hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Policing this evening

So far tonight I have been sufficiently irritated that I've written to Hibernian FC, Police Scotland and the SPFL

The level of abuse levelled at our players tonight (ie missiles) was a disgrace to Scottish football. Actually not that bothered about the result (if you can't score, you don't win), but when young players can't even take a corner without being subjected to a hail of missiles and police and stewards stand there like they weren't paid to do a job, I am afraid the sporting contest takes second stream.

Utter disgrace to our national sport (been there when it was us supporters, but never seen the level that we were publically exposed to tonight at the players).

Got no respect for anyone involved in security at that stadium this evening.

2. Log in to remove the advert

What was being thrown?

Describing scrunched up bits of paper as missiles, get over yourself mate. They'll probably use your letter as the ammunition next time.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyle89 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was being thrown?
    At first it was just the crumpled up cards from their display but the complete lack of action from the stewards/police definitely emboldened them and there was all sorts of flotsam and jetsam flying Allan's way when taking corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyle89 View Post
    What was being thrown?
    Busy were you?

Where the hell was the police & stewards? The TV clearly showed some culprits. And nothing was done.

People complaining at Allans delivery when there was all manner of things being thrown at him.... Shocking policing

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowHibee View Post
    Describing scrunched up bits of paper as missiles, get over yourself mate. They'll probably use your letter as the ammunition next time.
    Doesn't really matter what they were throwing, the point is they were allowed to do it continuously

@hibs.net private member
    Have you seen when Allan has to go over and get rid of what looks like a drumstick that has been thrown at him??

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    Throw things at rangers players on Saturday and see what happens. You will be ejected, barred and potentially charged. A disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Doesn't really matter what they were throwing, the point is they were allowed to do it continuously
    Away.... so ****ing what... we were playing rankers at hunbrox... is anything less expected. Truth is, our team are paid to go out and have a game of football - if i were paid to play football and had some paper planes thrown at me in the process... i dont think i'd be that arsed....

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Try throwing some from the away corner next time and see how you get on.

First Team Breakthrough cabbage_88's Avatar
    Honestly never seen as bad policing in my life. Actually worse than ever before which is hard! Absolute disgrace. If the ball was getting kept in the hibs end or missiles thrown at rangers players there would have been about 100 arrests. Absolute disgrace from the weegie polis who never fail to amuse, disgusting

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Just to make it clear - there was a lot more than paper balls being thrown.
    Steward nearest us was sporting a Rangers wrist band/bracelet, so kind of shows what your up against.

Nobody surely can be surprised that Hibs players and supporters were given "the treatment" at Ibrox, and the police and stewards did hee haw about it?

It's always been like that. Probably worse in days gone bye. Nothing is going to change now. It's actually a wonder so many people (away fans I mean) still attend these matches. Especially if you are wearing green and white.

Many people have said that everything possible would be done to get The Rangers into the top flight. Tonight was just another part of that - intimidate opposition players and supporters as much as possible, and know you will get away with it. Same old story I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbage_88 View Post
    Honestly never seen as bad policing in my life. Actually worse than ever before which is hard! Absolute disgrace. If the ball was getting kept in the hibs end or missiles thrown at rangers players there would have been about 100 arrests. Absolute disgrace from the weegie polis who never fail to amuse, disgusting
    I have never been surprised with what goes on at Ibrox and is dished our by their support those crunched up bits of paper were being thrown on to the pitch and at Scott everytime he took a corner at that side What got me was the two guys coming on to the park when the game went on, distracting the keeper each time! i asked a cop behind me if this was going to go on throughout the game and his answer was that it was over the other side and nothing to do with him!!!!! Nothing changes at Ibrox and writing to the authorities wont get noticed either, we have tried it often The SFA are dead nuts to getting rangers back into the premier division so they wont give a monkeys how they do it! The one way we can get passed these **** is to beat them at Easter Road on Saturday, there is another ninety minutes go!

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Nobody surely can be surprised that Hibs players and supporters were given "the treatment" at Ibrox, and the police and stewards did hee haw about it?

It's always been like that. Probably worse in days gone bye. Nothing is going to change now. It's actually a wonder so many people (away fans I mean) still attend these matches. Especially if you are wearing green and white.

Many people have said that everything possible would be done to get The Rangers into the top flight. Tonight was just another part of that - intimidate opposition players and supporters as much as possible, and know you will get away with it. Same old story I'm afraid.
    Thats why I said on a previous post, let's get behind OUR FOOTBALL TEAM on Saturday AND surround their fans and intimidate their players just like what they do and have done to us for 50 years!

