hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Rory Loy

Left by mutual consent!

Rory Loy

He has signed a pre contract with Dundee. I believe he is one of Falkirk's top goalscorer's this season? This could also suggest the departure of Martin Boyle from Dundee at the end of the season. I believe Dundee have a lot of attacking options now

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has signed a pre contract with Dundee. I believe he is one of Falkirk's top goalscorer's this season? This could also suggest the departure of Martin Boyle from Dundee at the end of the season. I believe Dundee have a lot of attacking options now
    With Stewart, Clarkson, Heffernan and Tankulic it would suggest Boyles time is up there. Also they may have offers for Stewart or they've taken one look at Heff and realised what most of us did after watching him play.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    It seems that Hibs initially proposed swapping Heff for Boyle - with both in the last 6 months of their contracts, would have been fairly straightforward swap.

In the summer we will have Big Dom Malonga, Farid, New Franck and Jason on our books, plus Handling and Harris. Boyle will have to impress to get a deal IMO.

I like Boyle in that his pace offers something really different. Late in a game that could be a real weapon.

He reminds me a bit of Ivan Sproule, although he has a way to go to reach his status amongst the support, in that he has pace to spare but the final ball and finishing never seems like it comes total naturally.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    It seems that Hibs initially proposed swapping Heff for Boyle - with both in the last 6 months of their contracts, would have been fairly straightforward swap.

In the summer we will have Big Dom Malonga, Farid, New Franck and Jason on our books, plus Handling and Harris. Boyle will have to impress to get a deal IMO.
    I think he has impressed already, his pace is something that we have been lacking as our forward line can sometimes seem very slow.

Boyle has a bit to do to earn a deal. Think his opportunities will be quite limited between now and the end of the season as well. Can't see him starting too often.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Will be surprised if Boyle earns a deal at Hibs with Harris already tied up and hopefully coming back with confidence rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Will be surprised if Boyle earns a deal at Hibs with Harris already tied up and hopefully coming back with confidence rebuilt.

Might find if we go up then 4-4-2 diamond won't be used as much as the league will be a tougher one, wouln't surprise me if he goes 4-2-3-1 with pace behind the striker it quickly turns into 4-3-3.

Malonga not guaranteed to be here as IIRC he only had a 1 year deal, Farid might not recover enough to be the same player.

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Might find if we go up then 4-4-2 diamond won't be used as much as the league will be a tougher one, wouln't surprise me if he goes 4-2-3-1 with pace behind the striker it quickly turns into 4-3-3.

Malonga not guaranteed to be here as IIRC he only had a 1 year deal, Farid might not recover enough to be the same player.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29084764

Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post
    Cheers for that shouldn't go with Football Manager for fact and figures, I knew Fontaine only had a 1 year deal and assumed Malonga was the same, still think he'll go elsewhere in the summer when a £500K bid comes in.
    Last edited by J-C; 24-02-2015 at 08:49 AM.

I remarked on Loy ages ago saying we should be taking a look at him. Did anyone listen?

No they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I remarked on Loy ages ago saying we should be taking a look at him. Did anyone listen?

No they didn't.
    erm, Dundee did

Coaching Staff

No they didn't.
    Good thing too.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

No they didn't.
    How do you know no one took a look at him?