hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Edinburgh rugby

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they should be told to bolt if they contact hibs regarding playing at ER this season & whichever board member votes for it should bolt anaw
    NO NO NO NO NO
    Why. Money for nothing for Hibs. It costs yhe SRU hundreds of thousands to open Murrayfield for edinburgh games would it not be better if we got some of that? FFS some folk wanted to let Hearts play at ER for cash. As long ss the pitch can be looked after its a winner for Hibs and Edinburgh rugby

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby;4q393620
    Why. Money for nothing for Hibs. It costs yhe SRU hundreds of thousands to open Murrayfield for edinburgh games would it not be better if we got some of that? FFS some folk wanted to let Hearts play at ER for cash. As long ss the pitch can be looked after its a winner for Hibs and Edinburgh rugby
    Yip, I tend to agree. The pitch is all important and I can forsee possible difficulties if Edinburgh have a Friday night home fixture and we're due to play at home on the Saturday afternoon.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Yip, I tend to agree. The pitch is all important and I can forsee possible difficulties if Edinburgh have a Friday night home fixture and we're due to play at home on the Saturday afternoon.
    Yip Swansea manage it no problem at all. Don't see the issue myself

Quote Originally Posted by Heedersnvolleys View Post
    Yip Swansea manage it no problem at all. Don't see the issue myself
    Swansea will no doubt have a hybrid pitch that could handle the pressure. We don't. Unless the SRU are paying for one and a fair chunk of the upkeep then it would be quite difficult to keep the pitch in decent condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Swansea will no doubt have a hybrid pitch that could handle the pressure. We don't. Unless the SRU are paying for one and a fair chunk of the upkeep then it would be quite difficult to keep the pitch in decent condition.
    I am sure Hibs are not going to agree to anything that is going to cost or be detrimental to us. Another situation where we have to trust the people that are in charge of the club. I know I do now!

I am sure Hibs are not going to agree to anything that is going to cost or be detrimental to us. Another situation where we have to trust the people that are in charge of the club. I know I do now!
    Well said.

Of course we do.

I would like to think that hibs would want a hybrid pitch and if the SRU are going to chip a fair chunk in then

Pretty sure the first person to be consulted when the initial enquiry came in would have been the Head Groundsman. If they'd said no it would probably have been dead there and then. Ground staff are well skilled nowadays and I am sure can handle this - they're a far cry from the 'parkies' of old who used to chase you off any blade of grass and nick your ball.

Easter road is a football stadium....our football stadium....i really don't like the idea of sharing with anyone

See someone on another thread is saying the pitch is getting ripped up, maybe the SRU is paying for a new hybrid pitch after all

I'm not adverse to looking at other income streams, so long as the SRU paid for the upkeep of the pitch and a fee for ground rental? Perhaps they could do a deal for hibs season ticket holders for tickets too??

Quote Originally Posted by gegs70 View Post
    I'm not adverse to looking at other income streams, so long as the SRU paid for the upkeep of the pitch and a fee for ground rental? Perhaps they could do a deal for hibs season ticket holders for tickets too??
    If there is a game on at ER I expect free entry with my ST.

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    The clubs dont in england generally have better weather than us up here. the rain its self can cause problems and if we have two team playing on it it might be too much. if a synthetic pitch is the anwer then sounds good to me but if we have to fork out hundreds of thousnads of pounds to get it then it seems pointless. if SRU are interested in paying for it the sounds even better but im not sure they will.

but if its not going to have an effect on our playing ability then i say do it! we need the money by any means possible. if we can get one of those hybrid pitched then it means we can have more events in the stadium like music bands etc.

Blog Entries
    If this goes ahead on the present pitch, I think we'll live to regret it come the wet and frosty days of winter.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    And also the high voltage sun lamps that all EPL teams use on the pitch and cost a few hundred thousand each. Not comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    And also the high voltage sun lamps that all EPL teams use on the pitch and cost a few hundred thousand each. Not comparable.
    There is also that!

Bad idea. What kind of crowds do the Edinburgh egg chuckers get?

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Bad idea. What kind of crowds do the Edinburgh egg chuckers get?

They get around 4k, more for the bigger European games or if one of the bigger Irish teams play.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    SRU have them too.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    They get around 4k, more for the bigger European games or if one of the bigger Irish teams play.
    Sure they could build there own custom built arena. If they plan to be around a while and their game grows then why not? Loads of smaller rugby clubs have decent grounds in edinburgh.Meggetland goldenacre etc.

Sure they could build there own custom built arena. If they plan to be around a while and their game grows then why not? Loads of smaller rugby clubs have decent grounds in edinburgh.Meggetland goldenacre etc.

They have played at Meggetland but I think t's only 3,000 capacity, it's probably the biggest in Edinburgh.

If the SRU does have spare cash floating about for ground/pitch development then I'd be quite happy for Hibs to benefit.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    If there is a game on at ER I expect free entry with my ST.
    How did you get on rocking up with your ST for the Scotland game last Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    If the SRU does have spare cash floating about for ground/pitch development then I'd be quite happy for Hibs to benefit.
    I think that is the issue the SRU are skint and are trying to make the 2 pro teams self sufficient for a while and see Edinburgh using Murrayfield as a stumbling block to Edinburgh achieving that. If the SRU had not just put a hybrid pitch in to Murrayfield I am sure they would have quite happily help with putting one in at ER if it meant getting Edinburgh out of Murrayfield as there is no real need for one at Murrayfield if it is only for Scotland matches which are only about 6-7 per season

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    I think that is the issue the SRU are skint and are trying to make the 2 pro teams self sufficient for a while and see Edinburgh using Murrayfield as a stumbling block to Edinburgh achieving that. If the SRU had not just put a hybrid pitch in to Murrayfield I am sure they would have quite happily help with putting one in at ER if it meant getting Edinburgh out of Murrayfield as there is no real need for one at Murrayfield if it is only for Scotland matches which are only about 6-7 per season
    Did I not read that Murdayfield has or is getting a 4G pitch installed.

If Hibs were to get the same arrangement (funded by the SRU) in return for Edinburgh playing on Fridays I would bite your hand off.

Great technology and we get a pitch like Arsenals throughout the winter.

J

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    They have played at Meggetland but I think t's only 3,000 capacity, it's probably the biggest in Edinburgh.

Why don't the SRU just invest in a new Stand at one of the Edinburgh grounds and raise the capacity to 5-6,000?

Most of them have lots of space to develop their Stadia further.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Why don't the SRU just invest in a new Stand at one of the Edinburgh grounds and raise the capacity to 5-6,000?

That'll all depend if the club in question wants another 2-3,000 seater stand, remember there's up keep etc.

The SRU are anything but skint.They've just got a £20million sponsorship deal with BT.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post

I thought the proposed stadium in Stockbridge was meant to be Edinburgh Accies / Edinburgh Rugby dual use. The locals are up in arms due to the fact alcohol will be sold.

Give them Meadowbank to share with Edinburgh city.plenty space to build stands around that.
    Does anyone use the running track anymore anyway? Apart from Alan Wells?

You could probably move the pitch next to the currant main stand then build a decent smaller one across from it.Then have a good amount of land to sell at the back.
    Last edited by Waxy; 08-06-2015 at 04:34 PM.