hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kris Commons hopes The Rangers earn promotion via the play-offs this season

Commons is quoted in the paper today as "believing that the global profile and fascination in Scottish football has been devalued by the two sides - Celtic & The Rangers - not meeting regularly in league competition."

"It makes people around the world get out of bed in the middle of the night in Australia. My mates down south don't know much about Scottish football but they want to see that game" spouts Kris.

I see that Celtic supporters are already commenting that if Celtic never play them again it will be too soon.

Kris - engage your brain before talking a load of p***. Try telling this to A&E staff at local hospitals how much this game is needed, or police officers having to deal with what goes on before and after these fixtures.

Surely it's beyond question that the two best teams deserve to be promoted from the Championship, i.e. Hibs & Hearts (hate to say it) both in terms of their on field performances and the dignified manner Hibs have gone about their business off the field too. Compare that to the circus at Ibrox.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Celtic and Rangers Up a Tree,
    K. I. S. S. I. N. G.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtic and Rangers Up a Tree,
    K. I. S. S. I. N. G.

Jeezo. Can you just picture the baby-in-a-golden-carriage?

Coaching Staff
    I really really hope they don't.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Lots, lots more of this to follow.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Well the folk in Australia and his mates down south are going to be disappointed

United we stand here....

I don't believe he's that bothered. If he's getting the £'s, he'll play against anyone.

@hibs.net private member
    Celtic and The Rangers Up a Tree,
    K. I. S. S. I. N. G.
    Fixed that for you.

I get the impression from the few Celtic fans I know that they take much delight in Rangers being a championship team, and would take even more delight if they stayed that way for another few years or so.

He is entitled to his opinion, just as I'm entitled to hope that Dundee Hibs beat Glasgow Hibs tonight.

Oh aye, cheers for scoring the first goal on Sunday Kris, paid for my day out in the boozer!

When celtic were playing rangers on a regular basis yer mates down south still didn't know anything about Scottish football ya muppet. People tuned into the OF derby the way folk tune into formula 1 hoping to see a crash.

The two of them should form their own league if they love each other so much and leave the rest of us in bloody peace.

I don't believe any British footballer would respond to a question with the words "global profile and fascination". The journo has made that up. And I'd like to see an accurate transcript of their Q&A to see if the article holds any similarity to the truth. I very much doubt it does.

Blog Entries
    I started a thread here yesterday about 'footballing people' rooting for Sevco returning to the big league next season. Commons contribution just reflects this shocking about turn in the view of full recovery for Sevco. What happened to all the talk of justice and football integrity before financial considerations? Two faced barstewards the lot of them. Commons, like the other Sevco apologists, can't see past his nose or pocket and has no time or consideration for teams like us who are impudent obstacles in the way of Old Firm natural order. I would love D Utd. to do the business against the soap dodgers tonight. Not only because it would help our Cup chances but mainly because of my hatred for everything the Old Firm stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinAyr View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    My bad, cheers.

My mistake, cheers.
    Thats fixed too.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Thats edited too.
    Fixed yours, as well.

He never even mentioned us at all, just shows you how out of touch players like him are.

It's headlines like this that puts pressure on refs to give them (even more) favours, we need a strong man on Sunday as I have a hunch they will be up to their old tricks and getting away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    He never even mentioned us at all, just shows you how out of touch players like him are.

I know it irks some but I don't mind that under the radar thing, sometmies give you an edge.

Why do people care? Commons is a footballer, those games no matter what we think of either club are huge, they would sell out if they kicked off at 4am on a Wednesday morning, they get the whole razzmatazz off SKY for it and for the week leading upto it they'll be treated like top Premiership clubs from media all over the place, its one of the most recognisable fixtures in World Football, I wouldn't say people in Argentina will tune in for it but they'll know about it much in the same way I'm sure not many Brits will tune into Boca/River Plate but we all know its a huge fixture, its no surprise a Player wants to play in those kind of matches, I'm sure if we mnaged to stay up last year one of our current players would be saying the same thing right now about Hearts.

Celtic vs Rangers will be a far bigger deal to a Celtic Player than Celtic vs Hibs, Celtic vs Falkirk, Celtic vs Queens or Celtic vs Motherwell/St Mirren/Ross County

Nothing to get upset about, Hibs are going to pit Kris' hopes on hold anyway

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    How many folk got out their beds across the world to see the cup game last month, that crap game where The Rangers didn't even have a shot on goal? If you had to watch that 4 times a season it'd put you off Scottish football for good.

@hibs.net private member
    Celtc and The Rangers Up a Tree,
    Performing the act of Bug-ger-y
    Fixed it for both of you!

Fixed yours, as well.
    My bad does my bosoms in, it doesn't even make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    When celtic were playing rangers on a regular basis yer mates down south still didn't know anything about Scottish football ya muppet. People tuned into the OF derby the way folk tune into formula 1 hoping to see a crash.

The two of them should form their own league if they love each other so much and leave the rest of us in bloody peace.
    I like this post. Lots!

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Kris Commons does not want Hibs to get promoted as he sees a team that will put an end to Celtics period of dominance.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    It's about sporting integrity above all else . If Der Rangers earn promotion then - yay! - the Bigotry Derby is back as a regular fixture. If they don't then they will have to try again next year.

Mind you, you hear the same sort of thing down in England, such as 'Leeds are a big club, they *should* be back in the top Division'. The difference is that the English League authorities did not try and help them escape relegation.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    Kris Commons does not want Hibs to get promoted as he sees a team that will put an end to Celtics period of dominance.
    And hope KC trips over his fat belly and is out for the season

Nothing factually incorrect in what he's saying, the game Scotland is less appealing to global audiences without the OF matches. As some have said, the problem is the authorities also think this and will be shameless in their attempts to solve the problem, starting Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    My bad does my bosoms in, it doesn't even make any sense.
    "Chillax, dude"

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Nothing factually incorrect in what he's saying, the game Scotland is less appealing to global audiences without the OF matches. As some have said, the problem is the authorities also think this and will be shameless in their attempts to solve the problem, starting Sunday.
    Surely the Scottish game is no more or less appealing, it's only this one match those people are interested in.

To me, there are more negatives than positives in showing this bigotted hate-fest to the world as a symbol of Scottish Football.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar