hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Stevenson

Left by mutual consent!

Lewis Stevenson

Just realised he has only ever recieved 1 red card in his career- a second yellow card in the 90th minute away to St Mirren in 2012. Very impressive record for a defender, shows how good of a tackler he actually is

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just realised he has only ever recieved 1 red card in his career- a second yellow card in the 90th minute away to St Mirren in 2012. Very impressive record for a defender, shows how good of a tackler he actually is
    Didnt he get a retro versus the yams?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Lewis Stevenson thread alert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Yes

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Yeah, however he has only been sent off once during match

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    He also keeps his mouth shut which avoids a lot of yellow cards. Are you listening Mr Craig ?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    He also keeps his mouth shut which avoids a lot of yellow cards. Are you listening Mr Craig ?
    Any excuse to have a go, eh?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    This thread is about Lewis Stevenson, can we not keep it that way?

If you want to go moaning about players, especially when we have got second like we were aiming for after Hearts stormed it, can you not just sit in a darkened room on your own and you can do it as much as you want?

Left by mutual consent!
    Shows how we, (and particularly stevenson and hanlon) have been too soft in recent years IMO.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic#7 View Post
    Shows how we, (and particularly stevenson and hanlon) have been too soft in recent years IMO.
    Yes, that's exactly what it shows. Couldn't possibly be that they time tackles well or are good at what they do.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

If being "hard " means racking up needless yellow card and thus suspensions, then count me out.

Not saying we haven't been too soft in the past few years but a lack of yellow card does not de facto equal being too soft

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what it shows. Couldn't possibly be that they time tackles well or are good at what they do.
    To be honest I can't help but agree with lunatic. Stevenson and Hanlon could do with being a bit more ruthless at the back, something I felt Nelson really added to the side when he was here. Both could certainly do with being a bit more no nonsense like Nelson was.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Defenders who pick up a lot of bookings are neither hard or no nonsense. They either lack the ability to tackle properly or are too slow to keep up with the attacker hence the need to foul. Hanlon and Stevenson both have pace and ability so both will do for me thanks.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    That's right out of the Terry Butcher Footballing textbook.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QMU-1875 View Post
    To be honest I can't help but agree with lunatic. Stevenson and Hanlon could do with being a bit more ruthless at the back, something I felt Nelson really added to the side when he was here. Both could certainly do with being a bit more no nonsense like Nelson was.
    You must be joking.

Left by mutual consent!
    Nelson?

That's me convinced now.

LTYF

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Thanks for that. Trying to boost your post count or just lacking in constructive responses?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Our form (this season apart) tells that story. IMO of course

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    If being "hard " means racking up needless yellow card and thus suspensions, then count me out.

Not saying we haven't been too soft in the past few years but a lack of yellow card does not de facto equal being too soft
    No, but a good defender should average a few more Id reckon. Look at your John Terry's, your Ivanovic's and (probably more relatively) your davey weir's or Andy Websters. Any means necessary to stop opposition.

Left by mutual consent!
    No, but a good defender should average a few more Id reckon. Look at your John Terry's, your Ivanovic's and (probably more relatively) your davey weir's or Andy Websters. Any means necessary to stop opposition.
    Ledley King only picked up 10 yellow cards in 326 appearances for Spurs. He was quality

As far as I'm aware, Phillip Lahm has never been sent off in his entire career with Bayern Munich
    Last edited by Hibeesmad; 12-05-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ledley King only picked up 10 yellow cards in 326 appearances for Spurs. He was quality

As far as I'm aware, Phillip Lahm has never been sent off in his entire career with Bayern Munich
    Paul Hanlon = Ledley King
    Lewis Stevenson = Phillip Lahm

Thanks for that. Trying to boost your post count or just lacking in constructive responses?
    Neither , just echoing what many of the posters and most of my Hibbee pals think of your criticsm of Hanlon and Stevenson

hahahah yeh we want more players who mis-time tackles and get sent off every week! No more of this football stuff - bring back butcher!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    hahahah yeh we want more players who mis-time tackles and get sent off every week! No more of this football stuff - bring back butcher!
    Not really what's being said though is it?

Top defenders have usually got a cynical side and will do whatever it takes to stop the other team scoring. I think the poster you've quoted is questioning whether Stevenson abd Hanlon have that ruthless streak, I'm not sure they do either.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Not really what's being said though is it?

Top defenders have usually got a cynical side and will do whatever it takes to stop the other team scoring. I think the poster you've quoted is questioning whether Stevenson abd Hanlon have that ruthless streak, I'm not sure they do either.
    TOP defenders have nothing of the sort. We've build a team of players who from front to back are ball players. The game moves on. Hanlon biggest quality is reading the game so he gets in ahead of a striker rather than having to fire through the back of him. He's more than capable of getting stuck in also but a player on the deck is a player out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    TOP defenders have nothing of the sort. We've build a team of players who from front to back are ball players. The game moves on. Hanlon biggest quality is reading the game so he gets in ahead of a striker rather than having to fire through the back of him. He's more than capable of getting stuck in also but a player on the deck is a player out of the game.
    Watch the Italians tomorrow night and come back and tell us top defenders don't have a cynical side.

Hahahaha!!

Nelson was one of the worst footballers I have ever had the misfortune to watch in a hibs strip.

Thank God those days are gone!!

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    This thread is about Lewis Stevenson, can we not keep it that way?

If you want to go moaning about players, especially when we have got second like we were aiming for after Hearts stormed it, can you not just sit in a darkened room on your own and you can do it as much as you want?
    I was praising Lewis and making a valid point about Liam Craig. I was not criticising any of his performances but making the point that he is no good to us if he gets suspended.

My apologies for the fact that there are so many touchy people on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Watch the Italians tomorrow night and come back and tell us top defenders don't have a cynical side.
    You don't need it though. Both players are more than able to mix it if required but the idea if you are not going through players every week you are somehow not hard enough is dated approach still pushed by the butchers and malpas's of the world. No thanks. Are we really a better team if some of our defenders miss a few games a season due to suspension? Ramos would be a damn sight better if he didn't get booked in almost every game.