hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    **** him, **** the huns and **** everyone ever involved with them.disgusting club with disgusting people involved at every level from owners to fans.
    Morinho and wenger couldnt make that shower into a good team. Bring them on for three more pumpings this season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    **** him, **** the huns and **** everyone ever involved with them.disgusting club with disgusting people involved at every level from owners to fans.
    Morinho and wenger couldnt make that shower into a good team. Bring them on for three more pumpings this season.
    Pretty much sums up my feelings exactly.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    This

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Yep, can't disagree with any of that

Yep, that's how I feel as well. Although McCall did well at Motherwell I always thought he'd somehow end up back at Sevco. From now on, whatever he says, whether he's Sevco manager or not, I couldn't care less about anything he has to say about football, he's quite happily joined one of the most disliked teams in Europe, and I bet he's proud of it too.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Hawl, ginger mullet, we're still going to finish second.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

It'll take a lot longer than 1 season to overhaul that squad.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    One from Mr McCall's past.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/video...012-video.html

True Ranger dignity on show !

Blog Entries
    I had a bet on this for SM to be "the next permanent Rangers manager". William Hill refusing to pay out cause it would need to be a contract of 12+ months to be considered permanent...

Surely he's the new permanent manager on a short term deal ? Temporary manager would be a caretaker and he isn't thst as far as I can see.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deek01 View Post
    I had a bet on this for SM to be "the next permanent Rangers manager". William Hill refusing to pay out cause it would need to be a contract of 12+ months to be considered permanent...

Surely he's the new permanent manager on a short term deal ? Temporary manager would be a caretaker and he isn't thst as far as I can see.
    Email the the rangers and pretend to be a Hun. Say you're sick of one caretaker manager after another and when will the appoint a permanent manager. They will respond saying he is a permanent manager, give that to your bookies...... And they'll still refuse to pay out 😜

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

... think McCall's appointment might help them myself. They blow hot and cold as a team - they can't be all that bad as a glance at the table shows, and in our last game together they had a decent night, failing however to take their chances. Think it's misguided to rule out the Glasgow team being a contender at the end of the season, we'd do well to be wary of them.

McCall was a likeable and fair-minded guy during his time at 'Well, who always spoke openly and honestly about the game - a bit like McLeish was when he was at Fir Park and with us.

But, as was the case with McLeish when he went to Ibrox, that's all about to change. Already, you can see a change in tone with some of his comments.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar

(NHC) New Gers gaffer

Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    McCall was a likeable and fair-minded guy during his time at 'Well, who always spoke openly and honestly about the game - a bit like McLeish was when he was at Fir Park and with us.

But, as was the case with McLeish when he went to Ibrox, that's all about to change. Already, you can see a change in tone with some of his comments.
    He's now in the 'hun tool' category. Wgere all his comments are collected and put into the recycle bin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    As the old saying goes "you can only pee with the c*** you've got!" and currently that squad is shooting blanks and very limp!:)

@hibs.net private member
    I was perfectly happy when McDowell was manager as he didn't have a clue and the club was going backwards at a rate of knots. The players never seemed to know what to do and it would appear as though they did not believe in the manager. McColl will at least get them organised and playing to a structure. It is likely he will have them in the playoffs at least whereas I wasn't sure McDowell would even have managed that.

In getting them there he will build some momentum and give the players some pride. Watch Boyd begin to score goals now. I wouldn't laugh yet, or believe we are a shoe in for the play off final. The number of games the players are facing could be our undoing.

They have a great chance to get some momentum going with home games against Livingston and Alloa, amazing what a couple of games and belief can do before they come to Easter Road.

We just have to concentrate on ourselves and win our games. Our next 3 home games are not easy and any slip up will give them hope.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    As the old saying goes "you can only pee with the c*** you've got!" and currently that squad is shooting blanks and very limp!:)

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I was perfectly happy when McDowell was manager as he didn't have a clue and the club was going backwards at a rate of knots. The players never seemed to know what to do and it would appear as though they did not believe in the manager. McColl will at least get them organised and playing to a structure. It is likely he will have them in the playoffs at least whereas I wasn't sure McDowell would even have managed that.

In getting them there he will build some momentum and give the players some pride. Watch Boyd begin to score goals now. I wouldn't laugh yet, or believe we are a shoe in for the play off final. The number of games the players are facing could be our undoing.

They have a great chance to get some momentum going with home games against Livingston and Alloa, amazing what a couple of games and belief can do before they come to Easter Road.

We just have to concentrate on ourselves and win our games. Our next 3 home games are not easy and any slip up will give them hope.
    Agreed, much as they are the gift that keep on giving he will get them organised and Der Hun could not have picked two better games to try and gain confidence before coming to ER.

Expecting a very tough game when we play them.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Mcall did a decent job at Motherwell, but then again Butcher did a pretty decent job at Inverness. Let's wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban Hibby View Post
    Agreed, much as they are the gift that keep on giving he will get them organised and Der Hun could not have picked two better games to try and gain confidence before coming to ER.

Expecting a very tough game when we play them.

