hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Highlights

Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=21&v=YVnkhbQvLTY

how we don't win these games is beyond me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

We had enough chances to win 4 games!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    I thought at the time David Gray should of scored, looks even worse in the reply.

That would of put us 2-1 up and I've no doubt we would of went on to win it.

I wasn't at the game but very unlucky going by that

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post
    I thought at the time David Gray should of scored, looks even worse in the reply.

That would of put us 2-1 up and I've no doubt we would of went on to win it.
    That's may thoughts also.

So many chances and way too many players wanting to tippy tappy it into the net. Whatever happened to "Putting your laces though it" at ER.....

Left by mutual consent!
    Oxley should be saving their first. But apart from that how slack were we to give them the opporchancity.

Some really poor defending there from Gray and Watson. Fontaine has a bad habit of running to defend our goal line whenever there's danger in the box. Pays off at times but the last 2 weeks he could probably have prevented a goal if he stayed alert with a man in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic#7 View Post
    Oxley should be saving their first. But apart from that how slack were we to give them the opporchancity.
    I thought the guy stuck it away well. But hey, let's have another stab at Ox

Looked like the story of chunks of our season in one 90 minute montage.

Not taking our chances when on top and sucker punched which cost us points.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Oh and what the hell is the defending about at the 2nd goal? The guy who hits the initial shot is standing in about 10 yards off space. Why is Stevenson where he is and why does Fontaine turn back towards his own goal when the cross comes in?

If Lewis had picked up the player who hit the initial shot and Fontaine had picked up the player who put the rebound in that was a simple goal to prevent.

Wow .... just how many chances can you squander in one game? Malonga should have scored, it was actually a poor effort to hit the bar from a free header.

The defending at the 2nd goal was very poor, but the truth is we should have been out of sight by then .... oh for a Leigh Griffiths.

Quote Originally Posted by Leithenhibby View Post
    That's may thoughts also.

So many chances and way too many players wanting to tippy tappy it into the net. Whatever happened to "Putting your laces though it" at ER.....
    Very much this. Reminds me of the Chuckle Bros. To you, to me, to you, to me then.

Giving their keeper to much time to get settled.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Oh and what the hell is the defending about at the 2nd goal? The guy who hits the initial shot is standing in about 10 yards off space. Why is Stevenson where he is and why does Fontaine turn back towards his own goal when the cross comes in?

If Lewis had picked up the player who hit the initial shot and Fontaine had picked up the player who put the rebound in that was a simple goal to prevent.
    When the second goal went in yesterday I thought Oxley had fumbled the ball but laid most of the blame on the defenders. After watching that again I have changed my mind. Oxley did well with the first save. I now reckon all of the blame lies with the defenders.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

The ball should never have got that far. There were at least 3 players strolling back who should have blocked Nade before the ball ever entered the box. Poor defending.

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought it was central enough to save it. And from far enough out to see it coming. All of his momentum was on the wrong foot, making it hard for himself to get back across.

I think Alexander or Bell save that. But as for lets have another pop at ox, I don't think I've had a pop at ox on here ever. I just think he could do better with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post
    Very much this. Reminds me of the Chuckle Bros. To you, to me, to you, to me then.

Giving their keeper to much time to get settled.
    Our midfield get into such dangerous positions and faf about at times. ******ING hit it ffs. The through ball from Allen had class all over it and Gray made such a meal of it.

Frustrating doesn't even come close..................

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post
    The ball should never have got that far. There were at least 3 players strolling back who should have blocked Nade before the ball ever entered the box. Poor defending.
    Don't disagree with that either. Bit of a shambles really.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic#7 View Post
    I thought it was central enough to save it. And from far enough out to see it coming. All of his momentum was on the wrong foot, making it hard for himself to get back across.

I think Alexander or Bell save that. But as for lets have another pop at ox, I don't think I've had a pop at ox on here ever. I just think he could do better with that.
    Fair do's, we will just have to, agree to disagree.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    I thought the ball went in the middle of the goal and wasn't that hard a shot tbh. I would think Ox would have been disappointed with that. Really should have been irrelevant if we'd taken a fraction of our chances.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Those misses are worse than I remember!! Shocking stuff. Been like this all season, that's what's cost us valuable points.

Can't miss that many chances and expect to win anything. It's been the story of nearly every game we've dropped points in this season. Some bad misses in that collection.

@hibs.net private member
    Very unlucky there - twice hitting the woodwork with god knows how many other chances. RR on the other hand appear to score with their first serious effort after almost an hour!

It seems clear that we were increasingly guilty of leaving gaps at the back towards the end though which lead to the winner.

Very frustrating although we shouldn't be too discouraged by this defeat.

@hibs.net private member
    Thought Oxley should have done better with both goals

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Thought Oxley should have done better with both goals

Possibly the first. The second was a very good intitial save and if I was oxley I'd be looking for more from my defenders as they were ball watching.

Quote Originally Posted by skipster7 View Post
    I thought the ball went in the middle of the goal and wasn't that hard a shot tbh. I would think Ox would have been disappointed with that. Really should have been irrelevant if we'd taken a fraction of our chances.

When our keeper has 3 defenders in front of him and not one gets close, you have to think it's the defenders that should be getting to the ball. I'm not and never gonna be a keeper, but watching it back I'd have to say the defenders were found wanting.........

EDIT Gray has so much time to compose himself but chooses to have a wild swing at it. Poor at best.

From Min 3.30
    Last edited by Leithenhibby; 29-03-2015 at 01:43 PM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Also how is Nade able to amble inside two players under no challenge and lay it across goal. Awful goal to lose.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Possibly the first. The second was a very good intitial save and if I was oxley I'd be looking for more from my defenders as they were ball watching.
    At the second goal he should have held it or pushed away to the side. I just don't think he's good enough. But if we had taken the chances his crap performance would be irrelevant

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Also how is Nade able to amble inside two players under no challenge and lay it across goal. Awful goal to lose.
    somebody should have been over melting him, just to let him amble over with no pressure was poor defending . its hibs tho so its what you expect , still does my heid in tho.

At the second goal he should have held it or pushed away to the side. I just don't think he's good enough. But if we had taken the chances his crap performance would be irrelevant

It was too close to hold to be honest after a brilliant save he was unlucky to lose the goal and with 3 defenders in the vicinity I'd be wanting more from them.

It's easy to point out the keepers 'mistake' but he should never have had a shot to deal with in the 1st place. Nade travelled 40 yards or so with the ball and waltzed past Watson and McGeough like they weren't there, the less said about Grays attempt at a tackle when Raith initially won the ball the better and finally Stevenson and Fontaines bizarre positioning and it's a catalogue of errors.

Fwiw I thought the initial save from Oxley was a good one. He was wrong footed as the shot went back across him from the cross, he got a good hand on it and was let down by the failure of any defenders or midfielders to react quickly enough.