hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Neil Doncaster - Untenable

Sorry if something has been posted along these lines already, but given the utterly shambolic and completely unprofessional manner in which the SPFL handled the fixture debacle, surely Doncaster's position must be seriously examined. I found the statement totally infuriating by just trying to blame Hibs for everything. However, that is not the pressing issue out of this matter. It's been very obvious that the SPFL are desperate to see the Rangers back into the top tier as soon as possible. Even when they went bust Doncaster was trying to wriggle them into 1st Division. There's no doubt this was a stitch up to help the The Rangers back in the top tier. Sporting integrity? Don't get me started...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Who's going to examine his position? It seems like they're all employed by the old firm.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    You don't have to look hard in the recent statements about how the SFPL has run things to see the threat in there from Edinburgh's dynamic duo....

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't have to look hard in the recent statements about how the SFPL has run things to see the threat in there from Edinburgh's dynamic duo....
    Hearts making a formal complaint - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32340534

Well done Budgie.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Worth saying again even if it's been said before. Please get rid of this clown!

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Worth saying again even if it's been said before. Please get rid of this clown!
    Agreed, clown!

I had a nosey round several teams fans forums last night to see what the opinion was. General consensus is that Doncaster needs to resign asap. I have yet to see one post of someone backing him up. If any of us were that bad at our jobs we would have been shown the door long before now.

I want to get to the Scottish cup final and playoff final for obvious reasons but I want to see how these muppets deal with the Scottish cup final and playoff final dates. They don't have a clue.

'S' Form
    When the 3 bodies merged there was only 1 of the 3 run well and that was the SFL and both doncaster and regan gave longmuir the boot. I just suprised it has taken this long for them to make a screw up of this size, thoug. it would be sooner.

His position is completely untenable. He should resign but he won't. The clubs need to get rid of his asap, I can't see a single argument for keeping him in place. It's been one farce too many for Doncaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Franck View Post
    His position is completely untenable. He should resign but he won't. The clubs need to get rid of his asap, I can't see a single argument for keeping him in place. It's been one farce too many for Doncaster.

Agreed. He probably thinks he's doing a good job and will definitely want a big pay-off.

This is the man that tried to get New Rangers into the SPL, then the 1st Division and quite shamefully forecast a 'Footballing Armageddon' if they weren't admitted.

He is the same person that has failed completely to find a League Sponsor. No surprise, given his 'Armageddon' statement; that's hardly the Big Sell.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Agreed. He probably thinks he's doing a good job and will definitely want a big pay-off.

This is the man that tried to get New Rangers into the SPL, then the 1st Division and quite shamefully forecast a 'Footballing Armageddon' if they weren't admitted.

He is the same person that has failed completely to find a League Sponsor. No surprise, given his 'Armageddon' statement; that's hardly the Big Sell.

In my eyes he should have been punted a long time ago, since all that above and more he has been given a pay rise. shows what I Know

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Situations happen during the course of the season such as decisions around play off dates and games being moved for tv which has shown up Doncaster's incompetence and inability to make the correct decision.

The most galling thing for me is being unable to secure a sponsor of any kind for the last 2 seasons. That should be a sacking offence in itself.

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but just seen Killie will play 18 home games and 20 away this season...WTF is that about?

The failure to secure a sponsor for our league system should be a sackable offence in itself. The fact the man in charge of the organisation has spent the last few years talking his product down at every opportunity must have contributed.

In any commerical or public business, and I dare say a majority in the 3rd sector as well, he would have been booted out the door a long time ago.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by KirkyK View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but just seen Killie will play 18 home games and 20 away this season...WTF is that about?
    Heard the Killie chairman on the radio last night. He said they had written to the SPFL back in December requesting that their final game of the season be at home as they have a big 50th anniversary event celebrating winning the league on goal average from you know who. He said there were lots of old players coming from all corners of the world for the occasion. What happens? They are away to St Mirren in the last game. The whole organisation is a shambles.