I think McCall will bring a degree of tactical nous that was lacking during the riegn of McCoist, and more so under McDowall.

I don't think he'll suddenly transform them into world beaters but they currently amount to much less than the sum of their parts and I think he'll change that.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    ... think McCall's appointment might help them myself. They blow hot and cold as a team - they can't be all that bad as a glance at the table shows, and in our last game together they had a decent night, failing however to take their chances. Think it's misguided to rule out the Glasgow team being a contender at the end of the season, we'd do well to be wary of them.
    I agree.

We only have one game left to play against them though (not including any possible play-off) and that is about as much worrying as we should do about them.

We have to win our own games, do our own job and they won't get a look-in.

I was raging at the way we approached much of the game on Wednesday. I thought our team selection and 2nd half attitude oozed complacency and we could have been punished had we not got the late goal.

We need to assume that The Rangers are going to take maximum points from their remaining games and make absolutely 100% sure that we do too.

It was fine to make allowances for points dropped, carelessness etc earlier on this season given where we were at the end of last season. But we always had to finish the season strongly and we cannot afford any slip-ups.

Finishing second is massive.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I agree.

We only have one game left to play against them though (not including any possible play-off) and that is about as much worrying as we should do about them.

I was raging at the way we approached much of the game on Wednesday. I thought our team selection and 2nd half attitude oozed complacency and we could have been punished had we not got the late goal.

We need to assume that The Rangers are going to take maximum points from their remaining games and make absolutely 100% sure that we do too.

It was fine to make allowances for points dropped, carelessness etc earlier on this season given where we were at the end of last season. But we always had to finish the season strongly and we cannot afford any slip-ups.

Spot on!

I'm hoping that scare on Wednesday gave us a wake up call, if it was needed, to ensure that we don't let any complacency creep in, no matter who we're playing.

It's going to be a big ask for any team to get through 3 2 leg ties victorious, fatigue is likely to be a factor.....and I'm kinda hoping we can conserve some energy for a cup final!....or is that being too greedy!:)

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I agree.

What odds would Ladbrokes give on that happening?

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post

I think McCall will bring a degree of tactical nous that was lacking during the riegn of McCoist, and more so under McDowall.

I don't think he'll suddenly transform them into world beaters but they currently amount to much less than the sum of their parts and I think he'll change that.
    And for his next trick he'll make Moshni a football player.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    What odds would Ladbrokes give on that happening?
    Very good ones indeed.

My point is just that The Rangers have been a shambles for the past few months. 2 weeks ago you wouldn't have had to put up much of an effort to beat them head to head, or to finish above them in the league. The infighting, their smaller (and angry) crowds, their overpaid and under performing "stars, I could go on, an absolute laughing stock.

They still have some decent players but they also now have a manager who knows what he's doing and there's a lot to be said for the lift in confidence that the recent changes there could give their whole club. I think that they are a (slightly) rejuvenated force. Ok, Bilel Moshni isn't going to be turned into a good player but we have to take them seriously.

We are in a battle now. To be honest it is a battle that I think we are well-equipped to go into. On our day we are a superb team, we have a strong squad and a very promising young manager. But all season long there have been signs of sloppiness and complacency that have crept into games at times and we cannot assume that we're going to get away with it now.

We don't want to get to the end of this season with any "if only" stories. Why did we play keep-ball when 1-0 up against lower teams, why did we switch off and lose that late goal etc. Over a season you will give away the odd lead, it happens. But I don't think we can expect to get away with much/ any more.

The bar has been set a bit higher.
    Last edited by Smartie; 13-03-2015 at 12:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I've never liked McCall and that's not about to change

United we stand here....

im bricking myself now that mccall is in charge lol jeezo

@hibs.net private member
    Don't think many folk are bricking themselves.

The point being made is that the The Rangers might be a threat now with a manager that can organise them. At 5.45 last Saturday they were not.

It is still in our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Mcall did a decent job at Motherwell, but then again Butcher did a pretty decent job at Inverness. Let's wait and see.
    McCall wasn't great at Bradford, and he inherited Craig Brown's team at Motherwell. I'm not convinced he's going to make much difference.

IMO McCall taking over has +ves and -ves for Hibs. All season we've been chasing the Huns. That's a particular type of pressure that probably suits Hibs. Now that we've caught them, there's an entirely new challenge in trying to keep ahead and we've no idea how Stubbs and the team will deal with that. McCalls appoint at least avoids Hibs sitting back complacently think job done. They know the Huns will come fighting back and should be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Don't think many folk are bricking themselves.

The point being made is that the The Rangers might be a threat now with a manager that can organise them. At 5.45 last Saturday they were not.

It is still in our hands.
    I'm not sure that they weren't that disorganised under their previous managers. ..They were just pish.

I think too much is made of tactics sometimes. They lack Fitness, confidence and self belief and I'm not sure if even sir Alex could improve them much in the short space of time they have. McCall left motherwell demotivated and disorganised do what does that tell us?

They might get a wee lift but I doubt it will be enough to seriously trouble us. I'd be more worried if McCall put his boots on and started in midfield.

We just do our job and we'll be fine. Hearts will also put them in their place.