hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liam Craig

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Liam Craig

Liam was outstanding today imho, actually would have picked him as man of the match ahead of Allan.

Think he may have put himself in contention for a start next week.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Liam was outstanding today imho, actually would have picked him as man of the match ahead of Allan.

Think he may have put himself in contention for a start next week.
    He had a great game today. Was gutted for him that his second half strike didn't go in off the post but delighted he got his goal in the first.

@hibs.net private member
    He was my MoM. Superb shift

Defo MOTM, played brilliantly.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Malonga was in with a shout for motm as well I thought

@hibs.net private member
    Yup said this on another threat a great game from him today I felt him and Malonga were excellent but would have had Liam as man of the match

Liam had a decent game but no more than that. His performance could only be classed as outstanding if you compare it to his previous performances this season. I can honestly say i was willing him to have a great game today but i thought he slowed the game so much in the first half. His goal was also a miss hit. He was good in the second half and very unlucky not to score. Still needs to be far more positive for me.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Malonga was in with a shout for motm as well I thought
    Yeah Malonga was cracking today as well, actually don't have too many complaints about Allan getting the award, he was good as well.

I thought Craig was at the heart of just about everything good we did today.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
    Liam had a decent game but no more than that. His performance could only be classed as outstanding if you compare it to his previous performances this season. I can honestly say i was willing him to have a great game today but i thought he slowed the game so much in the first half. His goal was also a miss hit. He was good in the second half and very unlucky not to score. Still needs to be far more positive for me.
    You'll get stick for that but I agree. I can't say I thought he was anything special today although looking back he obviously scored one and very unlucky not to get a second so won't complain too much.

I don't know about him slowing the play down too much but I have noticed he's got a dreadful first touch, Maybe those two things go hand in hand.

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    Totally agree with above, my nephew said as much during the game, people going overboard on a decent performance, great strike that hit inside of the post and cross come miss hot for his goal, but he's not the only one guilty of slowing the game down, we are just too slow at times, that's ok against allow but in the play offs has to be better, Scott Allan was good and Malonga and Boyle gave us better balance

Agree he had a good game. I don't think anyone had an outstanding game though. Not one player would have got less than 7/10 and I thought Craig, Malonga and Allan were the pick of the bunch. Good headsches for Stubbs to have now though, both in midfield and up front.

I honestly think we play better as a team when Craig plays. That does not mean I think he is better than Fyvie or McGeough. Craig can have a sweet left foot at times and I feel we are more direct with him in the team.

Glad to hear LC played well. Gives us a bit of balance having a lefty in midfield.
    What about his goal? Was it a screamer, a cross, a free-kick, deflected shot?? I've seen all the above!

IMHO Craig is a good player with a very good left foot, but he's pretty one dimensional. He can't really take on a player or defend well, and he's also not that quick. He probably has more of a goal threat than mcgouech and Fyvie but he doesn't really provide as much as they do when it comes to creating.

@hibs.net private member
    Had a very good game but Allan definitely MOM

at the heart of all the goals and created so many more chances with some absolutely fantastic brilliantly weighted defence splitting passes.

Liam did some ver good stuff and his goal clearly gave him confidence

The more we have playing at the top of their game the better

Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Glad to hear LC played well. Gives us a bit of balance having a lefty in midfield.
    What about his goal? Was it a screamer, a cross, a free-kick, deflected shot?? I've seen all the above!

It was an intended cross that flew in at the near post. Very unlucky with a shot off the inside of the post in the 2nd half

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Wonder what the likelihood is of him getting a new deal?

Strong finish to the season and he'll have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    I honestly think we play better as a team when Craig plays. That does not mean I think he is better than Fyvie or McGeough. Craig can have a sweet left foot at times and I feel we are more direct with him in the team.
    Decent point. He closes down and presses more than others in the middle do also. Had a good game today, good to see as I think he really cares. He mentioned in sportsound last week that the biggest honour of his career was to captain Hibs.

Good win in the sun today

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    He played well today in a team playing well. Not seen him play well when things are going against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Franck View Post
    Agree he had a good game. I don't think anyone had an outstanding game though. Not one player would have got less than 7/10 and I thought Craig, Malonga and Allan were the pick of the bunch. Good headsches for Stubbs to have now though, both in midfield and up front.

Thought the defence did well in an attacking manner, but don't know what happened with their goal. They seemed to leave it for each other and Peter Houston's comment from last week becomes reality again.

Craig - he did well, best I've seen from him for a long time, but I don't think he should stay here for another season. One swallow and all that.................

@hibs.net private member
    Thought he was a very decent today and was really unlucky not to score. Most of Hibs best performances this year have came with him playing so he would be in the team for me. Lots of good performances today and I don't think anyone played poorly with the exception of Jason but he bagged a goal so did his job. Boyle put in the biggest shift for me and I thought Malonga was very good. MOTM award was correct imo as Scott A was excellent

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Wonder what the likelihood is of him getting a new deal?

Strong finish to the season and he'll have a chance.
    I hope so.

I'd free him of the captains role though. You don't have to have the armband to inspire others and he obviously has something about him as he's been chosen by a few managers.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I hope so.

I'd free him of the captains role though. You don't have to have the armband to inspire others and he obviously has something about him as he's been chosen by a few managers.
    I hope not..........

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    I hope not..........

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Craig's a good player.

I always think our midfield looks more solid when he's in it, he doesn't do anything fancy but does all the simple things well.

Rarely loses the ball, has a great strike and his positioning is excellent; he always knows when to sit and when to attack.

It was an intended cross that flew in at the near post. Very unlucky with a shot off the inside of the post in the 2nd half
    I may be wrong here, but normally a player looks across to where he's putting the ball. Liam Craig didn't look across the line for his goal but got the ball he asked for from Scott Allan. Still some observers are loath to give him any credit whatsoever which is a shame. He had a very good game today although I concede that two of his passes never found their intended target which had some folk in the east moaning although when one of SA's many passes fail, they never say a word. It's a team game, when he's in the team support him, it's alarmingly simple, but then again, so are some of the boo boys.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    To add to my previous post,

I feel he suffered last season as he had the burden of being our most creative midfielder which isn't really his game IMO.

This season with Allan and McGeouch around him he's done a lot better.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    I may be wrong here, but normally a player looks across to where he's putting the ball. Liam Craig didn't look across the line for his goal but got the ball he asked for from Scott Allan. Still some observers are loath to give him any credit whatsoever which is a shame. He had a very good game today although I concede that two of his passes never found their intended target which had some folk in the east moaning although when one of SA's many passes fail, they never say a word. It's a team game, when he's in the team support him, it's alarmingly simple, but then again, so are some of the boo boys.
    Do you think he meant it?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Do you think he meant it?
    The pace he hit it was more like a shot than a cross

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    He got a great reception from the East today.