Don't worry mate! Just like the referee's decisions, they will balance themselves out over the season. Not sure what season the SPFL had in mind, as the TV company's could well change it!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Heard the Killie chairman on the radio last night. He said they had written to the SPFL back in December requesting that their final game of the season be at home as they have a big 50th anniversary event celebrating winning the league on goal average from you know who. He said there were lots of old players coming from all corners of the world for the occasion. What happens? They are away to St Mirren in the last game. The whole organisation is a shambles.
    Really? What a bunch of ********s.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Fair play to Budge as well. Like Leanne she is not taking any crap from this idiot. No wonder Scottish football is a virtual laughing stock with incompetence like this. The worrying thing is it goes beyond being useless - it's corrupt as well. To think they thought they could get away with it...

Left by mutual consent!

A day in Court

The statement released to the press, I think, on the Wednesday am blaming Hibs for his own incompetence was a scandal and imo worthy of a law suit as it was down right lies. Leann left him in no doubt about our clubs feelings and good on her but we should threaten Doncaster with said Court Case unless he goes now.

Not sure why they call themselves the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) when they should do everybody a favour and drop the "P" for an "O" and call themselves Scottish (or Sky) Old Firm League (SOFL) at least we would know were we stood

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    And of course Sky are blameless... NOT. They are the king makers that decide which leagues prosper whilst others wilt on the vine. Chairmen and associations enticed by their dosh.

Question (not Sky's fault) - Of all the money's taken in from TV, where has it gone ? Players / agents pockets. Grass roots, facilities for supporters? There should be a fairer distribution.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    And of course Sky are blameless... NOT. They are the king makers that decide which leagues prosper whilst others wilt on the vine. Chairmen and associations enticed by their dosh.

Question (not Sky's fault) - Of all the money's taken in from TV, where has it gone ? Players / agents pockets. Grass roots, facilities for supporters? There should be a fairer distribution.
    Again of his own making because he cannot get a sponsor the league is over reliant on TV money and he has to bend over at the whim of the TV bosses.

Blog Entries
    The moment he said there would be Armageddon if Newco weren't parachuted into the 2nd tier he should have been fired. His shocking efforts to blame others for his own incompetence appear to embarrass everyone except him!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    The moment he said there would be Armageddon if Newco weren't parachuted into the 2nd tier he should have been fired. His shocking efforts to blame others for his own incompetence appear to embarrass everyone except him!
    Yeh, okay. But who'd do the Donkey work?

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHibby93 View Post
    Sorry if something has been posted along these lines already, but given the utterly shambolic and completely unprofessional manner in which the SPFL handled the fixture debacle, surely Doncaster's position must be seriously examined. I found the statement totally infuriating by just trying to blame Hibs for everything. However, that is not the pressing issue out of this matter. It's been very obvious that the SPFL are desperate to see the Rangers back into the top tier as soon as possible. Even when they went bust Doncaster was trying to wriggle them into 1st Division. There's no doubt this was a stitch up to help the The Rangers back in the top tier. Sporting integrity? Don't get me started...
    No apology needed, this needs to be out there, and some. We win the morra and our season will, possibly be into June wtf...

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Hearts making a formal complaint - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32340534

Well done Budgie.
    It's, Mrs Budge from now on for, Me

But, But it's a level playing field don'tcha know..... This split nonsense isn't working imo

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    When LD said that the governance of the SPFL had to be looked at, I took that to mean Donkey. I have a feeling that, backed up by Rod, she will not let this rest.

Coaching Staff
    Oh for the days of Jim Farry!

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Oh for the days of Jim Farry!
    Ernie Walker = Old School.

I also see that young, Jackie Mac would prefer a bigger league set-up!!... Doncaster may play this as his joker card

Doncaster was the one who was favouring a ten team league a few years ago even when every survey of the fans wanted a larger league, ignore your public at your peril. He favoured the ten as it no doubt gave the OF a greater chance of dominance every season, sack him now.