hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Robertson and McGeouch passengers

Sad to say that these two were passengers today. Most of team couldn't control ball except for Scott Allan. We had so many chances but our standard of play apart from anything Scott Allan did was woeful. Need to learn to pass and move, first touch must be praticised. If we play like that rest of season we will stay down.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Thats why Dylan should never have been Right wing back. Posted missing for the goal and looked lost in an unfamiliar position

Completely agree. forgot Robertson was playing and McGeouch at fault for the goal. Not his natural position so don't hold it against him though

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    while Dylan did switch off at the goal

he also almost set up 1st for farid (macdonald save from header on the ground) and he should have scored with the volley 2nd half - altho then laid it on a plate for Lewis

he wasnt anywhere near our worst player (Jason)

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    One point of observation. Everytime we get a throw in NOBODY runs into space. They always stand still next to their marker. WTF?
    Broonie was the last player that actually 'moved' at shies.
    Sadly it's been like that for several years and for some reason, the top guys, who know a *****load more about the game than me, can't/don't see it.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    The referee blocked more balls out to Stevenson than their right back.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Completely agree. forgot Robertson was playing and McGeouch at fault for the goal. Not his natural position so don't hold it against him though
    Both were at fault for goal. Robertsons attempt to stop cross was woeful and McGeouch didn't even challenge.

I enjoy the Hibs TV stuff they are trying to do now but the club still need to do the talking on the pitch. We'll get the usual "can't fault the players" stuff which I fully understand but why throughout this season have we struggled against QoS and Falkirk? Players not good enough or tactically unsound? Sadly I think it is: large parts of team aren't good enough. Isn't that part of the reason we've played diamond midfield. We've needed players able to cross and get to the byline against these teams and we don't have 1. Instead we've strengthened middle with more players because we're easy to play against (still the case).

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    The referee blocked more balls out to Stevenson than their right back.
    To be honest, I thought the ref was pretty fair all round.
    Though I must say, his first touch from the Allan pass was crap.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    To be honest, I thought the ref was pretty fair all round.
    Though I must say, his first touch from the Allan pass was crap.
    The ref was garbage

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    The ref was garbage
    Would like to add that Handling was sent off against Rangers for a similar tackle to Taiwo. From behind and scissor movement. Referee was mince. Every referee at top of Scottish football is. In with the boys, only reason they go there.

Robertson is pointless, but we had 3 or 4 players all doing the same thing, ie passing to Allan, in midfield. As I said on another thread, if we are going to play so many midfielders, we need a bit more variation there. None of them are goalscorers but the way Stubbs sets us up, the chances keep falling to them. We also could have done with a speedy runner up front to play the ball through to.

I hope Stubbs makes the necessary changes in the summer because I don't think this team will do much better next season - too many teams know how to handle us.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    One point of observation. Everytime we get a throw in NOBODY runs into space. They always stand still next to their marker. WTF?
    Broonie was the last player that actually 'moved' at shies.
    Sadly it's been like that for several years and for some reason, the top guys, who know a *****load more about the game than me, can't/don't see it.
    When you have a throw in you have possession and should keep it
    Most of the time.Not Hibs.
    They give it awAy most of the time

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Robertson was *****. Crapped out of every 50/50 and chose to wait on the ball instead of making a tackle. His effort to stop the cross for the goal was also shocking.

Methinks the Hampden pitch did not suit Robertson. He looked out of place from the whistle. What surprises me is that while we can see from the stands and on screen that he is having an ineffectual game but Stubbs cannot see it from the dug-out.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    What a load of ****! One week Robertson is our most improved player the next he is not good enough for us. Get to ****. Sick of knee jerk reactions to a loss. As for Dyan yeah he wasn't great but come on te ****.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Sad to say that these two were passengers today. Most of team couldn't control ball except for Scott Allan. We had so many chances but our standard of play apart from anything Scott Allan did was woeful. Need to learn to pass and move, first touch must be praticised. If we play like that rest of season we will stay down.

Complete rubbish and quite frankly a terrible thread. Ffs, these boys have been brilliant for us all season.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    What a load of ****! One week Robertson is our most improved player the next he is not good enough for us. Get to ****. Sick of knee jerk reactions to a loss. As for Dyan yeah he wasn't great but come on te ****.
    I've never said Robertson was our most improved player. Not a knee jerk reaction. McGeouch has been very poor for weeks (even before he went out injured). Hardly knee jerk reaction, these players have struggled against QoS, Falkirk and lesser teams all season. Where are all the 5-0 scores? Hardly any. Hardly any more than 2-0.
    This is a reaction to many losses and many dropped points against teams we should be beating. Once again not knee jerk.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Complete rubbish and quite frankly a terrible thread. Ffs, these boys have been brilliant for us all season.
    Your definition of brilliant is vastly different from mine clearly. Struggling to get promotion in Championship and dropping points against part-time teams is hardly my definition of brilliant. Sad to say if that is brilliant then I'm concerned what poor is.

Next week they will be heroes.

Just sometimes things don't work out and today was one of them.

Ŵe should have won but we didn't.

