hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Few observations from last night..players, half time enterainment, crowd.

1 - We were always in control of that game - though defending corners and throw ins we seem to struggle. Some excellent possession at times - just need to work on finishing from wide areas.

2 - Fontaine and Stevenson - such improved players - what a cross for the winner.

3 - Craig - he's a useful squad player and adds experience to the team plus he is a threat from freekicks and his pass for the goal was exceptional.

4 - Allen, McGeouch and Malonga - these players bring a different dimension to the team - dribbling, creativitiy and unpredictable play - hopefully all 3 are still here next season.

5 - Squad rotation - it was good to see a few changes last night - it's important we keep the team fresh - but we have to be wary we don't chop and change too much.

6 - Half time entertainment - Hibs have made such improvements on this front - more interesting with a variety of things happening. Much more of a community feel

7 - Team Shape - I liked how we started with a different shape - again we have coaches and a manager who thinks outside the box - compared to the nonsense the last few years and playing 4-5-1 at home!

8 - Hibs crowd - didn't seem as low from the East Stand - though maybe fans saving for bigger games coming up - semi final - play offs etc - where I bet we will take large support. Well done to those with the drum trying to get things going as always.

9 - Livi crowd - I counted about 80 of them - really poor from a club really not far from Edinburgh.

10 - Hibs overall - we are going in the right direction - 100% - fans will return if we could winning and playing attractive football. ER is a completely different experience this season and doing the basics is really starting to bring everyone back together.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDevil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

9 - Livi crowd - I counted about 80 of them - really poor from a club really not far from Edinburgh.

Very poor turnout. Especially as hertz didn't have a game last night.

1 - We were always in control of that game - though defending corners and throw ins we seem to struggle. Some excellent possession at times - just need to work on finishing from wide areas.

2 - Fontaine and Stevenson - such improved players - what a cross for the winner.

3 - Craig - he's a useful squad player and adds experience to the team plus he is a threat from freekicks and his pass for the goal was exceptional.

4 - Allen, McGeouch and Malonga - these players bring a different dimension to the team - dribbling, creativitiy and unpredictable play - hopefully all 3 are still here next season.

5 - Squad rotation - it was good to see a few changes last night - it's important we keep the team fresh - but we have to be wary we don't chop and change too much.

6 - Half time entertainment - Hibs have made such improvements on this front - more interesting with a variety of things happening. Much more of a community feel

7 - Team Shape - I liked how we started with a different shape - again we have coaches and a manager who thinks outside the box - compared to the nonsense the last few years and playing 4-5-1 at home!

8 - Hibs crowd - didn't seem as low from the East Stand - though maybe fans saving for bigger games coming up - semi final - play offs etc - where I bet we will take large support. Well done to those with the drum trying to get things going as always.

10 - Hibs overall - we are going in the right direction - 100% - fans will return if we could winning and playing attractive football. ER is a completely different experience this season and doing the basics is really starting to bring everyone back together.
    Thought Stevenson didn't have his best game last night but what a ball into the box that was. also i counted 84.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Very poor turnout. Especially as hertz didn't have a game last night.

My dad said to me how he thought it was an awful turnout, and I replied "but they have had to travel a long way"

@hibs.net private member
    Poor turnout from the Hibs fans as well

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Not sure the turnout was that poor tbh. I suspect because it midweek less free tickets were offered or taken up -school night and all that. With a very small away crowd you are looking at the core Hibs support. Couple of guys usually next to me missing but most of the same seats used as most home games. From now to the season end we should see a growing picture.

Sent from my brain

My Girl friend came back from the toilets at half time having never heard of walking football....
    And said
    "Oh my god.. what is happening over there?? Its like the Zombie apocalypse "

I have to agree with her on the entertainment front,
    (But well done to all who took part)

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    I had the usual crowd around me in the East, maybe 1 or 2 missing. I thought that livi would have had a few more, pretty poor turnout for an away cried that's not that far to travel

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ****gy View Post
    My Girl friend came back from the toilets at half time having never heard of walking football....
    And said

Well done to the guys - but it reminded me of a certain episode of Father Ted.

I really wonder why we need any half time entertainment anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. Rolls View Post
    Well done to the guys - but it reminded me of a certain episode of Father Ted.

I really wonder why we need any half time entertainment anyway.
    I thought it was brilliant

First Team Breakthrough
    Livingston, Sadly like many other towns in Scotland has the bigotfest exodus to contend with. Sad fact but many teams would get higher gates if it were not for the twins .

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Not sure the turnout was that poor tbh. I suspect because it midweek less free tickets were offered or taken up -school night and all that. With a very small away crowd you are looking at the core Hibs support. Couple of guys usually next to me missing but most of the same seats used as most home games. From now to the season end we should see a growing picture.

Sent from my brain
    Crowd wasn't too bad considering away support was basically zero.

