hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar

Mark Oxley - Credit where credit is due

5 clean sheets out of his last 7 games.

3 clean sheets in a row.

I criticised him early on this season for being a keeper who doesn't necessary make mistakes but doesn't save to much but the stats above deserve some recognition to him and the defense as a whole.

Well done all and let's keep this run going.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    He dealt well with the conditions today. Good punches from crosses and one particular save low down in the corner. Didn't look much but it properly spun off that shoddy AstroTurf and he pushed it away to safety.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    5 clean sheets out of his last 7 games.

3 clean sheets in a row.

I criticised him early on this season for being a keeper who doesn't necessary make mistakes but doesn't save to much but the stats above deserve some recognition to him and the defense as a whole.

Well done all and let's keep this run going.
    He's a decent keeper IMO. A young one though, who will make mistakes but that's all part of the learning curve.

It's a team effort and I have to say I am impressed of late. Resolute as well as entertaining.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Integral part of a successful team, deserves credit for that.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    A lot of folk were for hunting him a few weeks ago after a draw against someone.

Football fans fickle? Never!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    A lot of folk were for hunting him a few weeks ago after a draw against someone.

Football fans fickle? Never!
    It was the Falkirk game. To be fair, at the game he looked very suspect but when you saw the replays there wasn't much he was at fault for.

He's a good keeper, IMHO.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Amazing what a bit of competition for your place can do.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    It was the Falkirk game. To be fair, at the game he looked very suspect but when you saw the replays there wasn't much he was at fault for.

He's a good keeper, IMHO.
    Think it was the Raith game, where we lost a last minute goal against them from a corner.
    Thought his decision making was good today

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I don't agree with that, Oz.

He hasn't suddenly improved. He's been good all along.

Stubbs work in the transfer market has been exceptional.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    He's been pretty consistent throughout, perception of him has changed because of good run but he's never really let us down.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    The fact that he has had so little to do means to me that that back four plus Scott Robertson deserve the real credit for the clean sheets.

Coaching Staff
    It's made no difference. He's done well since he arrived.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I don't agree with that, Oz.

He hasn't suddenly improved. He's been good all along.

Stubbs work in the transfer market has been exceptional.
    Yup. Last sentence in particular.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I've been critical of him in the past but you can't argue with stats like that.

I'm not sure if he's improved or I was wrong but it doesn't really matter. Hopefully this form continues.

Thought his decision to punch on occasion today was the correct call in the conditions. Some bloke in front of me screamed at him "Catch the effin ball Oxley, you're a goalkeeper" proving that he disagrees with my assessment
    This is how it feels

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Thought his decision to punch on occasion today was the correct call in the conditions. Some bloke in front of me screamed at him "Catch the effin ball Oxley, you're a goalkeeper" proving that he disagrees with my assessment
    Spot on. The right call was to punch as he came through a ruck of players. With torrential rain and wind at the time an attempt to catch was a far riskier option

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    To be honest we could have had Mavis Riley in goals this season and she would have had a significant number of clean sheets.......

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    To be honest we could have had Mavis Riley in goals this season and she would have had a significant number of clean sheets.......
    They only had one shot on target according to BBC stats

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Yep, the mark of a good keeper is that he does everything with the minimum of fuss and mistakes, in fact I'd be delighted to avoid the previous highs and lows we have had and emerge with yet another clean sheet and not have the keeper as the clown of the match - or man of the match until he really has to be. Oxley is a very good keeper on current showings.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    Or Mike Riley?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Never a goalkeeper. Interesting that at the very start of the season, he was our top scorer, despite playing in a deep position. I'd give him a chance further up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Never a goalkeeper. Interesting that at the very start of the season, he was our top scorer, despite playing in a deep position. I'd give him a chance further up.
    Could he fill the big Gaz role?

Sir Matt Busby

Coaching Staff
    Good keeper but mindful of a few things......one the league we are in and more importantly, we now have a manager who recognises you need pace, creativity and a bit of guile.......Ben Williams would not have had a lot to do in this league with the same players in front of him, but was a good keeper for Hibs for two seasons.....sadly Fenlon with his signings and tactics meant Ben was busier than most keepers home and away. As every game goes by and I actually resent PF more and more from a football point of view - I think Pat had more to do with our demise that Butcher last year if honest.

I do like Cerny though.......think he could be our keeper next season regardless and I would be happy with that But Oxley has not let anyone down at all this season, fantastic effort

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    .sadly Fenlon with his signings and tactics meant Ben was busier than most keepers home and away. As every game goes by and I actually resent PF more and more from a football point of view - I think Pat had more to do with our demise that Butcher last year if honest.
    :
    That would be the Pat Fenlon who had us in fifth place when he resigned? Aye right.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    That would be the Pat Fenlon who had us in fifth place when he resigned? Aye right.
    I thought the final straw for Ben was his experiences with the goalkeeper coaching regime under butcher, or am I wrong?

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I thought the final straw for Ben was his experiences with the goalkeeper coaching regime under butcher, or am I wrong?
    Dunno - but if it was the regime under Butcher that was the final straw he wouldn't be alone.

But the idea that it was Pat Fenlon that got us relegated is utter lockslob.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    Yep.....the same Pat who was in the pub regularly with Liam, couldn't sign pace and sadly saddled us with Rowan Vine as a 'main striker' on a huge wage yep, that's tha chap

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    No, you're right.......during the warm up for the 1-2 defeat, Ben was raging (in dressing room), as was Sean (out with Grant on pitch), that fat mess was not warming them up yet........Bobo Grant was sent in to see where he was.......all the while, Hearts were doing their regime

Still, Pat signed loads of duds.....and got off scot free with the criticism......Butcher deserved it plenty, so did Pat - he was useless

Testimonial Due
    Yep.....the same Pat who was in the pub regularly with Liam, couldn't sign pace and sadly saddled us with Rowan Vine as a 'main striker' on a huge wage yep, that's tha chap
    Vine was signed as the 'main striker' - I suspect that would be news to both him and Fenlon. And you have intimate knowledge of his 'huge wage'?

And of course as soon as Vine was dropped by Butcher we became a free scoring team full of confidence and the fact that we were in fifth place under Fenlon (and two cup finals) was purely fluke.

Get a grip!

Testimonial Due
    No, you're right.......during the warm up for the 1-2 defeat, Ben was raging (in dressing room), as was Sean (out with Grant on pitch), that fat mess was not warming them up yet........Bobo Grant was sent in to see where he was.......all the while, Hearts were doing their regime

Still, Pat signed loads of duds.....and got off scot free with the criticism......Butcher deserved it plenty, so did Pat - he was useless
    I have absolutely no idea what your first paragraph is about.

Pat also signed Griffiths, Williams, Robertson, Craig, Taiwo, Claros as well as extending contracts/promoting from the U21s Stevenson/Hanlon/Forster and probably loads of others I can't remember this late at night with a few glasses of red.

I'd accept Fenlon got to the stage when he became too cautious and played safety first football - but he was not useless - he had us comfortably mid table in the SPL and noone serously thought we'd go down when he resigned (not pushed).

Butcher turned decent players into shell shocked losers. Stubbs has turned those that remained from Fenlon into better players than under Fenlon. That makes Stubbs a potentially a great manager and Fenlon not a bad one - but it makes Butcher an absolute arseing ****ing cock of the highest order.