hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

Budge got long term plans for the Yams.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...view-1-3762867

The way Barry is spinning this one , it sounds like Budge is in it for the long haul.

Now, I thought Budge was only there to get the place ship-shape for the fans take-over in a couple of seasons time.

Someone should tell the Foundationers that they are wasting their Direct Debits , Budge ain't for budging !

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    It looks as if she is empire-building. So much for a limited role in the rehabilitation of the Jambos.

The only reason she's in for the long haul is because she won't get her money back any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only reason she's in for the long haul is because she won't get her money back any time soon.

But the Foundation have a world record number of pledgers , giving millions to the Yam cause.

Don't tell me they have been exaggerating again .

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I'm quite happy to read all that. I like the idea of both Hibs and Hearts being run the right way. The animosity between the clubs that really kicked off during the Mercer thing, continued through the pieman era and became ridiculous under Vlad was way over the top. It's time to put that to bed IMO.

Hibs and Hearts are of similar size and should share the same, realistic goals. A well contemplated, united front when dealing with the Glasgow bias of the current SPFL set up can only be a good thing whilst, of course, retaining a healthy sporting rivalry.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 05-05-2015 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I'm quite happy to read all that. I like the idea of both Hibs and Hearts being run the right way. The animosity between the clubs that really kicked off during the Mercer thing, continued through the piaman era and became ridiculous under Vlad was way over the top. It's time to put that to bed IMO.

Hibs and Hearts are of similar size and should share the same, realistic goals. A well contemplated, united front when dealing with the Glasgow bias of the current SPFL set up can only be a good thing whilst, of course, retaining a healthy sporting rivalry.
    I agree

An apology to the rest of Scottish football for their lunatic ******** behaviour while being run by lunatic ********s wouldn't go amiss mind.

Quite honestly I could not care less. I am not in the slightest bit bothered what her intentions are. Some folk on here seem a bit obsessed by the yams.

I agree with that too. If you read that it's Rangers and Celtic being the ones that can't agree and all the decisions are about what's right for them, then any change to that set up is worthwhile. Although I can't stand them, I like what she's doing. Similar is going on at Easter Road so it all gets the nod from me.

I read that as nothing more than the continuation of the "Aren't Hearts Wonderful...at Everything" PR guff that's been ongoing ever since they bumped their Creditors and came out of Administration.

I'm sorry but what is it they're supposed to be doing that is so wonderful?

They now have a 'long term view'?
    --Woop-de-woo, welcome to the rest of the World, Jambos.

They've got 'Save The Children' on their shirts?

--Aye, but only cause they're being PAID to do it.

They're now bringing through young Players instead of paying unsustainable salaries?
    -- That's how most Clubs in Scotland have been run for years! Well, they got there in the end but it took going bust and losing their 'rich', crooked backer first to make that decision.

They're now Fan Owned?
    -- Ehm, not as far as I can see. What's the target for that, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I read that as nothing more than the continuation of the "Aren't Hearts Wonderful...at Everything" PR guff that's been ongoing ever since they bumped their Creditors and came out of Administration.

I'm sorry but what is it they're supposed to be doing that is so wonderful?

They now have a 'long term view'?
    --Woop-de-woo, welcome to the rest of the World, Jambos.

They've got 'Save The Children' on their shirts?

--Aye, but only cause they're being PAID to do it.

They're now bringing through young Players instead of paying unsustainable salaries?
    -- That's how most Clubs in Scotland have been run for years! Well, they got there in the end but it took going bust and losing their 'rich', crooked backer first to make that decision.

They're now Fan Owned?
    -- Ehm, not as far as I can see. What's the target for that, exactly?
    Notwithstanding the Banderson spin, I'd rather have that than talk of world cup stars, docksiders, mowgli and champions league wins.

They'll always be cheats though.

Never let them forget.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Big team, big number of pledgers - sure it will all end in fan ownership in line with the timetable - cant end any other way given all those foundation of hearts types with their commitments to paying the good lady back etc..................surely?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Notwithstanding the Banderson spin, I'd rather have that than talk of world cup stars, docksiders, mowgli and champions league wins.
    Give them time. They can't help themselves.

Was looking for Mad Vlads' list of pledges for comparison - they all swallowed hook line and sinker - but can't find it, went something like this?

Megasuperhotelstadium (there was a box of drawings that someone else paid for, and I think a feasibility study of sorts that the council helped out with?

Champions league win by 2008? Big tick in the box there.

Never losing by 5 goals to anyone?

Breaking the OF monopoly in the league - they nearly beat the now defunct Glasgow rangers but only managed admin to be fair.

Signing world cup stars - Ryan Stevenson had a star tattoo I think?

Anything else?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    any sign of that 21st century spanking brand new stand yet Budgers

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    To be fair it's up to the council to deliver that and look how long the trams took

Sir Matt Busby

There are pictures online of a 10,000 seater, two tier stand. It looks really good with its hotels etc...

Might cost a lot though.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I think the long term plan lasts up to the moment that the old stand gets condemned and the 'new' ones rust to pieces.

Don't laugh, look up the Council planning web-site for the Mega Stand application from 2008.

The status of the application is " pending consideration ", it ain't dead yet !

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    To be fair it's up to the council to deliver that and look how long the trams took

good point, but i suspect talks have already taken place, just waiting for the nod from the budge to proceed

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    There are pictures online of a 10,000 seater, two tier stand. It looks really good with its hotels etc...

Might cost a lot though.

when has that ever been a problem for them

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    I think the long term plan lasts up to the moment that the old stand gets condemned and the 'new' ones rust to pieces.
    How long term are we talking? I've seen their plans for the 35-45000 stadium,..... Only problem is they were drawn up around 1935 and I think the stadium design rules may have changed a little since then, oh an Saughton Mains Farm's been sold and someone has only gone and built houses on it..... The cheek!

Any truth in the pub talk that AB and CL are an "item" ?

@hibs.net private member
    Probably because I know Ann Budge, I have to say I find the demeaning comments and chants so immature and frankly appalling...just because it's about Hearts, can we not stay above unnecessary personal attacks...I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears. I wish, as Hibs fans, there were some things we would rise above.

Left by mutual consent!
    Dear Cragface, how are you going to finance an upgrade to/replacement of Tynecastle without any ability to borrow cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

good point, but i suspect talks have already taken place, just waiting for the nod from the budge to proceed

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

Might cost a lot though.

when has that ever been a problem for them

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Dear Cragface, how are you going to finance an upgrade to/replacement of Tynecastle without any ability to borrow cash?
    They'll be able to borrow cash if Budge acts as guarantor - much in the same way as Hibs did with STF.

Coaching Staff
    I'm quite happy to read all that. I like the idea of both Hibs and Hearts being run the right way. The animosity between the clubs that really kicked off during the Mercer thing, continued through the pieman era and became ridiculous under Vlad was way over the top. It's time to put that to bed IMO.

Totally agree.

Hearts fans were unbearable at times and made up this big club, wee club crap! If you think for one min I'll be forgetting that you are wrong! I ****ing hate them, hope they pricks suffer for years.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    I'm sure I've mentioned before, my bro is a season ticky type down gorgie way...

TC..... I've told him as much many a time!!! :-)

Whatever happens they will fall in ***** and come up smelling of roses as they always do, it's amazing what a bit of cheating and a funny handshake can do.

**** them I say.