Various factors that probably put folk off; Midweek, freezing cold, £22 admission, Champions League games on the telly.

Think we've established we have a 7-8k hardcore that turn out every home game.

The rest will drift back for bigger games and no doubt come out the woodwork for the semi and hopefully Final.

My Dad and Sister, both ST holders, didn't go last night. They thought the draw of playing Livingston wasn't enough to counter an evening kick-off, and it being a bit chilly (that was my Dad's excuse, but he is 74)

I realise that's not the actions of Über Fans but they don't claim to be, just ordinary supporters.

I expect a few people felt the same way.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Wasn't there last night but enjoyed seeing the bairns mini game on Saturday. Definitely adds to the community atmosphere. Some very good play on show I'd add.

Does anyone know if these kids are connected to Hibs as players?

I have to say that I'm not much of a fan of the concept of "half-time entertainment". I'm there to watch a football match and ht is for having a p!sh, going for a pie, catching up with mates you otherwise don't see etc. Most entertainment at this time is guff so I have fairly low expectations.

In all honesty though, I have to say that I really quite like what is on offer at the moment. The "walking football" was hilarious and a good variations on watching the talented wee kids running around.

I love the celebrations when the wee ones beat the goalie too. Imagine how it must feel for them, so really chuffed that these activities take place.

I think I get my pre-conceived ideas about ht entertainment being poor from that laughable "get the ball in the boot of the car from 2 miles" competition we had a couple of years back.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    I thought wee lewis (the wee mascot) was the star of the half time show,his celebrations after scoring the run ups was amazing.The wee lad is most definately a Hibs supporter and quite possibly a future player,such enthusaism,brilliant.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

Can you expand on 3? What's happening regarding the Half Time Entertainment these days?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Poor turnout from the Hibs fans as well
    I know 3 who were working or would have been there. I was 25 mins late. Got to remember this game was rearranged due to the cup so may not have been planned for in advance

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    I know 3 who were working or would have been there. I was 25 mins late. Got to remember this game was rearranged due to the cup so may not have been planned for in advance
    Totally agree. I was working yesterday too so couldn't attend.

Re half time entertainment, I think it's a good thing for kids/old guys to be on the pitch etc, but I find the endless 'shout-outs' and chat about whats on twitter etc. over the tannoy a real pain in the back-side.

Cant understand why football has gone down this route of music after goals and when the team come out and somebody on a microphone screaming at you to 'please stand, krank up the noise for the green and white (really?!) Hibernian FC'. The guy at ER also feels a need to tell you where both teams are in the league etc. Totally unneccessary- leave all that patter for basketball etc.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    Wasn't there last night but enjoyed seeing the bairns mini game on Saturday. Definitely adds to the community atmosphere. Some very good play on show I'd add.

Does anyone know if these kids are connected to Hibs as players?
    I really don't know but I'm sure the stadium announcer said to applaud the Hibs stars of the future.

I hope so cuse the wee kids were tremendous.

@hibs.net private member
    Should kill the atmosphere with 10 to go, would encourage atmosphere from the stands. Can't get anything going prematch when the tannoy is blaring.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Should kill the atmosphere with 10 to go, would encourage atmosphere from the stands. Can't get anything going prematch when the tannoy is blaring.
    FILLED ROLLS AGREES!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I really can`t be doing with the blaring music right up to kick off. As you say, let the fans create the noise as the teams come out. It all looks pretty lame when after an ear splitting racket from the PA the game kicks off to total silence when the music is cut as the referee blows the whistle to get the game started.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ****gy View Post
    And said

I played in the walking football game. It was my first time I'd heard of it never mind playing it. Had trouble not running for the ball as that would have meant giving away a free kick . Apparently it's becoming a really popular way of exercising.
    Last edited by Sweep; 12-03-2015 at 06:35 PM.

100/00 agree

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I really can`t be doing with the blaring music right up to kick off. As you say, let the fans create the noise as the teams come out. It all looks pretty lame when after an ear splitting racket from the PA the game kicks off to total silence when the music is cut as the referee blows the whistle to get the game started.
    Do you really think that fans will be up for generating atmosphere and pumping the team up when we're playing at home to the likes of Livingstone, Dumbarton etc? No chance.

By cutting the music out it would be like it's been a million times before at home 10 minutes before a game excluding Hearts-Rangers-Celtic, dull and boring. That's just the way of it unfortunately.

Keep that tanoy blasting I say, much prefer it that way!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I would like to see a game of this next home game at half time. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ChK_kp-P9I0
    Last edited by greenlex; 13-03-2015 at 02:55 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Thought Stevenson didn't have his best game last night but what a ball into the box that was. also i counted 84.
    I thought he struggled a bit to beat his man and get decent crosses over but as usual was always available and then put in that peach of a cross to win the game. How could anyone not like the guy! :)