hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar

Stubbs got that wrong

IMO Dylan should never have been pit right wing back. Posted missing for the goal and looked lost in an unfamiliar position.

He altered players to keep the formations.
    we should have went 4 at the back with forster at right back

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO Dylan should never have been pit right wing back. Posted missing for the goal and looked lost in an unfamiliar position.

Was a winning formation last two games, why change it?!

Think Stubbs had it right, just could not get the ball in the net. It happens.

Think mcgeouch was fine and not lost at all, he turned off for the goal that's all it was.

If wee took the chances we created and won the game no one would say he got it wrong.

The performance proved he got it right, it's player errors that cost us the game

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Was a winning formation last two games, why change it?!
    As I said he didn't have the players available to suit the formation

Don't think you can blame Stubbs for today. We restricted Falkirk to 1 chance, outplayed them in midfield and created plenty chances. Luck, their goalie and poor finishing did us.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    outplayed them in midfield and created plenty chances. Luck, their goalie and poor finishing did us.
    As per

Only thing was disappinted in tactically today was our utterly honking set pieces. How many shorts one broke down and how many ones we did put in the box were meat and drink for the keeper and defence?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Only thing I would say is are there no defenders in the under 20 squad that could have played out right and allowed Dylan to play in the centre where he was so effective against Hearts?

Quote Originally Posted by cjward2 View Post
    Think Stubbs had it right, just could not get the ball in the net. It happens.
    Has happened too many times this season, our composure in front of goal is a joke.

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Has happened too many times this season, our composure in front of goal is a joke.
    This! Meanwhile, our defensive composure has been equally pathetic in the vast majority of these tight games.

We simply aren't good enough, often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Don't think you can blame Stubbs for today. We restricted Falkirk to 1 chance, outplayed them in midfield and created plenty chances. Luck, their goalie and poor finishing did us.
    Wasn't at Falkirk but the same thing you posted above applies to the two games at ER and today.

Too much of a coincidence.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The tactics were fine, we were by far the better team. Poor finishing cost us more than anything. Oxley barely had anything to do.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The tactics were fine, we were by far the better team. Poor finishing cost us more than anything. Oxley barely had anything to do.
    Poor finishing again. I've been saying for weeks it's going to cost us, when I said it I was thinking about goal difference in the league.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Poor finishing again. I've been saying for weeks it's going to cost us, when I said it I was thinking about goal difference in the league.
    Today was our season in a nutshell.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Took them apart, hit the post and the bar and had other chances.... That was not stubbs' fault

As I said he didn't have the players available to suit the formation
    Only change was McGeough out wide right...

I know why Stubbs sets the team up the way he does - to get loads of possession. But we had three midfielders all doing the same thing, ie receiving the ball then passing the buck to Allan. We needed more variation from midfield. Also, the way we play, the midfielders end up with more goalscoring opportunities than the forwards, but none of them are natural finishers. If Stubbs wants to play the same way next season, he needs to get a Latapy or even a Pat McGinley type in midfield who will knock in 10+ a season from midfield.

One other thing we could have done with is a quick winger or Kenny Miller type forward who runs to the byline and cuts the ball back for onrushing players. Too much of our player is through the middle and when other teams stay tight, we can't cut through them.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    He should have had farid off, he was clearly not fit enough today or good enough

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I wouldn't disagree with you about the tactics Matty, but the point for me is that when Oxley and the defence did get something to do, they ****** it up yet again.

We showed today what we are, a slightly better than average Championship team, one who our opponents sussed long ago. Just defend stolidly against us, admiring our tippy tappy play, and wait for that one chance which they will take. It's happened too often to be a fluke. Falkirk, Raith, Queens they all have us sussed.

I don't post much after these games but today for some reason I'm really angry, more so than usual. Never mind the loss of a day out at the Final for the fans, those players have just blown a financial windfall for the Club, one we may badly need if we don't get promoted (and the bookies odds on that don't lie in my opinion).

Different CEO, different coaches, different players, different approach, but still the one constant at Hibs. A bottling mentality in the games that REALLY matter. I'm stumped, I really am. I wonder what the sports psychologist tells them, I really do.

And don't get me started on the glacial speed of our play, it was like a pre season stroll out there at times.

Apologies for the negativity, but as I said, this one has made me even angrier than normal and given the kicks in the teeth we've had the last seven years, that's saying something.

Well at least I've got the Detroit Red Wings game to look forward to tonight. I hope one of my teams can give me some joy

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsummit View Post
    I wouldn't disagree with you about the tactics Matty, but the point for me is that when Oxley and the defence did get something to do, they ****** it up yet again.

We showed today what we are, a slightly better than average Championship team, one who our opponents sussed long ago. Just defend stolidly against us, admiring our tippy tappy play, and wait for that one chance which they will take. It's happened too often to be a fluke. Falkirk, Raith, Queens they all have us sussed.

I don't post much after these games but today for some reason I'm really angry, more so than usual. Never mind the loss of a day out at the Final for the fans, those players have just blown a financial windfall for the Club, one we may badly need if we don't get promoted (and the bookies odds on that don't lie in my opinion).

Different CEO, different coaches, different players, different approach, but still the one constant at Hibs. A bottling mentality in the games that REALLY matter. I'm stumped, I really am. I wonder what the sports psychologist tells them, I really do.

And don't get me started on the glacial speed of our play, it was like a pre season stroll out there at times.

Apologies for the negativity, but as I said, this one has made me even angrier than normal and given the kicks in the teeth we've had the last seven years, that's saying something.

Well at least I've got the Detroit Red Wings game to look forward to tonight. I hope one of my teams can give me some joy
    Not disagreeing with anything you say, but turning Hibs around was never going to be a short term job.

I'm still convinced that, in footballing terms, the appointment of AS marked the start of our recovery. Still much to play for and overall I'd rather be in our position than Falkirk's. We can go up.

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    He should have had farid off, he was clearly not fit enough today or good enough
    He was fit enough for the derby & fit enough to latch onto a ball to score the winner though.. ..the service towards the strikers today was shocking ..barely a cross met the man, too much tippy tappy indecision & the wrong ball delivered ..Farid & Cummings were pretty much fighting for scraps today ..

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Cummings and farid should have been off after 60 minutes at most. Both were inept today and it needed changed. Alas no we continued with the pair who really offered nothing all game.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Cummings and farid should have been off after 60 minutes at most. Both were inept today and it needed changed. Alas no we continued with the pair who really offered nothing all game.
    Tend to agree was amazed how poor both were as thought Farid in particular won next to nothing. Both Malonga and Djedje should have got more than they did.

What did stubbs say to media after the match?

Left by mutual consent!
    How the front 2 lasted near enough the whole game is scary.

Crying out for changes but same old, left it until the winner was scored 'cos we were never coming back from a goal down

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    What did stubbs say to media after the match?
    Unlucky were the better team and should be in final.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Stubbs never got it wrong they got lucky we peppered their goal and hit the woodwork twice.they got one chance and got lucky enough to rob us.

tactics

totally agree..poor vision of opposition and their likely approach.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Stubbs has been a rabbit in the headlights since the Huns game.

It was a good formation that he just seems to have written off.

This 3-5-2, has only looked decent v the Huns away in the 1st game & v Hearts last week, mainly cos they tried to match us. Every other game it's been more like a 5-3-2.

Very disappointed in Stubbs today. The Falkirk management team have had him in their pocket this season