hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scottish cup final as a neutral

Its not impossible that this years Scottish Cup final could be between QotS and Raith Rovers. If that happened I wonder how many folk would be prepared to attend as neutrals in order to fill up the stadium and what could the SFA do to get you along?

2. Log in to remove the advert

If that's the final we should all run naked to the final and donate life savings to charity.

I'll only ever go to see the Hibs

I would want Queen of the South to win as I'm friends with one of their fans.

I wouldn't be interested in going to the match though.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Not even sure to go with free tickets.

Would they not have loads of part time fans to fill the seats?

I don't think anything could persuade me to go all the way to Glasgow to watch a team other than Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Free tickets, I wouldnt even bother with a Raith Rover VS QOS final if they paid me to go.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Its not impossible that this years Scottish Cup final could be between QotS and Raith Rovers. If that happened I wonder how many folk would be prepared to attend as neutrals in order to fill up the stadium and what could the SFA do to get you along?
    Would never go to a game in Scotland that didn't involve Hibs.....Especially not a Cup Final
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I would want Queen of the South to win as I'm friends with one of their fans.

I wouldn't be interested in going to the match though.
    Which one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post

The combined populations of Dumfries and Kirkcaldy is about 100,000 .... I doubt they would raise 30,000 between them even if they prised folk oot their sick beds.

A wee bit disappointed with the replies so far. I kind of like to think I would support the final if I could to stop it looking bad on the telly. I bet it would be a good day out and perhaps even a good final too.

The combined populations of Dumfries and Kirkcaldy is about 100,000 .... I doubt they would raise 30,000 between them even if they prised folk oot their sick beds.

A wee bit disappointed with the replies so far. I kind of like to think I would support the final if I could to stop it looking bad on the telly. I bet it would be a good day out and perhaps even a good final too.
    I don't think it would necessarily look bad on TV.

People would realise that it was two small teams playing each other from the second tier of Scottish football. It wouldn't be a surprise for people to see a small crowd at such a game, even if it was a cup final.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    No chance I would travel through to Glasgow to watch a SC final that didn't involve Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

If it fitted with my plans I think I'd probably do it, the appeal for me would be that Id have a better than normal chance of a good day out at a Scottish Cup Final than the god knows how many I have been to in my life time. I'd probably be a Raith fan for the day. Kiss of death.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

Absolute no way I would pay and travel all the way up to Hampden Park to watch a Scottish Cup Final that doesn't involve Hibs.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I don't think i'd even watch that on the telly?

I would remain bitter and twisted yet another team were going to win the Scottish cup while we failed to make it. That scenario would almost certainly have led to us being knocked out by one of those clubs and therefore kissing goodbye to the best opportunity in recent years to win the Scottish cup.

I would not even watch it on tv.

I'd maybe go if there was an actual neutral section. Wouldn't want to pick a side.

I can't remember the last Scottish Cup final I watched that didn't involve Hibs, and I wish I could forget the ones that did involve us as well. Rangers v Dundee in 2003ish maybe?

If I won't watch it, or the FA Cup final, on TV I wouldn't attend as a neutral either.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Absolute no way I would pay and travel all the way up to Hampden Park to watch a Scottish Cup Final that doesn't involve Hibs.
    Wasn't thinking of folk going all the way from Manchester mate ... more like weegies and other central belt types.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I don't think i'd even watch that on the telly?
    When the SC final doesn't involve us its usually pretty decent Blackpool.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Id rather creosote my fence with a toothbrush .

Ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Id rather creosote my fence with a toothbrush .

Ggtth
    Why ?

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    I'd maybe go if there was an actual neutral section. Wouldn't want to pick a side.
    The terracing opposite the stand used to be a neutral area for some matches in the eighties. I too would have to watch the match from a neutral area and I certainly couldn't sit behind a goal. Hard to explain but once you sit there it becomes less about the view and more tribal. That's your "end".

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Would never go to a game in Scotland that didn't involve Hibs.....Especially not a Cup Final
    The same.

I have no interest in any other team bar Hibernian.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Why ?
    Cause i couldnt give a monkeys who won . Id be gutted enough that we weren't in the final without rubbing it in to myself by going to the game .

Ggtth

@hibs.net private member
    I went to a League Cup final in 1987 after getting free centre stand tickets from the boozer I drank in. It never involved Hibs but as Rangers were playing I couldn't be neutral so supported Aberdeen. The game was a classic with Davie Cooper lacing a free kick and the game finishing 3-3. Rangers eventually won on penalties. Even as a sort of neutral the quality of the game was enough to keep me entertained. The train back into town was interesting with every bear we met asking who we supported.

In terms of the OP I would go if I got a free ticket and would support QOTS as seeing Gordon Brown smile turns my stomach.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Seeing any club other than Hibs lift the trophy would be galling.

Free tickets, free travel from door to door, unlimited bevvy and a promise that Craig Thomson would never referee another game involving Hibs. Then I'd think about it.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    I'm meant to be at a wedding all day on Scottish cup final day. Have informed the Mrs that I will be missing it if Hibs make the final. Therefore, if QoTS end up playing Raith in the final, I'll go to the wedding and save being in the dog house for a couple of weeks.
    To be honest, I probably wouldn't go to that game if it was being played at Easter Rd and I live 30 seconds away.

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    I'm meant to be at a wedding all day on Scottish cup final day. Have informed the Mrs that I will be missing it if Hibs make the final. Therefore, if QoTS end up playing Raith in the final, I'll go to the wedding and save being in the dog house for a couple of weeks.
    To be honest, I probably wouldn't go to that game if it was being played at Easter Rd and I live 30 seconds away.
    Aye ... unfortunately some folk have the same attitude to the Hibs.

Poor Scottish fitba .. at least ah still luv ye

Myself and a few from our pub went to the Falkirk v Killie final a few years back. all neutrals. we happened to be friendly with the asst. manager of Falkirk (no names mentioned) but we all paid for our tickets. the final was at Ibrox. had a great day, none the less, although I was drinking Caffreys all day before they reduced the abv on that stuff got seriously pished and fell oot with some Partick fans in the Countinghouse, after the game: