hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

Rangers allocation at ER

I'm no mathematician but my calculations, giving them the full South at 15 quid a heid only equates to 51 grand. We only see 25% of this so the club are only making £12750. Plus we've stewarding and policing costs to factor in to look after 3800 Huns.

Give them 400 tickets at 15 quid a head and after deductions the club will be pocketing £1500, plus there's presumably a far less financial outlay for stewards and polis.

Do the Hibs board risk seriously pissing off a large chunk of their support for the sake of a measly 12 grand, at the same time as giving Rangers the huge boost of a packed and boisterous away end?

No brainer. Give Rangers the bare minimum and tell the ****ers to bolt when they start their whinging. Hibs need to stand up for themselves on this one after our paltry Ibrox allowance.
    Last edited by .Sean.; 14-05-2015 at 10:25 AM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    What if that money was the difference in us securing a player or not? It's not an insignificant amount of money.

If it was the difference in, say, Fyvie staying or leaving then I'd rather take the money and build the team.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    We'll no need to worry about signing the likes of Fyvie if we're still in this league next season and giving Rangers the full end harms out chances of promotion as it gives them a huge boost.

It's 12 grand ffs. A decent amount of cash personally but for a club like Hibs I don't class it as a substantial sum.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Would the stewarding not cost more with a split stand?

Coaching Staff
    How about if it impacted the allocation Rangers would accept in future years? The board have more to think about than our feelings on this one game.

Also, will we take up the slack seats wise? Will we get a decent atmosphere with less of them and still not a full ground of us? Would a flat atmoshpere affect us more than the usual attendance of Rangers fans?

Has our crowd there or their one here ever influenced a result or performace? I think that aspect is being well overplayed.

For those that actually have to make a decision it is far from a no brainer.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    12 grand is a pittance for a club this big.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Not necessarily a bad thing but reckon they would boycott us in future years. 😊

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not necessarily a bad thing but reckon they would boycott us in future years. 
    If we are in the same league as them in future you would expect almost £250,000 each season for two home games against them.

That's two players on £2k a week.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I'm no mathematician but my calculations, giving them the full South at 15 quid a heid only equates to 51 grand. We only see 25% of this so the club are only making £12750. Plus we've stewarding and policing costs to factor in to look after 3800 Huns.

Give them 400 tickets at 15 quid a head and after deductions the club will be pocketing £1500, plus there's presumably a far less financial outlay for stewards and polis.

Do the Hibs board risk seriously pissing off a large chunk of their support for the sake of a measly 12 grand, at the same time as giving Rangers the huge boost of a packed and boisterous away end?

No brainer. Give Rangers the bare minimum and tell the ****ers to bolt when they start their whinging. Hibs need to stand up for themselves on this one after our paltry Ibrox allowance.
    Two points Sean.

We aren't selling tickets at any great rate to fill our own three stands so we won't need seats in the South.

Rangers had a full end at the 4-0 game, did it do them any good?

PS - Maths aint bad buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nando™ View Post
    It's the equivalent of 50 fans paying £20 a month into the share scheme for a year.

Is those fans efforts therefore a pittance?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    What if that money was the difference in us securing a player or not? It's not an insignificant amount of money.

If it was the difference in, say, Fyvie staying or leaving then I'd rather take the money and build the team.
    It's bad enough that we're in the playoffs, it certainly shouldn't be used to make money. I still maintain that a bigger Rangers crowd will give them a bigger boost.

If we don't go up, the likes of Fyvie will be away anyway.

Who cares what they do? Less Hibs go to games v the huns because of the atmosphere. Less means less posionous atmosphere which means more Hibs supporters are likely to go. I am all for giving them less and giving our own fans a boost. There is no way they will sell out at ibrox, but have delibrately restricted our numbers.

If they boycott us then brilliant its a win win. Although they claimed they would boycott us before and unfortunately didn't carry out their threat.

There is no way they will boycott in future. They have nothing else to do. Their hard core away fans live and breath Sevco.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    I'm still hoping Queens turn them over at the weekend and this whole debate becomes meaningless.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    It's bad enough that we're in the playoffs, it certainly shouldn't be used to make money. I still maintain that a bigger Rangers crowd will give them a bigger boost.
    You could be right, it could also work against them if we are beating them. They have been known to give their own pelters, ask Lee McCulloch.

IMO Hibs fans are at their best when pitted against a full away end.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

If we don't go up, the likes of Fyvie will be away anyway.
    Not necessarily so.

Am probably well against the tide here but I like games where there is a big away support as the atmosphere is much better.
    Not sure it affects the players as much as some seem to think either.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    It's the equivalent of 50 fans paying £20 a month into the share scheme for a year.

Is those fans efforts therefore a pittance?
    Efforts? No.
    Monetary value? In the long run, yes.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post

Are we playing Rangers?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Are we playing Rangers?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    I'm concerned that this whole Rangers ticket scenario is becoming a big distraction for us and playing right in to their hands.

If Rangers can fill their stadium whilst only giving the away fans 900 tickets then they have every right to do so. If we were confident of getting 18.5k home fans to ER then we'd all be crying out for Hibs to give the other team a reduced allocation regardless of how many tickets they gave us.

If the board make the call that Rangers get the whole stand then so be it, lets not dwell on it - rather focus on filling the other stands and giving it to them as tight as possible.

