@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar

Edinburgh rugby

And the yams

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And the yams

Given that they play a lot of their fixtures on a Friday night, I can't see this going ahead as the pitch would not stand up to the extra wear and tear.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    this would destroy our playing surface!! Suppose the income would come in handy though!

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    this would destroy our playing surface!! Suppose the income would come in handy though!
    Unless the playing surface is being replaced with the weave and rubber style they have in the BPL? Could be part of the deal.

How will moving "accommodate hearts"?

...and where the **** are these cheats getting the money to build a new stand?? Maybe they should have used all these millions they wasted on redevelopment instead of a few tainted trophies.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Given that they play a lot of their fixtures on a Friday night, I can't see this going ahead as the pitch would not stand up to the extra wear and tear.
    The pitch is bad as it is.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    The pitch is bad as it is.
    But it would ten times worse if we allowed 30 marauding gorillas to tramp all over it less than 24 hours before the kick off time for a normal Saturday fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    But it would ten times worse if we allowed 30 marauding gorillas to tramp all over it less than 24 hours before the kick off time for a normal Saturday fixture.
    Indeed.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Solution, hertz obviously don't want to lose the income over a season if they redevelop the death trap stand, so move Edinburgh Rugby in there, 10k stadium will more than do them. The hertz can move to the soulless shell that is muddyfield, letting a good part of the 400k get their ST. Hibs are left in their modern stadium to thrive, with no egg chasers or puddledrinkers in sight. Is that a good idea or is it too simple?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    Solution, hertz obviously don't want to lose the income over a season if they redevelop the death trap stand, so move Edinburgh Rugby in there, 10k stadium will more than do them. The hertz can move to the soulless shell that is muddyfield, letting a good part of the 400k get their ST. Hibs are left in their modern stadium to thrive, with no egg chasers or puddledrinkers in sight. Is that a good idea or is it too simple?
    Perfect solution.

First Team Breakthrough since90plustwo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FIN1875
    The pitch is am obvious concern but if the clubs canm come up with a solution i would be all for it. Would be a great source of revenue !

Erm... No thanks. Move along now egg chasers and plough up someone else's pitch.

@hibs.net private member
    "The possible relocating could accommodate Hearts at BT Murrayfield, according to reports. The Jambos want to redevlop Tynecastle, particularly the main stand and are considering playing elsewhere for a season."

The way the article came across was that Edinburgh Rugby could play at Easter Road, which would allow Hearts to play at Murrayfield. I assume it's not intended to be that as I can't see any reason we should be messing up our pitch so Hearts can have somewhere to play while their midden is getting redeveloped.

Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post

I'd go with that but the pitch at the PBS is far too small.

The Hearts bit sounds like it's been shoehorned in there.

Hearts need the rugby side to move in order for them to be accommodated...yet we can accommodate edinburgh rugby? Doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Pete; 12-05-2015 at 04:00 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    I heard a rumour about Edinburgh Rugby using Easter Rd a while ago and I was told that part of the deal, if it was to go ahead, would be that it was Edin Rugby's responsibility to keep the pitch in a decent condition whether that be paying for getting it relayed, using those big lamps or whatever else.

If that turned out to be the case then I'd be happy for hibs to get the extra revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    "The possible relocating could accommodate Hearts at BT Murrayfield, according to reports. The Jambos want to redevlop Tynecastle, particularly the main stand and are considering playing elsewhere for a season."

The way the article came across was that Edinburgh Rugby could play at Easter Road, which would allow Hearts to play at Murrayfield. I assume it's not intended to be that as I can't see any reason we should be messing up our pitch so Hearts can have somewhere to play while their midden is getting redeveloped.
    Doesnt really make sense given that Murrayfield has just had a brand new pitch put in which incorporates both grass and artificial.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    If this happens I personally wouldn't mind, especially if the pitch upkeep (which it needs to be in good condition for the way we play) part is true which will save us a lot of cash.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    http://www.zinescene.pwp.blueyonder....MOBpurpose.htm

Here is Chris ( pieman ) Robinson's take on the PBS and why it was not fit for purpose 12 years ago.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Don't know if this is true but don't Wigan Athletic & Hull City allow their local rugby clubs to use their stadium?

If we're to generate extra income, then I give the thumbs up. My biggest worry though is the potential state of the pitch unless Edinburgh Rugby reassure us that they will take care of the pitch and have it in very mint condition for our games.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Don't know if this is true but don't Wigan Athletic & Hull City allow their local rugby clubs to use their stadium?

If we're to generate extra income, then I give the thumbs up. My biggest worry though is the potential state of the pitch unless Edinburgh Rugby reassure us that they will take care of the pitch and have it in very mint condition for our games.
    Hull probably do as it's a community stadium, reading do as well, neither of them have issues with their pitch so I assume they've got one of the new type pitches I've seen people speak about.

Wigan will share their pitch and it's a mess so I assume they've just got a normal grass pitch.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Didn't work the last time Edinburgh Rugby tried this, so dont see why they want to go back again to Easter Road.

With an average crowd of somewhere between 3 and 5 thousand, they really need a much smaller stadium.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    When I was a bairn I had a wee unit thing that you could play pool on one side, then flip over the lid and play table hockey. Can we no get a revolving pitch for Easter road? One side for football, one for egg chasing.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Missed their chance I'd say. Surely the time to do this was under Butcher when the ball wasnt in contact with the pitch very much...

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Would they not play home games on the Friday's before we play away games? That would mean one game a week on the grass.

When it comes to the crunch. The yams will always be held back by their wee ground. They basically MUST move, but the longer they leave it the further out they'll have to build as all the potential building areas are taken up by other business.Tynecastle could end up being the death of them.

No matter what, this will ruin the pitch and the money involved surely isn't great as Edinburgh Rugby don't get big crowds
    they should move the rugby to a club ground and forget football stadiums

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    No matter what, this will ruin the pitch and the money involved surely isn't great as Edinburgh Rugby don't get big crowds
    It's not no matter what though as there's examples of rugby teams sharing pitches down south abd it not effecting the pitch (hull and reading), it appears there's pitches that can cope with both sports being played.

Its the sru that would be paying for it and I doubt it would be relative to the size of the crowds they currently get.

Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    Unless the costs are being paid by the SRU? Pretty sure other sports governing bodies help their teams. ECB defo do down here.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    It works for Hull,Reading & Wigan.