hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forster Injury

Forster Injury

Anyone know how his injury is? Did not sound good on the radio.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Don't think we'll see him in the playoffs

Looked like ankle damage.

Hopefully Gray will use the break to get up sharpness and be ready as he is a good player also.

Looked really bad at the game. Had to get a wheelchair to take him off.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

Arrow

Likewise, any news on how bad Boyle's knock is?

He looked close to tears at the time.

He was banging the turf when it first happened to try and get the attention of the physios.

I personally think he'll be out until next season, based on how bad it looked at the time.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He looked close to tears at the time.

He was banging the turf when it first happened to try and get the attention of the physios.

I personally think he'll be out until next season, based on how bad it looked at the time.
    I've seen a few nasty injuries on artificial playing surfaces. Personally, I don't like them and they're not worth the risk.

On the radio they said it was when he landed, did Farid not do his achilles in when landing on that surface, hopefully just a bad sprain and back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I've seen a few nasty injuries on artificial playing surfaces. Personally, I don't like them and they're not worth the risk.
    Looked quite innocuous at the time as well, as Forster and the Falkirk player both went up for a header at the back post. I actually thought it was just a clash of heads at first as the Falkirk player went down for a moment as well.

Looked quite innocuous at the time as well as Forster and the Falkirk player both went up for a header at the back post. I actually thought it was just a clash of heads at first as the Falkirk player went down for a moment as well.
    Maybe ne landed on the Falkirk players foot and twisted his ankle.

I missed what happened. He went up for a header then the next thing he was rolling about in agony. I think it's a bad one the way he couldn't stand on it, thought it might even have been a break!!

Quote Originally Posted by IWASTHERE1902 View Post
    I missed what happened. He went up for a header then the next thing he was rolling about in agony. I think it's a bad one the way he couldn't stand on it, thought it might even have been a break!!
    Considering the length of time that El Alagui was out with his achilles injury, it might be better if it's a clean break of some kind.

Considering the length of time that El Alagui was out with his achilles injury, it might be better if it's a clean break of some kind.
    Rolling about could mean it wasn't a break. You tend to stay still when you suffer a break.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    Rolling about could mean it wasn't a break. You tend to stay still when you suffer a break.
    Probably didn't describe that very well. He wasn't really rolling about, more holding has ankle and punching the ground. Obviously in agony.

Quote Originally Posted by IWASTHERE1902 View Post
    Probably didn't describe that very well. He wasn't really rolling about, more holding has ankle and punching the ground. Obviously in agony.
    That sounds like it could be a break perhaps just slightly above the ankle. I had a break in the same circumstances coming down from a header and landing on the side of my foot rather than the underneath. In plaster for three months and another eight weeks building the strength and confidence in the leg.

Jordon travelled back on the team bus so hopefully means he didn't need to attend hospital. Will be assessed by the physio properly today or tomorrow to let any swelling die down

Feel sorry him as he has worked so hard to get back in the team

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    Jordon travelled back on the team bus so hopefully means he didn't need to attend hospital. Will be assessed by the physio properly today or tomorrow to let any swelling die down

He's played brilliantly since coming back in and allows us to go 3 at the back

He's been like a new signing of late, faultless MOTM display in the derby springs to mind. This is the last thing we need.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post

I've tended to be in favour of synthetic pitches up till now, but this season has changed my mind.

Fair enough the sort of pitch we see in the EPL at The Emirates or Stamford Bridge - grass with an interweave - but this pitch at Falkirk has crocked two of our players this season. Farid was out for months, and this injury to Forster sounds a really bad one.

Maybe they're OK if the players are training on them all the time, but in that case their installation by only a small number of clubs in a division puts the players of the other clubs at (apparently) serious risk.

Phew I'm glad to hear that, defo not a through and through break. Might be a sprain then.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    I've tended to be in favour of synthetic pitches up till now, but this season has changed my mind.

Fair enough the sort of pitch we see in the EPL at The Emirates or Stamford Bridge - grass with an interweave - but this pitch at Falkirk has crocked two of our players this season. Farid was out for months, and this injury to Forster sounds a really bad one.

Maybe they're OK if the players are training on them all the time, but in that case their installation by only a small number of clubs in a division puts the players of the other clubs at (apparently) serious risk.
    El Alagui got injured at Alloa but I agree with your general point.

@hibs.net private member
    I imagine it will be ankle ligament damage. Can't see him making the playoffs if it is any more than a sprain. Gutted for him as he worked so hard to get back in.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    El Alagui got injured at Alloa but I agree with your general point.

Sorry - I thought it was Falkirk. He played for Falkirk, IIRC.

The Mad Cow's after me these days, I'm afraid.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post

I don't think you can blame the pitch, Doddie. The squad train on the exact same 4G surface at East Mains without any known injuries occurring. Falkirk and QoS have probably played in excess of 50 home matches between them this season at home and how many of their players are blaming the surface for injuries, or the opposition for that matter?

While I prefer grass pitches, 4G pitches are here to stay and I'm all for them.

Fosters injury could have happened on any pitch in the country. The fact that it was at Falkirk is pure bad luck, IMHO.

Cheers for that, N

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    I don't think you can blame the pitch, Doddie. The squad train on the exact same 4G surface at East Mains without any known injuries occurring. Falkirk and QoS have probably played in excess of 50 home matches between them this season at home and how many of their players are blaming the surface for injuries, or the opposition for that matter?

While I prefer grass pitches, 4G pitches are here to stay and I'm all for them.

Fosters injury could have happened on any pitch in the country. The fact that it was at Falkirk is pure bad luck, IMHO.
    Pretty sure Zemamma did his ligaments there a few years ago too. Not sure if it was plastic then tho.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Pretty sure Zemamma did his ligaments there a few years ago too. Not sure if it was plastic then tho.
    That was at Hamilton, no?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Maybe. Certainly a ground with an open side.

Coaching Staff
    Players get injured on grass too. The ones on the artificial surfaces just get highlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    No, greenlex is right. Zemmama did his cruciate at Falkirk and missed almost a full season. He also broke his metatarsal during his time here, cant recall where though.