hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How bad is Gary Locke

After taking Hearts down last season, will it be 2 clubs in a row that he's got relegated, in total freefall just like us last year, must admit if we manage to get past our play off game, Killie are the team I'd be wanting to face, they look like no threat at all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Was just thinking that. final 2 weeks fixtures are:

Partick v Kilmarnock
    St Mirren v Motherwell

Kilmarnock v Ross County
    Motherwell v Partick

I don't think Ross County will be involved. I would much, much rather have to play Kilmarnock.

First Team Breakthrough Coults1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was just thinking that. final 2 weeks fixtures are:

Partick v Kilmarnock
    St Mirren v Motherwell

Kilmarnock v Ross County
    Motherwell v Partick

I don't think Ross County will be involved. I would much, much rather have to play Kilmarnock.
    I can see Motherwell picking up 6 points from they games.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Is it really important who the manager of Kilmarnock is? If and it is a big, if, we play them for a top flight place, only matters that we win?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Is it really important who the manager of Kilmarnock is? If and it is a big, if, we play them for a top flight place, only matters that we win?
    Of course the managers important, Butcher , Fenlon & Calderwood made a difference as to how bad we were.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Of course the managers important, Butcher , Fenlon & Calderwood made a difference as to how bad we were.
    When u say those 3 names in the same sentence it just shows what absolute pish we have had to put up with in the last 4/5 years

Not even thinking about who we could play in play off final. We have two huge games before that!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Fenlon improved us.

Not by much...but he did.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Fenlon improved us.

I have to agree, Fenlon to be fair did try and had hibs best interests at heart.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I think it's unfair to blame the state of Killie on Locke. From November to January, before he took over, they only managed 2 wins (St Mirren & Ross County) and 2 draws against Partick). Hardly a team on form.

He would also have kept Hearts up last season had it not been for their point deduction.

He was an easy and deserved target for Hibs supporters as a player, but I honestly think he's a decent manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I think it's unfair to blame the state of Killie on Locke. From November to January, before he took over, they only managed 2 wins (St Mirren & Ross County) and 2 draws against Partick). Hardly a team on form.

He would also have kept Hearts up last season had it not been for their point deduction.

He was an easy and deserved target for Hibs supporters as a player, but I honestly think he's a decent manager.
    Not just saying this because it was them but there's no way they would've stayed up without the points deduction, they only came onto form when their fate was sealed and the pressure was off.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar

The mistake was making him manager. As Interim manager they hit some form. Giving him the job changed something at the club - maybe they thought that form would continue but Killie now look like we did last year. 3 games to go and safe (and yet.....)

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    Don't agree that Killie are going down, I would much rather be in their position than Motherwell.
    I think it will be the Steelmen in the play off final but it will all be irrelevant if we don't make it ourselves.
    Locked done well at them last season and was not the main reason they went down, he'll just do enough to keep Killie up.

First Team Breakthrough

I felt at the time another manager would have had a chance of keeping them up as all the moaning and whining destroyed the teams confidence right from the off. They (the players) actually realised it wasn't as hard as Locke/Brown was making it out to be but by that time it was too late to make up the ground.

Cheer up Gary Locke
    Oh what can it mean
    To a sad Jambo *******
    And a ***** football team!

Nightmare scenario. Locke wins play off against us. Cue dancing in Gorgie streets.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I hear he's doing a good job of keeping morae up. Laughing, joking - always taking the piss.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I agree. A big doze of straw clutching and taking cheap shots by quite a few on here.

Would rather avoid Killie's artificial pitch.

Locke has just achieved a new club record....8 defeats in a row. I havent actually checked that but a Killie diehard told me that last night. He was convinced they will not get another point this season therefore relying on the teams below not overtaking them. Locke is not flavour of the month through there and the train of thought is that if Locke doesnt take them down this season he will do so next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Locke has just achieved a new club record....8 defeats in a row. .
    Still a club record but ONLY 7 at present

Quote Originally Posted by vanNISHtelroy View Post
    I actually meant to say 7 Nishy. Typo on my behalf.

I think I'm right in saying it's not a club record for league defeats in a row, only for all competitions - but the record for consecutive league defeats is 9.

What's the view among fans at Rugby Park? I couldn't believe he was given a three-year deal! Very rare to get that sort of contract these days.

Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    What's the view among fans at Rugby Park? I couldn't believe he was given a three-year deal! Very rare to get that sort of contract these days.
    View at RP at the minute is one of panic!

I couldn't believe that he was given a three year deal either, and apparently it doesn't contain the clauses to get rid of him that was in Kenny's.

Would have waited until the end of the season to give him the job depending on how he got on, wasn't sure if he was part of the problem in how we were under Magic.

However, in saying that I was broadly in favour of giving him the job!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    View at RP at the minute is one of panic!

I couldn't believe that he was given a three year deal either, and apparently it doesn't contain the clauses to get rid of him that was in Kenny's.

Would have waited until the end of the season to give him the job depending on how he got on, wasn't sure if he was part of the problem in how we were under Magic.

However, in saying that I was broadly in favour of giving him the job!
    Was actually really surprised how poorly Alan Johnston did as thought he did a cracking job at QOS. Killie maybe a very difficult job for inexpereinced managers.

Who is Locke's assistant as personally think it is vital that managers have at least one person in the staff they can trust totally?

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post

Cheer up Gary Locke
    Oh what can it mean
    To a sad Jambo *******
    And a ***** football team!

if they do go down......Gary Locke what a ****
    two in a row cheerio

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Whats the chances both Kili and RC only need a draw on the last day (unless there is a huge goal swing in the last 2games) for them both to stay up? You could see them both just having a wee game of passy between them

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Fenlon improved us.

I can't fault Fenlon for effort and for actually caring about the club. On the pitch, I wouldn't say he improved us though. We were playing some of the most boring football I have seen with just a constant want to defend against teams. Without O'Connor and Griffiths, I think Fenlon would have found himself even more out of his depth - he truly does have a lot to thank them 2 players for.

Stubbs has improved us massively. I don't buy this, "we're playing lesser opposition" nonsense. We played lesser opposition in the cup games under these 3 managers, and we couldnt beat these 'lesser' teams, Fenlon aside in 2 good SC runs that ended miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Was actually really surprised how poorly Alan Johnston did as thought he did a cracking job at QOS. Killie maybe a very difficult job for inexpereinced managers.

Who is Locke's assistant as personally think it is vital that managers have at least one person in the staff they can trust totally?
    When Magic took over his signings seemed a mixture of players that he wanted when he was at QoS and panic buys....we were just lucky we got Boyd.

At the minute Locke's assistant is Youth Coach/u20s manager Alan Robertson who has been working with the first team since Kenny Shiels took over, so really coaching staff is a man down.

People saying that he wants Combe or Severin as his assistant apparently.