Concentrate on promotion.

Ur spot on mate Robbo was nowhere near as bad as some are making out on here...the knee jerkers are out in force today. He didnt have his best game yest but massive overreaction on this thread. As for Dylan...he was played out of position due to Gray Watson and Boyle all being unavailable

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    There's no point pointing the finger at these 2 ,I would put these 2 on my team sheet every week,the reason we are out is we cannot put the ball in the net,we can batter teams all day long but if you can't put the ball in the net you won't win

I've never said Robertson was our most improved player. Not a knee jerk reaction. McGeouch has been very poor for weeks (even before he went out injured). Hardly knee jerk reaction, these players have struggled against QoS, Falkirk and lesser teams all season. Where are all the 5-0 scores? Hardly any. Hardly any more than 2-0.
    This is a reaction to many losses and many dropped points against teams we should be beating. Once again not knee jerk.
    Couldn't disagree more. McGeouch is our best player and we'll be very lucky to keep him. I thought he did OK today in a role that I have never seen him play before. Looking forward to seeing him back in the middle of the park driving the team forward again on Wednesday.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Ur spot on mate Robbo was nowhere near as bad as some are making out on here...the knee jerkers are out in force today. He didnt have his best game yest but massive overreaction on this thread. As for Dylan...he was played out of position due to Gray Watson and Boyle all being unavailable
    I cannot fathom this "knee jerk" statement. Are we romping the league or something? Are we thrashing part-time teams? Knee jerk means sudden...we play diamond in midfield to be more solid in middle for defensive purposes. We sit off part-time teams when we lose the ball. We can't cross the ball, we have no wingers because they left a frailty in defence against part-time teams (e.g. Kennedy didn't defend). Really can't understand the love in for these players struggling to gain promotion and dropping points against part-time teams.

Will it be overreaction when we are still in championship and still dropping points against part-time teams next season if this comes to happen? Will that still be knee jerk? What are our standards and expectations? Have we already adjusted them for a stay in the championship?

I cannot fathom this "knee jerk" statement. Are we romping the league or something? Are we thrashing part-time teams? Knee jerk means sudden...we play diamond in midfield to be more solid in middle for defensive purposes. We sit off part-time teams when we lose the ball. We can't cross the ball, we have no wingers because they left a frailty in defence against part-time teams (e.g. Kennedy didn't defend). Really can't understand the love in for these players struggling to gain promotion and dropping points against part-time teams.

Will it be overreaction when we are still in championship and still dropping points against part-time teams next season if this comes to happen? Will that still be knee jerk? What are our standards and expectations? Have we already adjusted them for a stay in the championship?
    Because of where we started from last summer...the more realistic amongst us expected play offs were about the best we could hope for...yes we shouldn't be in this league but we are and there are many encouraging signs despite some disappointments. But people on here jump on the back of defeats like its an apocalypse or something?? We had very little chance of winning the final so we need to move on qyquickly and back the team thru the play offs. We still have an excellent chance of going up!! Try a glass half full for a change pal

I don't think the balance in the team is quite right and that was exacerbated by having to play McGeouch wide right. El Alagui also still looks very rusty to me - understandably so.

However, generally - we don't have enough pace or directness in the team. I think it is difficult to expect Alan Stubbs to have fixed every single aspect of a broken squad when he arrived in the short time he's had available to re-shape things. I am pretty sure he agrees with this point though and I imagine it's why he brought in Boyle on loan.

I am extremely happy that we've got quite a few quality footballers in the squad such as Allan, Fyvie and McGeouch but we need more of a mixture in our starting 11 so that there's more of a goal threat from midfield, more pace and more players willing to try to go past people. It was only really Scott Allan who was able to do that yesterday.

We'll get more of an idea where Stubbs sees our strengths and weaknesses once his summer signing targets become apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    When we are struggling with not enough pace, I can't fathom why Harris was put on loan for a full season, would it not have been better to loan him out till January and see where his head was etc and then have him for the run in if he was ready that is, his pace and directness is missing from the team.
    Harris only went out on loan in January

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Harris only went out on loan in January

Was it, jeez I'd have sworn he's been away for nearly all the season, but yea you're right it was a swap for Boyle, getting auld is no laughing matter lol

PS post deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post
    Methinks the Hampden pitch did not suit Robertson. He looked out of place from the whistle. What surprises me is that while we can see from the stands and on screen that he is having an ineffectual game but Stubbs cannot see it from the dug-out.

The pitch was very fiery with the ball often bouncing more than head high on the second bounce never mind the first.Our real failure was very poor crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Was it, jeez I'd have sworn he's been away for nearly all the season, but yea you're right it was a swap for Boyle, getting auld is no laughing matter lol

PS post deleted
    Agree with what your saying though, we have a worrying lack of wingers, actually we have 0 natural wingers, that's why I felt it strange getting rid of Kennedy and Harris, we done even have the option to play wingers as we have none, you could play boyle and dje dje there however

@hibs.net private member
    I don't get this thread at all - McGeoch, his defending at their goal apart was involved a lot and very good for us - Robertson did nothing wrong