hibs.net Messageboard

Cody Mulhall on leaving Hibs

http://young-perspective.net/mulhall...ve-hibs-wrong/

I recently spoke to Cody about Hibs decision to let him go after his long-term injury, his future plans and how the decision affected him mentally. I would really appreciate some feedback on this piece!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by InterviewLoI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://young-perspective.net/mulhall...ve-hibs-wrong/

I recently spoke to Cody about Hibs decision to let him go after his long-term injury, his future plans and how the decision affected him mentally. I would really appreciate some feedback on this piece!
    Good article, LoI. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it was like one from a MSM sports writer.

Good to hear Pat and Cody still working at the game.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    What was his injury? I can't remember the details.

Anyhow luck to him. He's young and ambitious but will have work like crazy if he's to return to Scotland.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    What was his injury? I can't remember the details.

Anyhow luck to him. He's young and ambitious but will have work like crazy if he's to return to Scotland.
    Pretty sure it was a cruciate.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Pretty sure it was a cruciate.
    Correct sir!

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I would have that more of him if he had told the truth.

Hibs were great looking after me all the time I was injured, I couldn't have asked for more from them.

However when I got the go ahead to resume training I didn't put the effort in and put on a lot of weight. Despite being encouraged by others to do so I never bothered my erchie and got released.

That would have been nearer the truth by far.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I would have that more of him if he had told the truth.

Hibs were great looking after me all the time I was injured, I couldn't have asked for more from them.

However when I got the go ahead to resume training I didn't put the effort in and put on a lot of weight. Despite being encouraged by others to do so I never bothered my erchie and got released.

That would have been nearer the truth by far.
    Correct!!

I'm pretty sure he lost a lot of the weight that he had put on while injured! He looked quite fit when I spoke to him a few weeks ago.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure he lost a lot of the weight that he had put on while injured! He looked quite fit when I spoke to him a few weeks ago.
    Hopefully being released by Hibs gives him the necessary jolt to kick start his career.

When you spoke to him did he simply blame Hibs or did he recognise he could and should have done more?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    You don't get released for nothing - either your attitude or aptitude is wrong.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Hopefully being released by Hibs gives him the necessary jolt to kick start his career.

When you spoke to him did he simply blame Hibs or did he recognise he could and should have done more?
    He didn't come across bitter at all!

He didn't come across bitter at all!
    But scoops point was at any point during the interview did he accept any personal responsibility for not following advice during his rehab period or did he show any insight into what he could of done differently to have been kept on as early reports were he was doing well and viewed as a prospect till his injury came along ?
    Bad timing for him but if there was an attitude issue he is young enough if he recognises that he could of done things differently to still change his attitude .
    Is an interviewers job to try and get someone to open up and discuss issues or probe if they are trying to put one point of view over that is not thought to be what actually happened .but good to hear he isn't bitter

He didn't really mention what he could have done better, but the impression I get is that he had never really been injured at all before and struggled to cope with it in a more professional set-up than the Irish junior leagues.

Never seen the lad play, but there does seem to be an opinion on here from people who I presume know what they are talking about that his efforts at rehab were less than 100%. If that's the case perhaps being released is what he needed. As far as I know its not Hibs reputation to cut injured players loose without giving them a fair chance.

One thing that does seem clear from our new attitude is that less than 100% will get you a one way ticket out the door. Clubs with our size of player budget simply cant afford passengers.

Anyway ..... good luck to him, still a young lad so I hope he does a Cummings and makes a go of it.