hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Anyone see the post on Facebook from the occupiers of the Ferry Boat, blaming the increase of COVID in the Drylaw area on folk having illegal parties/pubs in back gardens and that they will report people to the police if they get information, not the best post.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone see the post on Facebook from the occupiers of the Ferry Boat, blaming the increase of COVID in the Drylaw area on folk having illegal parties/pubs in back gardens and that they will report people to the police if they get information, not the best post.
    Has Lee Wallace taken on the license then?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

It went off in The Goodies last night between Oxgangs young team and some English squaddies.

Short video of the battle in the pub doing the rounds, and also a picture of the young team with their trophy in the aftermath - a England flag that is possibly attached to a club given the dates on it

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    It went off in The Goodies last night between Oxgangs young team and some English squaddies.

Short video of the battle in the pub doing the rounds, and also a picture of the young team with their trophy in the aftermath - a England flag that is possibly attached to a club given the dates on it
    I was at my parents watching the game, they are relatively nearby. Saw 4 Police vans tearing up the road when I was waiting on the bus home. Passed a few minutes later and there was a bit of scrapping in the streets and one guy looked like he had taken a sore one, a lot of blood from his head.

I used to drink in the Goodies fairly often when I was younger and it was OK 90% of the time. A bit too Hearts orientated but there was a healthy number of Hibs fans as well. It did kick off from time to time between the locals and squaddies though. I remember one time a well known and particularly mouthy twat started giving it tight to a visiting Gurkha. He didn't win....
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I was at my parents watching the game, they are relatively nearby. Saw 4 Police vans tearing up the road when I was waiting on the bus home. Passed a few minutes later and there was a bit of scrapping in the streets and one guy looked like he had taken a sore one, a lot of blood from his head.

I used to drink in the Goodies fairly often when I was younger and it was OK 90% of the time. A bit too Hearts orientated but there was a healthy number of Hibs fans as well. It did kick off from time to time between the locals and squaddies though. I remember one time a well known and particularly mouthy twat started giving it tight to a visiting Gurkha. He didn't win....
    You don't mess with these guys. Other squaddies certainly don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

From what I could see on video it looks as though the squaddies thought they were invading a country rather than going to the boozer too watch the match. England tops and flags, that is never going to be acceptable to the locals in that pub.

The place has just been done up inside as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    You don't mess with these guys. Other squaddies certainly don't.
    My dad was a Para and served in a particularly nasty theatre. The people there didn't unduly scare him, but the Gurkhas terrified him.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    My dad was a Para and served in a particularly nasty theatre. The people there didn't unduly scare him, but the Gurkhas terrified him.
    My experience of the Gurkhas is one of respect for well disciplined, nice friendly guys with psychopathic tendencies. They're highly intelligent, they have to be because they're the few selected from thousands of contenders. They're very good at following instructions literally but have difficulty thinking outside the box. Loyal to the death but **** at team sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    My experience of the Gurkhas is one of respect for well disciplined, nice friendly guys with psychopathic tendencies. They're highly intelligent, they have to be because they're the few selected from thousands of contenders. They're very good at following instructions literally but have difficulty thinking outside the box. Loyal to the death but **** at team sports.
    Absolutely. My dad's problem was that the Gurkhas were such good soldiers that they kicked the Paras' butts when they exercised. He said he would never want to fight them for real.