hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar

Kenny Miller was Offside

For their 2nd goal.
    I wasn't sure when I first saw it but watching replays, from the header forward, he is onside, but then the ball hits the The rangers player's leg on the way through, slightly deflecting it in to Miller's path and he is then offside. Finished it brilliantly I must say.

Could be the decision that costs us a lot of dosh and a place in the top division next season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For their 2nd goal.
    I wasn't sure when I first saw it but watching replays, from the header forward, he is onside, but then the ball hits the The rangers player's leg on the way through, slightly deflecting it in to Miller's path and he is then offside. Finished it brilliantly I must say.

Could be the decision that costs us a lot of dosh and a place in the top division next season.
    Dire defending cost us more than an offside decision you had to watch multiple times to even see.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Dire defending cost us more than an offside decision you had to watch multiple times to even see.
    Yep, but when every other sport is going down the T.V. replay route, fitba, or at least Scottish fitba, is still stuck in the dark ages.

It hadn't even occurred to me that he might have been offside.

We're clutching at straws a bit here. The defending wasn't good at all but having now watched it back I didn't realise at the game how tidy a finish it was. Miller did well.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

We're clutching at straws a bit here. The defending wasn't good at all but having now watched it back I didn't realise at the game how tidy a finish it was. Miller did well.
    Don't really see why we are clutching at straws. Ok the defending was poor for both goals, but the decision by the assistant referee is also poor as he got it wrong, or between him and the ref anyway. It might not have been obvious from the assistant refs position that the The rangers player had touched it on the way through but ref should have seen it as he was well positioned. It's not the worst or most blatant piece of wrong decision making by officials, in fact have a wee bit of sympathy for them in this instance, but that's what T.V. replays would have sorted out.
    If somebody is offside they are offside, no straw to clutch at.

I watched it a couple of times and unsure if he was offside. Someone upload a screenshot?
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Forget Miller. Forget offside. It's over and done with.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Oh okay, im just away to jump off the Forth Bridge now

By definition, forget everything, no point in discussiing anything, messageboard closed?

OK then.

Is it OK if we disagree, as the TV angles I seen suggested he was indeed offside, by a small margin. Did anyone say the ref was expected to do anything about it, that it was yards and blatant? Doesn't mean the OP is not correct??

Didnt think so.

He WAS offside in MY opinion too....everything that's ever gone before this point (football and non-football) is "over and done with"...that being the case and following your logic, what can we discuss? Only the future?

He was offside. I said it as soon as the ball went to miller, just had to wait for 1st replay to confirm that Vuckic did indeed knock the ball onto him.

On another note, you really need to lighten up/get laid/get a new hobby....

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Seen it straight away at the goal, maybe the linesman didn't see the deflection.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i didn't need any replay to see miller was offside...so there

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoHibby View Post
    He was offside. I said it as soon as the ball went to miller, just had to wait for 1st replay to confirm that Vuckic did indeed knock the ball onto him.

On another note, you really need to lighten up/get laid/get a new hobby....
    Let's not get personal. This is straw clutching. Let's move on and get behind them on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Oh okay, im just away to jump off the Forth Bridge now
    Please yourself. You'll miss the big game on Saturday though.

He was also BOOKED, but no websites or reports are acknowledging this.. and ma bet isnae paying out!!!

Let's not get personal. This is straw clutching. Let's move on and get behind them on Saturday.
    It's nothing to do with straw clutching. The goal will stand, we will go in to the game 0-2 down, that's doesn't mean we can't all discuss the fact their 2nd goal should have been disallowed, or the fact that we still, in this day and age, don't have access to video evidence at football games.

Is there a list of things we are allowed or not allowed to discuss on here?

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    He was also BOOKED, but no websites or reports are acknowledging this.. and ma bet isnae paying out!!!
    Yeah that's a weird one, it flashed up on the bt sports coverage and was mentioned by the commentator that miller was booked. The bbc match report makes no mention of it though?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Yeah that's a weird one, it flashed up on the bt sports coverage and was mentioned by the commentator that miller was booked. The bbc match report makes no mention of it though?
    Nor does the SPFL website, livescore etc etc! Typical. No sure how I'll get my bet reversed other than sending betfair video evidence haha!

