hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure that they weren't that disorganised under their previous managers. ..They were just pish.

I think too much is made of tactics sometimes. They lack Fitness, confidence and self belief and I'm not sure if even sir Alex could improve them much in the short space of time they have. McCall left motherwell demotivated and disorganised do what does that tell us?

They might get a wee lift but I doubt it will be enough to seriously trouble us. I'd be more worried if McCall put his boots on and started in midfield.

We just do our job and we'll be fine. Hearts will also put them in their place.
    They made a half-decent start to the season though and their squad is much the same (they've lost a decent youngster but added the Geordie loanees). They were right up there until they lost that big game at Tynecastle in November.

So there's a team in there somewhere, even if it is hard to imagine given how poor they've been for the past 2-3 months.

I agree that it is probably beyond them but we can't afford to be too relaxed about it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

I agree that it is probably beyond them but we can't afford to be too relaxed about it.

No more slip ups on our part like silly draws from now on. If anything, we can use this as a motivational tool.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

No more slip ups on our part like silly draws from now on. If anything, we can use this as a motivational tool.
    Totally.
    As has been pointed out. When was the last time a Hibs team needed to deal with pressure from below?

We are always chasing. Not running away.
    It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

The thing is, they truly are rubbish.
    They've been poor all season, I think teams feared them a little at the start and then realised that they were utterly guff.

To be honest I am pretty down that we are not going back to ibrox.

A three nil infront of fifty k would be delightful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The The Rangers are a bigger danger now than they were 48 hours ago. McCall might not be Alex Ferguson, but he is an experienced manager who can organise a team. I don't care if he inherited the team at Motherwell, in 4 years they finished second twice which considering the resources they have compared to most of the other cubs, including us, is pretty good going.

He has played and coached at international level and managed more than one club, unlike the two previous managers he will be able to control the Billy big baws attitude of some in the dressing room.

Having said that, he has a problem which is the same one we have handled pretty well up to now. In half the games it comes down to finding a way to batter down a packed defence, which is fine. But in games against the top 4 you have to be able to defend as well ... so far the Zombies have had a problem stopping the 4 around them scoring, with the exception of Falkirk. Hibs have scored 9 in three games, The Yams 4 in two and QotS 5 in three. If he is going to sort that defence he needs to be more conservative in midfield, but with no pace up front playing on the counter attack has to be a problem.

I think McCall's idea will be to firstly sort their fitness and attitude and get them better organised. Whatever happens they are going to be a much tougher prospect. He has the players on paper to build a decent team .... is time on his side though? Lets hope not.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar

I'm not about to be fearful of a team that regularly has Ian Black and Bilel Mohsni in it.

I'll be gutted if we finish behind Sevco this season and they go up instead of us.

@hibs.net private member Berwickhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    The The Rangers are a bigger danger now than they were 48 hours ago. McCall might not be Alex Ferguson, but he is an experienced manager who can organise a team. I don't care if he inherited the team at Motherwell, in 4 years they finished second twice which considering the resources they have compared to most of the other cubs, including us, is pretty good going.

He has played and coached at international level and managed more than one club, unlike the two previous managers he will be able to control the Billy big baws attitude of some in the dressing room.

Having said that, he has a problem which is the same one we have handled pretty well up to now. In half the games it comes down to finding a way to batter down a packed defence, which is fine. But in games against the top 4 you have to be able to defend as well ... so far the Zombies have had a problem stopping the 4 around them scoring, with the exception of Falkirk. Hibs have scored 9 in three games, The Yams 4 in two and QotS 5 in three. If he is going to sort that defence he needs to be more conservative in midfield, but with no pace up front playing on the counter attack has to be a problem.

I think McCall's idea will be to firstly sort their fitness and attitude and get them better organised. Whatever happens they are going to be a much tougher prospect. He has the players on paper to build a decent team .... is time on his side though? Lets hope not.
    My thoughts exactly...... Like it or not McCall is a very good manager, I was hoping he was Easter Road bound prior to Alan Stubbs appointment. Sadly I think the Zombies will improve under McCall.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We shouldn't be worried about whether they will overtake us or beat us next week . No matter what happens now it is unlikely we will dip badly enough to finish 5th and miss the play offs but with McDowell in charge there was a danger The Rangers would.

If McCall gets them playing with confidence and belief again though by the end of the season then it would be a difficult proposition going to a packed Ibrox and getting a result in the playoff. Depends what these Rangers players are made of I suppose.

Would love to see Livi get a result today like they nearly got against us.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Even if the The Rangers parachuted in world class players, finishing second is about what we do. Where other teams may or may not slip up, is out of our control.