hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We won't go up!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

We won't go up!

We won't go up if we keep on losing games like today!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Stating the obvious.....However ever if we play better and win all our games we will

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Thanks for clearing that up !

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bed wetter

Sorry mate always fancied saying that.....but I'll join you in that soaking bed as I agree with you....
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Stating the obvious.....However ever if we play better and win all our games we will
    I wasn't there today but from the updates we played well and created lots of chances!

We won't go up if we don't take our chances though abd that's been our problem all season.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Obv if we lose games we won't go up. But we still can and we're as good as the rest.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Bed wetter

Sorry mate always fancied saying that.....but I'll join you in that soaking bed as I agree with you....
    Was waiting on someone calling me that ;-)
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Look at me.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh dear, things were going so well around here too.

How we never won that game from listening to the commentary today I don't know. A mixture of bad luck (in hitting the woodwork 3 times) and ultimately leaving the back door open in naïve fashion.

It was never going to be easy to go up thru the playoffs imo - however we have the quality, we need to organise ourselves better and get the mental side right quickly. Its still very possible, all is not lost by any means.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I wasn't there today but from the updates we played well and created lots of chances!

We won't go up if we don't take our chances though abd that's been our problem all season.
    Yeah fair point, from the stats it looks like we had most of the game (and the updates on here)..So if we played better in the area of taking our chances

Yup, agree 100% we won't go up, it was always gonna be too big an ask to get through all the play off games, Hibs would never win them all, not a bedwetter, just years of supporting Hibs will back this up, it's all about that cup run for us now.

This isn't the 1st bad loss after dominating a game this season, we've also dropped plenty due to draws, Cummins is a natural scorer, Malonga is not, simple as that and you CANNOT play Malonga as the main man up top on his own, he's not strong enough and negates his ability to bring others into the game.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    How long did it take you to work that out? Stupid post.

The only possible good thing that might come from today (and last week) is that the media, Huns and everyone else will now start to think it's job done and that 2nd spot and probably promotion is a forgone conclusion for McCall and Huns.

McCall will be lauded in the media and Hibs tagged as bottle merchant imposters. It's game over for Hibs

As we all know, Hibs are MUCH better as underdogs than faves so maybe, just maybe, we can regroup, stay below the radar and then shock the hell out of the Huns when we meet them again in the POs ? Hibs have not become a talentless bunch of no-hopers overnight. We've not lost any players through injury or suspension. The Huns have the same dross they've had all season. This is confidence issue.

Plenty time for Stubbs to stabilise the ship and go again ! Have faith, this ain't over yet - just don't try tell the media or Huns that
    Last edited by Onion; 28-03-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I really get the impression that there are some on here that can't wait for something to go wrong so that they can start bumping their gums.

The whole club is currently a work in progress. There have been improvements all over the place, most importantly on the football side. Alan Stubbs, his assistants and the squad have been doing the biz consistently for months now. Yes there will be the odd disappointing game or result, but only a total idiot will fail to see (or choose to ignore) that things are going in the right direction.

Bed wetters GTF!

The moment I started to believe it could happen, we lose two on the bounce.

Finishing second really is vital

If we don't finish second we won't go up, imo. Whoever finishes second between us and Rangers will go up and we have handed them a massive opportunity today.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    If we don't finish second we won't go up, imo. Whoever finishes second between us and Rangers will go up and we have handed them a massive opportunity today.
    IMO that's bollocks

We can still go up but we need to get the fingers out sharpish.

The last 2 weeks have been real sucker punches and at the business end of the season it's nowehere near good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    IMO that's bollocks

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This isn't the 1st bad loss after dominating a game this season, we've also dropped plenty due to draws, Cummins is a natural scorer, Malonga is not, simple as that and you CANNOT play Malonga as the main man up top on his own, he's not strong enough and negates his ability to bring others into the game.
    Did you see the game? Malonga was excellent in the first half in particular and worked very hard. Cummings coming on made no odds.

I like Cummings too but I think to say Malongs isn't a natural scorer with his record so far is absurd.

Cummings has also been injured so that would be a factor in him not starting.

2nd really is imperative imo. I trust us a lot more to up our game and beat Rangers and 11th in SPL than I do to win against a Falkirk or QotS.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    The only possible good thing that might come from today (and last week) is that the media, Huns and everyone else will now start to think it's job done and that 2nd spot and probably promotion is a forgone conclusion for McCall and Huns.

McCall will be lauded in the media and Hibs tagged as bottle merchant imposters. It's game over for Hibs

As we all know, Hibs are MUCH better as underdogs than faves so maybe, just maybe, we can regroup, stay below the radar and then shock the hell out of the Huns when we meet them again in the POs ? Hibs have not become a talentless bunch of no-hopers overnight. We've not lost any players through injury or suspension. The Huns have the same dross they've had all season. This is confidence issue.

Plenty time for Stubbs to stabilise the ship and go again ! Have faith, this ain't over yet - just don't try tell the media or Huns that
    I think it's a mistake to disregard Falkirk, QOTS and even Raith. Our results against them kind of point to where we are, at the moment.

We are a big enough club to build on what's been put in place this year.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    We had to hit a wee bad spell at some point, but we need to put it right next game. A loss of confidence now would be fatal, ahead of the play offs.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    We had to hit a wee bad spell at some point, but we need to put it right next game. A loss of confidence now would be fatal, ahead of the play offs.
    I was personally hoping we'd had it.

Clearly the failure of finishing 3rd or 4th in this p!sh poor league is an insignificance compared to the opportunity of gaining additional revenue from any unwanted extra playoff game!

Lack of mental fortitude and ambition has blighted this club for decades and sadly there's little evidence of anything changing anytime soon!
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Correct! Said we wouldn't go up from day 1. Season starting to implode. The players need to get their act together and quick. Expect hearts to field a weakened team in the game in hand as they give young laddies a run out now the league is over.

Put yer hands over yer eyes and pray ......... we can still do this. All we are losing with results like this is the opportunity to avoid 2 more play off games. I'm not pretending that Hibs would be favourites to come through 3 ties. But there is no team we will come up against who we aren't capable of beating.

Foooooookiiing C'mom !!!!