hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Testimonial Due

Newcastle 2015 = Hibs 2014?

Similar fall from grace in second half of season. Just the worst team in the league. Total garbage. Easy final 4 fixtures but hoping they don't pick up a single point and go down on goal difference or something. Most deserved of relegation candidates. Fingers crossed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    I don't know Sunderland have been utter Colin Nish all year

Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Similar fall from grace in second half of season. Just the worst team in the league. Total garbage. Easy final 4 fixtures but hoping they don't pick up a single point and go down on goal difference or something. Most deserved of relegation candidates. Fingers crossed.
    As a Newcastle fan I hope you're wrong but if you offered me a Mike Ashley run cub in the Premier League next year or him jumping and us going down I'd take the latter every time.

They won't go down unfortunately. I've had my wish for Millwall to go down so I shouldnae be too greedy. :-)

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    I don't know Sunderland have been utter Colin Nish all year
    Just scanning the fixtures and I can't see Sunderland getting the required 6 points needed to overcome Newcastle's predicted 35 + 0 points for the rest of the season. Pity.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee92 View Post
    As a Newcastle fan I hope you're wrong but if you offered me a Mike Ashley run cub in the Premier League next year or him jumping and us going down I'd take the latter every time.
    Ashley will be there for years to come I'm afraid. One of the reasons I hope they get relegated.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    They won't go down unfortunately. I've had my wish for Millwall to go down so I shouldnae be too greedy. :-)
    As an ex ST holder at Selhurst Park I heartily agree!

@hibs.net private member
    Just scanning the fixtures and I can't see Sunderland getting the required 6 points needed to overcome Newcastle's predicted 35 + 0 points for the rest of the season. Pity.
    Sunderland will beat Chelsea on last day to stay up. Chelsea will be on their holidays by that point.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    Sunderland will beat Chelsea on last day to stay up. Chelsea will be on their holidays by that point.
    I would love it if that happened and the toon went down. Love it.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I like the Toon AND the Makems - I suppose that's the equivalent of a Geordie liking Hibs & Hearts

However, if pushed, I'd pick Sunderland and emmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ............................................Hibs

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As a Newcastle sympathizer and having family down there who support them as much as we support our mob, I hope they stay up! Ashley will go but lets not penalise the great support because of Ashley!! The Geordies are awesome and mirror us as a support.

Newcastle 2015 = Hibs 2014 = Newport County 2016.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SWYD1875
    Which Newcastle 2015? The Premier League ones or the ones we're trying to beat to 2nd?

The only difference is that I don't think they have such a despicable c***bucket as manager.

More like Norwich !

I never understood the Alan Pardew hate. I think he's a very good manager.

Coaching Staff
    Isn't Ashley owed about £130 million?? Are the fans expecting him to walk away from that - is there anyone ready to give him that back?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    That's what's so funny about the whole situation. He was hounded out by the fans as they thought he was bad for the club. They would have been safe mid table if he was still there not on a 7 game losing streak.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    As a Newcastle sympathizer and having family down there who support them as much as we support our mob, I hope they stay up! Ashley will go but lets not penalise the great support because of Ashley!! The Geordies are awesome and mirror us as a support.
    Hounding out managers and executives and producing a piss poor atmosphere when losing?

Coaching Staff
    That's what's so funny about the whole situation. He was hounded out by the fans as they thought he was bad for the club. They would have been safe mid table if he was still there not on a 7 game losing streak.
    Imagine that.

I've always hated stripey football tops, so I'd like Newcastle AND Sunderland to get relegated.

My mate moved from the Borders to live in Newcastle about 30 years ago and has been a Newcastle ST holder pretty well ever since. He posted an article from the papers to Facebook and all you had to do was substitute the word Hibs for Newcastle to make it about us a year ago. Though I would never insult STF with any comparison to Mike Ashley.

I'm not sure why there is so much of a downer on NUFC on here, they are a big club who have underachieved for decades and yet their fans stick with them year after year ... I wish some of our fans had that sort of staying power.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    You talking about Pardew or Fenlon?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    You talking about Pardew or Fenlon?
    I know some folk would like to compare the two situations, but Pardew left and immediatly went to Palace, Fenlon left and, eventually, got a job at Shamrock Rovers.

Pardew was doing a good enough job, he's a good enough manager and he walked into a similar job. Fenlon wasn't doing a good enough job, wasn't a good enough manager, and ended up unemployed for about a year til the mighty Shamrock Rovers came calling.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    My mate moved from the Borders to live in Newcastle about 30 years ago and has been a Newcastle ST holder pretty well ever since. He posted an article from the papers to Facebook and all you had to do was substitute the word Hibs for Newcastle to make it about us a year ago. Though I would never insult STF with any comparison to Mike Ashley.

I'm not sure why there is so much of a downer on NUFC on here, they are a big club who have underachieved for decades and yet their fans stick with them year after year ... I wish some of our fans had that sort of staying power.

Hear hear

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    It's no the same. I wish Hibs could sell out Easter Road for every game but the product isn't worth it for most people. If we had players like Cabella and Sissoko and Janmaat though, it'd be a different story. If our opposition were bringing Hazard or Di Maria or Ozil then more folk would be interested still.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    He's a total James Hunt of a man but.

I have no problem with Newcastle: a big cub who should be doing better, and the Geordie folk are class. They're certainly in free fall just now and could find themselves relegated at the death, as we were.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    It's no the same. I wish Hibs could sell out Easter Road for every game but the product isn't worth it for most people. If we had players like Cabella and Sissoko and Janmaat though, it'd be a different story. If our opposition were bringing Hazard or Di Maria or Ozil then more folk would be interested still.
    I doubt that is the motivation for most Newcastle fans, perhaps for a season or two ... but I doubt that the thrill of knowing your team has decent players who aint cutting it or its getting turned over by quality opposition is enough for a club to sell out year after year. I like to give the NUFC fans a bit more credit than that and I say that as someone who is pretty ambivalent to them as a club.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 30-04-2015 at 03:43 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Sunderland win yesterday means Newcastle relegation is looking very possible. They ain't getting another point this season. Comical.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    This is all very very déjà vu for the toon and I also don't see easy bounce back for them either....is it possible to hit reset button on a club whilst playing in their respective top league?