hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Entertainment

@hibs.net private member BurghHibby's Avatar

Entertainment

No long back via the pub but correct me if I'm wrong, is the game not about entertaining the fans?
    Because that today wasn't entertainment, one team trying to play football and the other just content to sit back and not contribute anything to the game.
    It's no wonder fans are staying away when subjected to the Levien / Houston style of play, let's not make it a spectacle and go for it but close the game down and make it just ***** for the paying and watching public!
    Tne sooner these twats are binned out of the game the better!
    Rant over.
    Hibs forever and **** the grunts

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    You should have stayed in the pub!

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Fair play to them, Falkirk played to their strengths and they got the win. They weren't there to entertain us.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair play to them, Falkirk played to their strengths and they got the win. They weren't there to entertain us.
    They probably played the same game as we would play against the Soapies.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurghHibby View Post
    No long back via the pub but correct me if I'm wrong, is the game not about entertaining the fans?
    Because that today wasn't entertainment, one team trying to play football and the other just content to sit back and not contribute anything to the game.
    It's no wonder fans are staying away when subjected to the Levien / Houston style of play, let's not make it a spectacle and go for it but close the game down and make it just ***** for the paying and watching public!
    Rant over.
    I'm pretty sure the Falkirk fans went home feeling entertained.

Did we go out to entertain against Rangers at Ibrox when we won 2-0?

Nope. But we won and were all lauding our 'versatility', 'adaptability' and 'tactical nous'.

I've said my piece about how Falkirk played today. It was utter pish to watch but ulitmately they set out to try and hit us on the break and did so. The fact we had numerous chances and didn't take them won't matter a jot to them. Their tactics both didn't work and did at the the same time.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Did we go out to entertain against Rangers at Ibrox when we won 2-0?

Nope. But we won and were all lauding our 'versatility', 'adaptability' and 'tactical nous'.

I've said my piece about how Falkirk played today. It was utter pish to watch but ulitmately they set out to try and hit us on the break and did so. The fact we had numerous chances and didn't take them won't matter a jot to them. Their tactics both didn't work and did at the the same time.

We all knew what they would do today. If we had been more clinical then it would Houston under the spotlight for trying to defend for 90minutes. Instead it's us who face the criticism for failing to see of supposedly "lesser" opposition.

We learned a few harsh lessons today. Always take your chances and nothing is ever a gimme!

Quote Originally Posted by BurghHibby View Post
    Rant over.
    I will correct u it is about winning END of