hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

Scott Allan

Needs to be made to honour his contract. Letting him leave now would show a complete lack of ambition by the club.
    If we are going to win this league next year, we will need players of that quality.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Class act hope he stays. Hopefully we start next season well and he signs an extension

Left by mutual consent!
    Simple answer is play last year of contract....if not promoted free Togo

You're going to be disappointed. He was best player on the park today and should be playing at a higher level than the Scot Champ. His stock is high and his agent will be touting him around bigger clubs. Would not surprise me if he ended up at Ibrox, with Hibs getting decent cash for him. Don't shoot the messenger !

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're going to be disappointed. He was best player on the park today and should be playing at a higher level than the Scot Champ. His stock is high and his agent will be touting him around bigger clubs. Would not surprise me if he ended up at Ibrox, with Hibs getting decent cash for him. Don't shoot the messenger !
    I think we need to be turning down the decent cash and putting sporting ambition first.
    Sadly, we have never shown this lately.

If he is to go now it won't be there.. He will have better offers than that

If Scott Allan wants to go, he should go for as much cash as we can get for him. There's no way the club will force him to "honour his contract". Not in anyone's best interests. It's up to Scotty.

Cracking player and again showed why he won plsyer of the season, can see him going but will command a sizeable fee which will go straight to squad building, it's life folks.

@hibs.net private member
    Best player at ER in years. Hearts fans still seem convinced they've got him if Hibs don't go up.

Left by mutual consent!
    Unforunatlely for me, that will be his last game for us. Gutted 😭

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Best player at ER in years. Hearts fans still seem convinced they've got him if Hibs don't go up.
    How many years? Because Leigh Griffiths is far better.

He can only go to Hearts if the Hibs board decide to sell him to Hearts.
    Even I don't think Petrie is that stupid. Although he has always been able to find new ways to alienate the fans so who knows?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    They seem to be convinced they are getting a defender for £450,000 as well. I guess they are a "big" club though...

Hearts couldn't afford to buy him

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    I got the feeling at the end that when he walked on his own from the East over to the West Stand and clapped the fans that it felt like a goodbye somehow. Hopefully wrong but that's how I read it

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    He can only go to Hearts if the Hibs board decide to sell him to Hearts.
    Even I don't think Petrie is that stupid. Although he has always been able to find new ways to alienate the fans so who knows?
    Petrie is not the Hibs board.

Any chance of him having some kind of clause in his contract that he can go if we didn't get promoted? Was surprised we managed to get him on a two year deal in the first place.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    There's no way he's going to leave Hibs to join Hearts the lads got ambition and leaving us for a club like a that would be crazy. Don't let the yams get into your heads.

The best thing for us and our club is to get a new longer term deal early to secure his and our long term future.

I can't see him being at Hibs next season.

You can't really blame him if he does want to leave. He should be playing at a far higher level than the Scottish Championship.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by aljo7-0 View Post
    I got the feeling at the end that when he walked on his own from the East over to the West Stand and clapped the fans that it felt like a goodbye somehow. Hopefully wrong but that's how I read it
    Stubbs just did a brief walkout and clap then walked down tunnel. Maybe the singing and clapping got him too emotional or even he is going...

I'd stop trying to read too much into the actions of the players and coaches. Scott Allan may have need insulin, he might have been wanting to kick a door in or he may just have needed a massive dump...

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    They seem to be convinced they are getting a defender for £450,000 as well. I guess they are a "big" club though...
    They are dreaming. They won't be paying transfer fees for anyone. Neilson and Budge have both made it clear there is a strict budget that won't be broken. Where do they think they're getting all this cash from?

It depends if he wants to stay,I wouldn't stand in his way if he wants to go,he could play at a far better level than ours.
    Saying that,if he does want to stay then good on him

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I thought the same thing after the game finished today actually. McCall will be given a reasonably sized war chest to build his team under the new ownership so they come close to competing at the top of the league and Allan has impressed all season, especially against them.

If not there, it wouldn't surprise me if a couple of clubs south of the border are keeping tabs on him. Failing that, another bid from United...
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

I think today was his last game, but I'd love to see him stay. Complete joy to watch, so talented and destined for bigger things.

As long as he doesn't go to either of Glasgow's ugly sisters I wish him all the best. Hearts fans who even entertain the idea that he'll sign for them should be locked in Carstairs, not a chance.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Lets not be silly and think for a millisecond that we would sell him to Hearts. Their fans are deluded beyond belief and tried to convince themselves that Brown, Thomson and Riordan were going to them at one point. Weirdos.
    I wouldn't entertain anything under a million. **** it, time to show some ambition

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Lets not be silly and think for a millisecond that we would sell him to Hearts. Their fans are deluded beyond belief and tried to convince themselves that Brown, Thomson and Riordan were going to them at one point. Weirdos.
    I wouldn't entertain anything under a million. **** it, time to show some ambition
    They are a muckle huge club though. And they don't call themselves "the famous" for nothing. I thought everybody knew that? ;-)

Promising Youngster
    Scott Allan is a joy to watch but he is a boyhood Hun. I could see a bid around the level that was turned down in January accepted over the summer.

They could still be in the championship!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I think we need to be turning down the decent cash and putting sporting ambition first.
    Sadly, we have never shown this lately.
    What if he wants to go? Really wants to go?

Should we try and hold on to an unhappy player, who might not perform to his best, and let him walk for nothing in a year or get a decent fee now and strengthen with that?

That said if he wants to stay we should try to accommodate him.

The hibs of yesteryear would have flogged him in January. We did well holding onto him, but that was definitely his last game for us. There is absolutely no way that it's in his best interests to spend another season playing beneath his level