That might give us a goal or two of a start...?

But NO, most of our support roll over and take it up the jacksy!

Lets come out in force on Saturday and fight to the end with our team...GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    Away.... so ****ing what... we were playing rankers at hunbrox... is anything less expected. Truth is, our team are paid to go out and have a game of football - if i were paid to play football and had some paper planes thrown at me in the process... i dont think i'd be that arsed....
    I think you are what is referred to as a submissive .... look it up

Police and stewards were a disgrace tonight as usual!

what about that little tosser in the red top that the BT cameras kept focussing on?

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Busy were you?

Where the hell was the police & stewards? The TV clearly showed some culprits. And nothing was done.
    Working...

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy4 View Post
    Thats why I said on a previous post, let's get behind OUR FOOTBALL TEAM on Saturday AND surround their fans and intimidate their players just like what they do and have done to us for 50 years!

That might give us a goal or two of a start...?

But NO, most of our support roll over and take it up the jacksy!

Lets come out in force on Saturday and fight to the end with our team...GGTTH

You know what always gets me?

A group of guys standing opposite another group of guys gesticulating at each other, drawing their hand across their throats, pointing and screaming that they'll see them outside etc when there is nothing more than a flimsy piece of cloth, about 10 seats and 2 stewards who couldn't give a **** between them. If you're that mental just have a square go there and then, you'd look ridiculous but no more so than you do anyway.

I didn't actually think it was too bad tonight, throwing stuff on the park was poor and should be dealt with, keeping the ball was annoying because it affected us but I've seen similar at ER before it's hardly crime of the century. As I said a lot of pointing and handbags at 100 paces but I never felt particularly threatened at any point.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Makes F all difference if it's a lighter or a screwed up paper, it was distracting and the reason for sufficient policing and stewarding is to protect players from potential hazards, again, SPFL the corrupt wedgie police need to have a look at themselves. Personally I'm heading to ER on Saturday with an abundance of tennis balls and missiles to chuck at the rangers players and no f's are given

This was not a few objects thrown on a couple of occasions ( by the way, it is irrelevant whether it was paper or a brick ) ... objects were throw at our keeper and at Scott Allan throughout the game and The Rangers did nothing to stop it. Screw sour grapes, if I was the owner of Hibs I would be at the SPFL tomorrow morning demanding a replay behind closed doors. At the very least I would bar the Huns from the 2nd leg and refund their money.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    You know what always gets me?

A group of guys standing opposite another group of guys gesticulating at each other, drawing their hand across their throats, pointing and screaming that they'll see them outside etc when there is nothing more than a flimsy piece of cloth, about 10 seats and 2 stewards who couldn't give a **** between them. If you're that mental just have a square go there and then, you'd look ridiculous but no more so than you do anyway.

I didn't actually think it was too bad tonight, throwing stuff on the park was poor and should be dealt with, keeping the ball was annoying because it affected us but I've seen similar at ER before it's hardly crime of the century. As I said a lot of pointing and handbags at 100 paces but I never felt particularly threatened at any point.
    Yeah, thought it was alright too.

The pretend stand offs are quite funny. How people can get so wound up is beyond me but interesting to watch.

I don't really care for what they sing at Ibrox but you have to admit it's quite an impressive noise when they get going.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

The pretend stand offs are quite funny. How people can get so wound up is beyond me but interesting to watch.

I don't really care for what they sing at Ibrox but you have to admit it's quite an impressive noise when they get going.
    So is my arse

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    what about that little tosser in the red top that the BT cameras kept focussing on?
    What an arse. More bothered about throwing paper than the game. Oh well a ****my Rangers ned that will amount to nothing in life most likely. That will be his life highlight. Fud.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

Sorry Andy there is nothing whatsoever impressive about them at all or else you like the noise of 40,000 biggots singing the Sash.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Makes F all difference if it's a lighter or a screwed up paper, it was distracting and the reason for sufficient policing and stewarding is to protect players from potential hazards, again, SPFL the corrupt wedgie police need to have a look at themselves. Personally I'm heading to ER on Saturday with an abundance of tennis balls and missiles to chuck at the rangers players and no f's are given

Im sure you are.....

Testimonial Due
    The point is surely to make the return leg equally intimadating?