hibs.net Messageboard

Thomas Cerny....

....apparently has Mumps.

Not a very pleasant illness in an adult male.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

It is not... Also appears we are having a rough old time of it wi' injuries and such... Talk aboot lucky white heather

Oxley does not fill me with confidence at all...every time he comes for a cross it fills me with dread...he had a few dodgy moments yesterday. ..would like to see Cerny given a chance. I think Oxley has got lucky this season given we dominate most matches but I worry about him in bigger games

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post

Must be going round the dressing room if that's two of them had it.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Can it not leave you sterile? Was it Stanton as well that had it?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I had it at 23 years old. Bloody horrendous. Picked up a viral infection straight after it. Was out the game for five weeks and lost two stone.

Fathered a child two years later so my fertility was intact. At least I assume he's my kid
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Left by mutual consent!
    Horrible illness. Sam Stanton had it a few weeks ago aswell. I think Cerny was back in today though.

First Team Breakthrough
    Would like to see him get a chance if he's back in the team and ready to play. Oxley has never filled me with confidence.

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Oxley does not fill me with confidence at all...every time he comes for a cross it fills me with dread...he had a few dodgy moments yesterday. ..would like to see Cerny given a chance. I think Oxley has got lucky this season given we dominate most matches but I worry about him in bigger games
    Agree 100% does my blood pressure nae good at all

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I have defended Oxley all season and do rate him, but he can look shaky at times and was far from impressive on two occasions at the weekend that could have cost us goals. However, I wouldn't change him at the moment, at such a vital part of the season.

Say for example Stubbs did drop him - changing your goalkeeper draws more attention than any other position, and that's the sort of thing the media and supporters pick up on, which means the new goalkeeper is immediately under the spotlight and intense scrutiny. If Cerny were to come in and have an absolute mare, or give away an horrendous goal - if Stubbs were then to drop him, we then have Oxley coming back in in the spotlight and under intense scrutiny, and we could end up going into the play offs with two goalkeepers lacking in confidence.

Of course Cerny could come in and do very well, but at the moment it's just too big a risk for me. Oxley is far from undroppable, but unless he actually costs us a game/result, then I think he should be safe for now.

I didn't think Oxley did anything wrong on Saturday tbh.

A few players misjudged headers from long balls so it can't exactly have been a picnic coming out for crosses swirling around in the wind through a packed box. None of these moments led to goals or chances as far as I can remember.

It was the failure of the centre halves to clear their lines that cost us the first goal and it was a clear foul for the second. You could argue that Oxley should have played to the whistle but he was no worse than half our team in stopping and the chance itself was a clear cut one on one that you would always back a striker to score (even Kenny Miller).

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    I think the bigger games have been his best games. It's keeping his concentration against Alloa and the likes when we're maybe only one goal up that concerns me. He's not the only one either.

First Team Breakthrough
    In the 4-0 rangers game Oxley was excellent, caught every corner/ball into the box but i agree he hasn't filled me with confidence coming for crosses recently.

Plays tonight for the development team. Glad he's recovered

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBru22 View Post
    In the 4-0 rangers game Oxley was excellent, caught every corner/ball into the box but i agree he hasn't filled me with confidence coming for crosses recently.
    In the 2-0 game at Ibrox he made four very good stops, especially a header second half from IIRC Faure - he is definitely not the worst we have had let me tell you. Not by a long way.

He did look nervy on Sunday however. We have to remember that he is still very inexperienced in first team terms. I think he has done okay for a first full season.