hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strikers

First Team Regular

Strikers

Does anyone know when Farid could make an appearance would be good to get him and JC up top for the semi and p/o.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    I hope it's soon. Don't get the Malonga hype (he's not very good) and Djedje is hopeless (what striker looks to pass when he's right in on goal)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope it's soon. Don't get the Malonga hype (he's not very good) and Djedje is hopeless (what striker looks to pass when he's right in on goal)
    I dont think either are hopeless but on todays performance they don't work too well together, we missed Cummings today getting in and working hard and harassing the opposition defence and making a nuisance of himself, neither Malonga of Djedje do this is part of their game.

JJJ does nit have a striker's instinct. He proved it today.

Unfortunately Today proved these two cant play up front together as no penetration or pace.

One is like Boyle, a wide man with pace who can score a few goals here and there, Malonga likes to come deep for the ball, so that together and zero penetration, hence why we need Cummings to use his pace and directness and Farid is a natural striker who an hold the ball up.

Hate to say it but I dont rate Djedje much he is anonymous in games, dreadful last week at Cowden and thought Stubbsy would have dropped him today. I like Malonga but heard from someone at match he hasnt trained all week?? He never looked match fit today i thought

Probably going against most on here i would rather have had Danny Handling up front today.

Dje Dje cost us a result today make no bones about it, 9 yards out keeper to beat, natural angle to go across Bell. If he shoots and scores they were bust. The Huns were being carved open at that point, and heads would have gone down big time. To not even shoot was criminal, I don't even think he looked to see where Malonga was!!!
    Last edited by gaz1875; 22-03-2015 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    we missed Cummings today getting in and working hard and harassing the opposition defence and making a nuisance of himself, neither Malonga of Djedje do this is part of their game.
    This.
    A part of his game that often goes unnoticed and unrewarded (for him) but creates space for others and confuses defenders. Our midfielders certainly missed his movement today :-(

Couldn't believe he tried to pass. Better option is shoot and if the keeper saves maybe Malonga can lbe around. Dom Malonga runs like his knees are tied together.
    I'm confused about that partnership today. (No criticism of Stubbsy tho' ) .

Malonga has done enough to suggest he's a player. He scores goals and that's a precious commodity.

I've commented on Djedje before and have just posted a lengthy piece on the PM board about him. He's got a lot of work to do to convince me he's a player. He looks a bit lost whenever he plays.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Djedje bottled it. Not shooting was unforgivable.
    You are a ****ing striker!
    I'd pick Handling, Boyle or some youth player ahead of him up front from now on.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Have to agree mate. Can't wait to see Alagui and Cummings upfront again.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Malonga has done enough to suggest he's a player. He scores goals and that's a precious commodity.

I've commented on Djedje before and have just posted a lengthy piece on the PM board about him. He's got a lot of work to do to convince me he's a player. He looks a bit lost whenever he plays.

Unfortunately for me, Dje Dje just doesn't cut it... My opinion only, and happy to be shot down, but I believe we could get somebody a bit better.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Djedje was brought in to bolster the squad. No danger he'll be with us come the summer. What striker looks to pass 10 yards out with only the keeper to beat?

Wouldn't be near the starting XI if Farid and Cummings were fit.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by WillowbraeHibby View Post
    Unfortunately for me, Dje Dje just doesn't cut it... My opinion only, and happy to be shot down, but I believe we could get somebody a bit better.
    I don't think there will be many shooting you down.

He's offered little thus far.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

He's had enough time to bed and settle here and if that's the best we're gonna see from him, well he'll be gone in the summer cause it aint good enough.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I don't rate Malonga or DD so you can my whoops of delight reading the team sheet today.

I said on another thread that the biggest danger to Hibs today was if they didn't take the chances they create.

Although Hibs didn't create a lot of chances today - how many saves did The Rangers keeper have to make in the game? - for Dje Dje not to have taken a shot when clean through on goal was extremely poor.

I think if he had scored Hibs might even have gone on to win the game. I know it's all ifs and buts, but even a draw today would have been acceptable given the disjointed performance of the team.

Sadly I think Dje Dje is the one disappointing signing we've made of late. I'm not sure what his attributes are, not a lot of pace, doesn't seem to go past players, doesn't hold the ball up and isn't on recent evidence a goal sniffer. I've been quite surprised by some of the criticism or rather lack of praise Cummings gets, the lad knows where the goal is and is a handful. We had nobody making runs beyond today and the one time we did, Dje Dje only knows what he was trying to do, rather than shoot.

To the OPs original point, Farid would have been useful today - we missed having someone with the strength to hold it up and won virtually nothing in the air in their box. I hope he;s not too far away from being able to make a contribution to the business end of the season.

@hibs.net private member
    As pair they don't work as their work rate is not great. Malonga has shown he can score but Dje Dje is just good enough

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I don't rate Malonga or DD so you can my whoops of delight reading the team sheet today.
    Malonga is a decent enough player and merits a place in the squad. Agree about DD though, he is awful.

Shocking decision making by Dje dje today but I think it's a bit early to write the guy off. He does have quality IMO.

Far from the only player to fall short of expectations today

What was Djeje thinking at that chance?! Too busy looking for Malonga. He should have leathered that! Inexcusable for a striker.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Wonder if Malonga isn't 100% fit, but played anyway due to a lack of options?

We'll never see Handling up front again IMO, and Boyle can't conjure goals out of nothing.

I could well be completely wrong but I got the impression that if Cummings was fit, Dom might not have started.
    Last edited by Bayern Bru; 22-03-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMonkey7 View Post
    What was Djeje thinking at that chance?! Too busy looking for Malonga. He should have leathered that! Inexcusable for a striker.
    Haven't seen it back but from my angle today Im not sure Id say he was clean in for a shot. I was looking for him to square it too. He just didn't do it well.

was amazed he did that, was in line with him when he ran in to the box, crazy, would have changed the game

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Haven't seen it back but from my angle today Im not sure Id say he was clean in for a shot. I was looking for him to square it too. He just didn't do it well.
    Only seen it in live time so maybe your right. Either way still should have done a hell of a lot better. Jurys still very much out on him for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMonkey7 View Post
    This!! 100%

Taking a shot was the easier option, then who knows what could have happened. At best - he scores and changes the game. At worst - keeper saves but at least has had a shot on target.

His decision to try and pass through 2 The Rangers players to attempt to put Malonga in - just didn't see that as an option from where I was sitting.