hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: £4 a hotdog

£4 a hotdog

Anyone see the stall in the East?

While I am all for improving the food and service at ER - this is just mental

Someone from the club needs to sort the catering out - been shocking service and quality for too long.

Disclaimer - this is nothing to do with how the team played or why we lost - but surely fan experience should be No1 on the list for those in charge?!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I took a picture of that stall and sent it to mates. They've the cheek to advertise it as if its a good deal!

Fwiw I actually enjoy the pies at Easter road even if they are ridiculously over priced!

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenDevil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone see the stall in the East?

While I am all for improving the food and service at ER - this is just mental

Someone from the club needs to sort the catering out - been shocking service and quality for too long.

Disclaimer - this is nothing to do with how the team played or why we lost - but surely fan experience should be No1 on the list for those in charge?!
    best careful how they do so though. Just read a leading case for contract law for uni, lindley catering v hibs from 1975.

If Leanne could get the food sorted it would be excellent. If a chippy can see a half pizza for 2 quid and a bakers do a mince pie for £1.50, Hibs should be able too

The catering set up at Hibs is under review just now. Expect changes for next season.

Poor quality food for ridiculous prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The catering set up at Hibs is under review just now. Expect changes for next season.
    Great news!

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    £4 a hot dog

Utterly scandalous.

They could do with having a word with the staff, dunno who employs them but the lassie in the FF lower yesterday at the till I was queing at refused to serve anybody else in the line whilst the lassie at the front waited for her hamburger. There's nothing more frustrating in life knowing you've picked the wrong queue to stand in

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    £4 a hot dog

Utterly scandalous.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

I can get a tin of 8 hot dogs for 49p out of Asda.

So if my maths is any good I could get about 64 hotdogs for the price of one from ER

There was a little random trolley set up in a corner in the FF Lower Concourse selling just mince pies, Ribena and Capri sun.

Saved having to stand in the big queue.

£2.20 for a mince pie is mental, folk pay it though and as long as we continue to do sol, nothing will be done about it.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post

So if my maths is any good I could get about 64 hotdogs for the price of one from ER
    I would definitely advise against eating 64 Asda hotdogs in one go. Unless you are raising money for a good cause or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    I would definitely advise against eating 64 Asda hotdogs in one go. Unless you are raising money for a good cause or something.
    Especially the 49p "mechanically recovered chicken" ones I looked at

I would also advise against buying 8 hot dogs for 49p

If the drinks ban is lifted we can look forward to a plastic pint of Carlsberg and a hot dog for less than a tenner! You know it makes sense.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I don't know how anyone eats these things. Seriously, the meat is recovered from chicken carcasses by mincing them up and squeezing them until the protein come out, it's them mixed with rusk and shaped into hotdogs. Ever wondered why they are a bit 'gritty'? That's the chicken bone you can feel. Even better quality hotdogs are full of chemically extracted meat.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    I don't know how anyone eats these things. Seriously, the meat is recovered from chicken carcasses by mincing them up and squeezing them until the protein come out, it's them mixed with rusk and shaped into hotdogs. Ever wondered why they are a bit 'gritty'? That's the chicken bone you can feel. Even better quality hotdogs are full of chemically extracted meat.
    The food on offer is unhealthy and expensive. The disappointing thing for me yesterday was that there was no soup. The last three home games the West stand has been selling half decent lentil soup, overpriced but better than anything else on offer. It was selling well enough because at two of the games there was none left at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    Next you'll be telling me that my Bernard Matthews' Golden Drummers aren't 100% turkey breast.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Next you'll be telling me that my Bernard Matthews' Golden Drummers aren't 100% turkey breast.
    😉 shhhh don't tell everyone. If a meat item says reshaped anywhere on the packet, I tend to avoid it. Drummers I am sure are 100% breast meat, but it'll be the breast meat left on the carcass once the butchers done with it nom nom

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    There was a little random trolley set up in a corner in the FF Lower Concourse selling just mince pies, Ribena and Capri sun.

Saved having to stand in the big queue.

£2.20 for a mince pie is mental, folk pay it though and as long as we continue to do sol, nothing will be done about it.
    That's exactly it - if folk are daft enough to pay it why would they stop charging it?

Supply and demand - it's not compulsory to buy anything from the food stalls.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    If the drinks ban is lifted we can look forward to a plastic pint of Carlsberg and a hot dog for less than a tenner! You know it makes sense.
    Was down south recently and got 2 pints of cider and a burger for 8 quid. Unfortunately, the time I took to consume meant I missed 2 goals but still a very reasonable deal.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post

I wouldn't feed them to my dug if I had one. 6p each and Asda have to make a profit as well as the producer. I'd hate to think what they have in them.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    That's exactly it - if folk are daft enough to pay it why would they stop charging it?

Supply and demand - it's not compulsory to buy anything from the food stalls.
    And go 2 hours without eating? Are you ****ing mad?!

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rosco_1982 View Post
    If Leanne could get the food sorted it would be excellent. If a chippy can see a half pizza for 2 quid and a bakers do a mince pie for £1.50, Hibs should be able too
    This argument is kind of like the one that goes "I can buy a bottle of Becks for £0.99 at Tesco - how come this boozer is charging £2.99 for the same thing".

If it's £1.50 for a pie at the bakers, then £2.20 isn't too bad. I was actually feeling a bit decadent when I treated myself to one yesterday, but now I just feel cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    And go 2 hours without eating? Are you ****ing mad?!

I haven't bought food in the stadium for easily 10 years.

It looks horrendous and the cost of it is a farce.

Surely they can do better and then more people would buy it? Not looking for anything fancy just something you don't feel you are getting ripped off.

They should trial a few different options or even just read the feedback theh have received and sort it out - at least when you go to Killie or Dunfermline you could get a decent pie even if the football on show was rubbish.

I actually like the idea of mini stalls to ease congestion but needs better thought.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    they should get greggs in to do the catering :) steak bakes are lovely

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    they should get greggs in to do the catering :) steak bakes are lovely

Chicken bakes are even barry'er

I've been on a hotdog boycott for ages anyway,brutal food by the way