If we end up with rangers, consider;

* They are the most vile, disgusting, biggoted and reprehensible club in the world
    * WTAF! Why would we give them a single seat more than they are giving us proportionaitely?
    >>> If its for money, this shouldn't be about money. By virtue of our being in play-off's, there is already "extra" money
    >>> If its for any other reason, that's not good enough either.
    >>> This is RANGERS. Why give them a ****ing thing? So they can return the favour? Yep. They done that alright.

I would not give them the steam of my piss. Not one extra ticket proportionaitely should they get. Not one. That's called making a ****ing stand and doing the right thing.

Football may be a business but sometimes you need to have the baws to stand up for your principles. And lets be honest, over £12,000? Is that the price of having balls and principles now?

Give them **** all Hibs. Nitto. Better still, throw a great big **** off wall up around Ingilston and keep them oot Edinburgh completely.

ENDOF

Quote Originally Posted by Nando™ View Post
    It really isn't.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibstrooper View Post
    I'm concerned that this whole Rangers ticket scenario is becoming a big distraction for us and playing right in to their hands.

If Rangers can fill their stadium whilst only giving the away fans 900 tickets then they have every right to do so. If we were confident of getting 18.5k home fans to ER then we'd all be crying out for Hibs to give the other team a reduced allocation regardless of how many tickets they gave us.

If the board make the call that Rangers get the whole stand then so be it, lets not dwell on it - rather focus on filling the other stands and giving it to them as tight as possible.

Who is it distracting? and how?

First Team Breakthrough Mathias Jack's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GazA1875
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Would the stewarding not cost more with a split stand?
    It wouldn't need to be split. Going by a recent check on the ticket sales when I logged into my account, we'll barely fill the 3 stands we already occupy anyways.

Regardless of finance, should it be Rangers that we play, i'd give them the same as they're giving us. The smaller amount of orcs and zombies in ER that day the better.
    Last edited by Mathias Jack; 14-05-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    If we end up with rangers, consider;

* They are the most vile, disgusting, biggoted and reprehensible club in the world
    * WTAF! Why would we give them a single seat more than they are giving us proportionaitely?
    >>> If its for money, this shouldn't be about money. By virtue of our being in play-off's, there is already "extra" money
    >>> If its for any other reason, that's not good enough either.
    >>> This is RANGERS. Why give them a ****ing thing? So they can return the favour? Yep. They done that alright.

I would not give them the steam of my piss. Not one extra ticket proportionaitely should they get. Not one. That's called making a ****ing stand and doing the right thing.

Football may be a business but sometimes you need to have the baws to stand up for your principles. And lets be honest, over £12,000? Is that the price of having balls and principles now?

Give them **** all Hibs. Nitto. Better still, throw a great big **** off wall up around Ingilston and keep them oot Edinburgh completely.

ENDOF
    Okay, but if they were to counter with taking up only that allocation for future games, we would be quite happy to not sign a couple of players, say McGeough and Fyvie, to back up our principles over this game?

I'm torn on this one, on one hand I see the allocation they've given us and want us to do the same, but on the other hand I don't want us to cut our noses off to spite our face in addition to sinking to their petty level. Ultimately I want to make it as difficult for them as possible though

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    I'm torn on this one, on one hand I see the allocation they've given us and want us to do the same, but on the other hand I don't want us to cut our noses off to spite our face in addition to sinking to their petty level. Ultimately I want to make it as difficult for them as possible though
    I have to say to me they are by far the most horrible away fans...I'd give them same as they give us - no more.....

If it happens to be Sevco..

The Hibs board better show some steel here and limit there allocation.

Part of the top tier of away end is enough.

Having a full stand of them will be a massive boost for them and I do think we will get close to a sell out but not by the end of today.

The chance of a retun to the Premier League is worth more than £12,000.

I also think think whatever happens after the result at ER there will be some angry fans in the area - having less away fans will limit trouble in the surrounding areas and surely the police will be happy with that.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    How about if it impacted the allocation Rangers would accept in future years? The board have more to think about than our feelings on this one game.

Also, will we take up the slack seats wise? Will we get a decent atmosphere with less of them and still not a full ground of us? Would a flat atmoshpere affect us more than the usual attendance of Rangers fans?

Has our crowd there or their one here ever influenced a result or performace? I think that aspect is being well overplayed.

For those that actually have to make a decision it is far from a no brainer.
    We might not play them for years Andy, this is a play off game, they might not go up, we might not go up and they do, then we may not play each other in a league game for years to come, yes we could get them in a cup game but pretty sure we/they would get a decent amount through the doors.

Take it you mean the folk who run the club, surely it must be the same situation for Rangers to get as many fans in there as possible, they are in a worse position than us, as you say it's a no brainer, and yet Rangers could have sold us more tickets for the last time we played at Ibrox as they certainly didn't sell out there end, plenty spaces that night, but Rangers were willing to take the hit and have a small paltry Hibs support at the game when there was plenty more folk looking for tickets, lets hope Hibs take the hit on our home game if we play them.

Forget about future games against them, it's this game that matters and they are taking the piss with our allocation of tickets for the game at Ibrox if we meet them.

It's all about keeping the customers happy and no offence but you seem to be the only one on here with the problem about Hibs only letting 4 hundred in to our game if we play them in the play off, I don't think Leeann Dempster will agree with you and i hope she tells the new club that if this is how they are going to behave then two can play at that game.

They are taking the piss, always have done, now it's time to stand up against them, just like what Leeann and Budge done with the SFA a few weeks ago.