hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Cheltenham

Cheltenham

Anyone else going? What's winning this year?

A bit sick of seein horses that 'can't get beat' plastered all over social media.. Some folk have short memories, I.e. Annie power last year!

Biggest bet for me again is Jezki for the Champion Hurdle. Has it all to do again but there's no doubting with Faugheen in the race he'll get the pace and lead he needs

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not going this year, 1st year I've missed in the last 5. York for the Dante in May this year instead.

Beltor in the Triumph for me is my only definite bet.

I've backed Silviniaco Conti almost every time he has run and even when it seems every tipster writes him off he rarely disappoints but I'm just not sure in the GC. I quite fancy Coneygree as an outisder in it even as a novice although without rain I think he'll run in the RSA.

2 stand out races for me are the Queen Mother. Sire De Grugy looked great at the weekend just past after a poor reappearance, Sprinter Sacre will have come on for a run, Dodging Bullets is a constant improver and Champagne Fever and Mr Mole can't be ruled out. And the World Hurdle; staying hurdling used to be lacking in glamour but Big Buck's changed that. Thisbyears renewal looks wide open: Saphir Du Rheu, Annie Power, Zarkandar, Rock on Ruby, Reve de Sivola, Dedigout......could be a cracker.

I'm a big fan of Silviniaco too but, I'm not convinced he properly sees out the trip at Cheltenham. Although if they take him to the front like they did at Kempton he might not see another horse until halfway between the last and the line. Nicholls is convinced he is finishing off his races stronger, which come the day of the race will probably be enough to convince me to back him.

Hoping that Annie Power runs in the Mares as I have a fairly sizable wedge on her already to win that. Championship races id plump for The New one, Sire De Grugy, Saphir De Rheu and Silviniaco Conti. Fancy L'ami serge in the supreme novice and hargam will have my money in the triumph.

I am going down for gold cup day and I am absolutely buzzing as its my first time. Lets hope it lives up to expectations

Quote Originally Posted by jackkennedy1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hoping that Annie Power runs in the Mares as I have a fairly sizable wedge on her already to win that. Championship races id plump for The New one, Sire De Grugy, Saphir De Rheu and Silviniaco Conti. Fancy L'ami serge in the supreme novice and hargam will have my money in the triumph.

I am going down for gold cup day and I am absolutely buzzing as its my first time. Lets hope it lives up to expectations
    It's almost impossible not to have a good day at Cheltenham, it's one of the best sporting atmospheres I've been in. What effect the ongoing developmemt work will have this year is another thing.

What I love is if you're willing to sacrifice half an hour drinking time you can really soak up the history of the place. All the trophies are in display, the statues of Arkle, Dawn Run, Best Mate and Golden Miller, painting featuring Desert Orchid, Denman,Istabraaq, Kauto Star, the Champions boards, framed silks......There's nowhere quite like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's almost impossible not to have a good day at Cheltenham, it's one of the best sporting atmospheres I've been in. What effect the ongoing developmemt work will have this year is another thing.

What I love is if you're willing to sacrifice half an hour drinking time you can really soak up the history of the place. All the trophies are in display, the statues of Arkle, Dawn Run, Best Mate and Golden Miller, painting featuring Desert Orchid, Denman,Istabraaq, Kauto Star, the Champions boards, framed silks......There's nowhere quite like it.
    Majority of those horses just before my time but I have seen videos of istabraaq, kauto and denman. Might just have to give up that half hour to go take a look. Cheers

Hills offering money back as a free bet on all losers (win and each way) in the Supreme Novices up to £25.

Decent offer and there will be loads more like it in the coming days.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I've set up a Telegraph Fanstasy Cheltenham league again this year. Usual rules; 3 jockeys, 3 trainers then pick a horse in every race when the festival starts.

League name is hibsnet and the pin to join is 8086746.

Link:

https://fantasyracing.telegraph.co.uk/cheltenham/?cachebuster=1425212066

I've set up a Telegraph Fanstasy Cheltenham league again this year. Usual rules; 3 jockeys, 3 trainers then pick a horse in every race when the festival starts.

Link:

https://fantasyracing.telegraph.co.uk/cheltenham/?cachebuster=1425212066
    Super, will he involved soon.

I've got that many ante post runners on it's hard to keep track of what I fancy most but having dug through the Supreme agin this afternoon (already on silver Concorde & sizing john) I'm quite sweet on Seedling after checking the form especially his last run. In the past Darlan, Noland and Tidal bay have all won that and were always decent at cheltenham

20/1 will get my money back willie hills bet

Just a wee bump if anyone wants to join the fantasy league. About 7 of us in so far. It's always good fun even if I was robbed last year by forgetting to pick horses on the Friday (the day I was at ****ing Cheltenham).

Festival starts next Tuesday, think you need to be signed up by the Monday evening.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Last call for the Fantasy League.

Also a reminder to anyone who has joined that you can start picking horses for day 1 from about 10pm this evening.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Link:

https://fantasyracing.telegraph.co.u...ter=1425212066
    Thats me joined, what happens now do i just pick a horse for every race? If so how do i enter the horses so the league can see them?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Thats me joined, what happens now do i just pick a horse for every race? If so how do i enter the horses so the league can see them?
    You can pick horses for tomorrow now. For Wednesday from tomorrow evening and so on.

No one in the league can see who you have picked until 1.30 tomorrow (to stop people copying each other) then at the end of the day the league will update everybodys points.

You can pick horses for tomorrow now. For Wednesday from tomorrow evening and so on.

No one in the league can see who you have picked until 1.30 tomorrow (to stop people copying each other) then at the end of the day the league will update everybodys points.
    Do i just use the message board, make my selections then submit them?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Do i just use the message board, make my selections then submit them?
    If you click in the 'My stable' tab it should bring up a table with all the races on it. Just click on each race and pick a horse

If you click in the 'My stable' tab it should bring up a table with all the races on it. Just click on each race and pick a horse

Just made my selections, cant wait, hopefully a few of the mullins favourites get turned over

Quote Originally Posted by jackkennedy1 View Post
    Just made my selections, cant wait, hopefully a few of the mullins favourites get turned over
    My bets are relying on it.

I really don't know tomorrow. Picked a couple of long prices for each way shots and Jezki in the Champion but it could easily be a day of favourites clearing up, equally it could just as easily see 4 or 5 outsiders have the bookies laughing.

Top 5 standings in the Fantasy League after Day 1.

1. Me! - 473.60 points
    2. The Exile - 451.60
    3. Hibernation - 434.60
    4. Port O Leith - 374.60
    5. Brunny - 364.60

Picks for tomorrow now available.

3m on Flat tracks for Silviniaco from now on please Mr Nicholls.