm-up time, warm-down time etc. It's getting yourself fired up and then dealing with the post-match adrenalin. It's the things you can't do as well (which you could do if you have a day off) like rehydrate as you like, eat when you like, sleep when you like, avoid people, rest an injury etc.

Definitely a big plus for Wawrinka.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    It's not just the game time though is it? It's the prep time, warm-up time, warm-down time etc. It's getting yourself fired up and then dealing with the post-match adrenalin. It's the things you can't do as well (which you could do if you have a day off) like rehydrate as you like, eat when you like, sleep when you like, avoid people, rest an injury etc.

Definitely a big plus for Wawrinka.
    I agree with that. It's definitely not ideal for them coming back tomorrow. However I would still put whoever wins tomorrow as the slight favourite for the final.

@hibs.net private member hibby19's Avatar
    Is the continuation of this being shown on TV anywhere? ITV4 have been covering it so far but appear not to be showing it
    ".....Hearts midfielder Laryea Kingston insists he can fulfil all his dreams at Tynecastle - by winning the SPL and a European trophy.
    The Ghanaian is certain the Jambos will soon become a major power at home and abroad"

I agree with that. It's definitely not ideal for them coming back tomorrow. However I would still put whoever wins tomorrow as the slight favourite for the final.
    Yeah, think you're right. If it's Djokovic, probably the difference between 3-0 and 3-1.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby19 View Post
    Is the continuation of this being shown on TV anywhere? ITV4 have been covering it so far but appear not to be showing it
    Eurosport 1.

On serve after 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby19 View Post
    ITV 1 lads I posted the same. Thing before deleting it

These 2 are unreal.

It's like 2 boxers standing trading blows in the 12th round. Brilliant spectacle.

Yes!

Now get it done on serve.

These 2 are unreal.

It's like 2 boxers standing trading blows in the 12th round. Brilliant spectacle.

The tennis ability is out of this world, but the fitness and athleticism is beyond even that.

These 2 are unreal.

Its class to watch. Can't believe how hard work the crowd is to get going though lol. Andy definitely prefers the football type of atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    Its class to watch. Can't believe how hard work the crowd is to get going though lol. Andy definitely prefers the football type of atmosphere
    Think it's just a French thing with some sports. I was at Longchamp for the Arc a couple of years back and had a couple of hundred Euros on Treve to win. She duly obliged and I was going nuts. French guy next me gave a wonderfully Gallic shrug and 'you must av ad zee beeg money on ur. I only ad ten thousand.'

Anyway Murray takes the 4th. Big chance now.