hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Derby

Left by mutual consent!

Derby

Slowly dreading it but if we don't change our formation/tactics we are definitely not going to win.

3-5-2

Oxley

Forster
    Hanlon
    Fontaine

McGeough
    Fyvie
    Robertson
    Allan
    Stevenson

El Alagui
    Boyle

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Can see this far enough. Pumping on the cards.

Got a game to play before we think about the Derby

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can see this far enough. Pumping on the cards.
    I don't know about a pumping but going from what I've seen recently, any manager with half a brain and an organised team can keep us at arms length.

Farid must start. That's all I can say right now as we need men, not mice.

This is what's wrong with this club. There should be a burning desire from all at Hibs to hump the yams everytime we play them,. They'll come, and will party at our ground again. Absolutely not good enough imo. Why do we meekly accept them dominating us ffs? What's Stubbs going to do about this? I can hear the excuses already "we carry on...."

It's typical Hibs to go out win this and lose against the likes of Dunbarton. Hearts will play the same way they did all other times. Sit in hard to break down and hit on the break.

I was quite looking forward to playing them a few weeks ago.

Not looking forward to next week at all now, really can't see us getting anything right now.

As someone else has rightly pointed out though, we have a huge game on Wednesday night first of all and we need to be prepared for that.

Losing at Dumbarton doesn't bear thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibs View Post
    This is what's wrong with this club. There should be a burning desire from all at Hibs to hump the yams everytime we play them,. They'll come, and will party at our ground again. Absolutely not good enough imo. Why do we meekly accept them dominating us ffs? What's Stubbs going to do about this? I can hear the excuses already "we carry on...."
    If you look at hearts, beating hibs is everything to them. It is drilled into every player that it is simply unacceptable to come away from a derby with anything less than a win. This may be a bit overly-obsessive but the reality is that that is the reason they have more often than not gotten one over on us. I've seen very mediocre hearts teams beat quite good hibs teams in the past and its a lot down to the attitude, our players just don't seem to get as up for it as they do. They are our biggest, most hated rivals - it SHOULD be a priority to beat them and beat them regularly.

This posts sounds a few years old. When did we last "meekly accept them dominating us"?

Derbies aren't the problem.

One of the things that McLeish did, was to absolutely drill into our players the need to boss the derbies. And he built his success from that. Every Hearts manager seems to get that. Our Derby results this season are simply unacceptable, and I'm dreading next Sunday. Nothing less than a victory next week should be acceptable to everyone at Easter Road. No excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Slowly dreading it but if we don't change our formation/tactics we are definitely not going to win.

3-5-2

Oxley

Forster
    Hanlon
    Fontaine

McGeough
    Fyvie
    Robertson
    Allan
    Stevenson

El Alagui
    Boyle
    Think you may find Allan is suspended for the hearts game. Could be wrong bit he was one card away from suspension and the Dumbarton game is to soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMonkey7 View Post
    If you look at hearts, beating hibs is everything to them. It is drilled into every player that it is simply unacceptable to come away from a derby with anything less than a win. This may be a bit overly-obsessive but the reality is that that is the reason they have more often than not gotten one over on us. I've seen very mediocre hearts teams beat quite good hibs teams in the past and its a lot down to the attitude, our players just don't seem to get as up for it as they do. They are our biggest, most hated rivals - it SHOULD be a priority to beat them and beat them regularly.
    Absolutely spot on

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
    Think you may find Allan is suspended for the hearts game. Could be wrong bit he was one card away from suspension and the Dumbarton game is to soon.
    I wondered that myself, but I think any suspension comes into effect 14 days after the last booking so will likely be after the Cup game.

Sorry I thought it just had to be over 7 days and with the derby being on a sunday it would be that.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
    It is two weeks so he would miss the Livingston game on the 22nd if he has gone over any points total today.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    One of the things that McLeish did, was to absolutely drill into our players the need to boss the derbies. And he built his success from that. Every Hearts manager seems to get that. Our Derby results this season are simply unacceptable, and I'm dreading next Sunday. Nothing less than a victory next week should be acceptable to everyone at Easter Road. No excuses.
    Having Sauzee and Latapy helped a bit too.....

Not looking forward to this at all.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Will be betting on Hearts to win 2-0.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I don't know about a pumping but going from what I've seen recently, any manager with half a brain and an organised team can keep us at arms length.

Farid must start. That's all I can say right now as we need men, not mice.
    3-5-2 and we struggle to get a grip of things in midfield - Rankgers showed everyone else how to play against.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

he was also the last manager we had that could effectively change tactics during the first half of a game, or change personnel/tactics for the start of the 2nd half....imo of course

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Hearts players are told the derby games are just another three points to win or lose. Our players get it built up into the be-all and end-all. Breaking under pressure makes players run onto the pitch already a goal down, and hide when they should show out. More important to be the one who was not to blame, rather than risk being the one that dared to win.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Hearts players are told the derby games are just another three points to win or lose. Our players get it built up into the be-all and end-all. Breaking under pressure makes players run onto the pitch already a goal down, and hide when they should show out. More important to be the one who was not to blame, rather than risk being the one that dared to win.
    Completely disagree. Hearts treat the Derby completely different to any other game. It's everything. Even their bloody tea lady hates us.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Completely disagree. Hearts treat the Derby completely different to any other game. It's everything. Even their bloody tea lady hates us.
    Rubbish.Hearts go out to win every game-if they treated the derby differently we might have won more often.

It's not just the club, it's some fans too.
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Rubbish.Hearts go out to win every game-if they treated the derby differently we might have won more often.
    So last year Hearts beat us 3 times from 4. 4 from 5 if you include the league cup game at ER.

Did they have an 80% win rate against anyone else? And given their Derby record that Isn't me exactly plucking one random season out the air.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    So last year Hearts beat us 3 times from 4. 4 from 5 if you include the league cup game at ER.

Did they have an 80% win rate against anyone else? And given their Derby record that Isn't me exactly plucking one random season out the air.
    You can see in derbies they want it more. They know hard work wins in derbies.

The cheating has helped as well of course.

I agree. I'm sure Ryan McGowan said that when players sign for hearts, the first thing they are told is that they have to beat Hibs. How it should be IMO

They are coming to party and really rub our noses in it! I honestly can see a poor home support next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    They are coming to party and really rub our noses in it! I honestly can see a poor home support next week!
    So can I. Flip that round to when we were going to party at Tynecastle and relegate them last year. Their fans turned up, their players turned up and our party didn't happen.

That's what I was getting at earlier on this thread when I said they treat this like a different game.

impossible to get excited about this game.