I've emailed the SPFL through their website for ahem "clarification"...

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Dad said this when it happened. Seen it in the first replay but every replay after that only shows the finish. Comes of Vucik's knee I think.

Regardless though its almost impossible to see if you're the linesman. Games lost cause we are poor in the final third against teams who defend in numbers. Doesn't help that every man and their dog could see it was not working but Stubbs made no effort to change it up. Cummings on for 90 minutes... Really? Bizzare.

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar
    So what does that matter now? It's all about our attitude on Saturday.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

What a finish? Christ for how much he's milked from that pathetic club,It certainly should end up in the net.
    He kicked the ball with the outside of his foot...incredible???

The guy is a ****ing idiot and how much he gets paid.....of course he should know how to kick a football!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    What a finish? Christ for how much he's milked from that pathetic club,It certainly should end up in the net.

The guy is a ****ing idiot and how much he gets paid.....of course he should know how to kick a football!
    Take it you know Kenny yeah? How much he's on, and being an idiot?

It isn't done yet. Tough task yes but far from over!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post

I've seen Kenny Miller play quite a lot of times during his career, for Hibs and Scotland and also against Hibs for Celtic, Rangers and The Rangers.

I've seen him bongo plenty of chances over the bar, wide and straight at the keeper over the years.

I just thought that it was a tidy finish at an important time in a massive game, on his weaker foot and at an angle and that he deserved a bit of praise for it. Unfortunate for us that he chose that particular moment to show a decent bit of composure (composure that has been sadly lacking from our own strikers too often this season).

Blog Entries
    My immediate reaction was that he was offside but as no one even mentioned it on TV I thought I must have imagined the touch on, how stupid of me! As for those posters complaining about us complaining you really do need to get a grip. Do you honestly think Celtc & Newco's recent complaints re refereeing decisions at ICT & Q of S games were not designed to give them a future advantage? It's understandable why the officials got it wrong last night but we need our players fans & management to be in the faces of the officials whenever it is appropriate. Is it coincidence the 2 most successful managers in recent history, Ferguson & Mourinho, take every opportunity to highlight & complain when they're wronged, or even when they're not?!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    My immediate reaction was that he was offside but as no one even mentioned it on TV I thought I must have imagined the touch on, how stupid of me! As for those posters complaining about us complaining you really do need to get a grip. Do you honestly think Celtc & Newco's recent complaints re refereeing decisions at ICT & Q of S games were not designed to give them a future advantage? It's understandable why the officials got it wrong last night but we need our players fans & management to be in the faces of the officials whenever it is appropriate. Is it coincidence the 2 most successful managers in recent history, Ferguson & Mourinho, take every opportunity to highlight & complain when they're wronged, or even when they're not?!
    Just watched it or the 1st time on Hibs TV. Both commentators shout offside as soon as the ball is played in, and again in the replay. Looks marginally offside. Stubbs also mentions in his Hibs TV interview that it was offside

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Just watched it or the 1st time on Hibs TV. Both commentators shout offside as soon as the ball is played in, and again in the replay. Looks marginally offside. Stubbs also mentions in his Hibs TV interview that it was offside
    Thanks Billy, that's good to know. Hopefully will get wider attention though I'm not holding my breath!

Looks very marginally offside to me - difficult for the linesman to see that without the aid of instant replay ... Kenny Miller in our box all on his own, great defensive work by our guys!

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Yet when Liam Craig does it some posters on this forum moan like hell about it.

I remember Ferguson had Miller & McLeish at Aberdeen badgering and moaning at referees all the time. I seem to recall reading somewhere that Ferguson instructed them to do this to counter the perceived Old Firm bias. Ferguson knew this only too well, having played for Rangers.

Kenny Miller ate my hamster. Prick.