hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

lets get more through the door...

Given the recent upturn on the pitch, there seems to be a better feel about the place. On the back of this renewed positivity I rekon we should be thinking about ways of getting more bums on seats next season.

I feel we really need to target the younger fans and I'm not convinced the current 'hibs kid' offerings are that enticing for the modern child, and think as a club we could do a bit more without too much more effort.

I think we should be giving every school throughout the lothians a season ticket for 1child plus one adult which can be given as a reward/punishment to whomever they deem most deserving. Apart from potentially meaning another 2k at every home game, each week a different child/family could be signed up as hibs kids etc and exposed to the hibs experience.

I would be keen to tap into everyone's positivity and see what we can come up with. I'm sures there's plenty of good ideas.

Id also like to know if we do anything to tap into the immigrant population? There could be potential if we marketed ourselves in the right way.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Tell LD to look at the pricing......it's that simple

Hibs charge way way too much

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Is it?

Let's see how many turn up against Berwick

I agree that is part of the problem for some folks, myself included, but we have a 20k stadium that we will never get close to filling by simply reducing prices by a couple of quid. I think we need a fresh and innovative approach that factors affordability/value for money

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Is it?

Let's see how many turn up against Berwick
    I'll bet you more than today.....and it's on telly

We need to look at food prices certainly ... I don't understand why they have to be so expensive, there surely must be a way round that without the club losing money.

To be honest I think Hibs do make an effort with ticket prices as far as cup ties go. The only real gripe I have with the league is charging £28 for cat A games .... It doesn't matter who we are playing, for this league its too much.

I think Hibs have tried to pull in fans from Edinburgh's diverse population, it just doesn't seem to be working at the moment. In fact we seem to be having a bit of a problem with our core support if another thread on this forum is anything to go by.

I do think the matchday atmosphere is something the club underestimate at their peril. Today's game was a prime example, even though Hibs played some nice stuff the place was like a morgue because the opposition were poor and didn't make a game of it. How can you enthuse the younger element in our support in that kind of atmosphere. Screw the corporate boxes .... hand the FF lower to the singers and flag wavers and let them bring in anything that makes a bloody noise as long as it doesn't burn or explode. Folk go back to watch clubs as much for the atmosphere as the football. We have some great supporters at away games .... lets give them a platform to do their thing at ER.

Gamer IDs

I'll bet you more than today.....and it's on telly
    Will that be because of the price, or because of the fact it's the quarter final of the scottish cup?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    It's been said countless times before but a variable season ticket scheme in which the prices drop in conjunction with the the amount that are bought ie The more we buy the cheaper they become, should be looked into.

Even if we only bring in a ticket revenue similar to this season the increase in revenue from other amenities (club shop, catering Inc. Alcohol possibly) should make it worthwhile. That and the obvious attendance increase which should theoretically improve the atmosphere and with it boost support on matchdays.

I don't think it's about making 1 game cheaper it's about making the whole season cheaper. The more people you bring in through the turnstiles the more opportunity you have to sell food, clothing, tickets.

These prices would even be high for a team performing well in the top flight, never mind one performing well in the second.

To be honest it's an absolute nonsense to be told that we have to pay top flight prices. We aren't a top flight team and have taken an absolute battering as a fan base for the past four years. A walk up with his kid yesterday would have had to have payed £34 to watch us play Dumbarton...not very tempting.

I'm not sure it's as simple as adjusting prices. Trying hard not to be negative but it's as if they know that the hard core 9000 will turn up regardless and they are being milked until we get back into the top flight. It's not our fault we are in this position and it's even more galling when they guy who was basically responsible for this is still in a position of power.

The only way to improve crowds is to get back into the top flight and for Petrie to leave. We could be playing like The 1982 brazil side but nobody extra will come back if they don't care or don't trust those in charge.

Edit: didn't notice the six page thread on this very topic. Might have been better over there.
    Last edited by Pete; 22-02-2015 at 02:28 AM.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    How about :

Famous five stand and south stand lower only : adult price £12 kids £3 but only if bought together.

East, famous five upper and west stands: £15 if bought before match day. £18 on day of match
    Last edited by Ringothedog; 22-02-2015 at 06:39 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    £22 for a game against Dumbarton is a joke. Hibs are paying the price for LDs wrong call on pricing at the start of the season. If yesterday was a SC game it would have been £15/10.

Gamer IDs

Thing is, would our weekly attendances be up by much if it was £15 instead of £22? I genuinely don't think it would. In which case the club would be making a loss by reducing. And that may well be the difference in us being able to have such a decent squad now.

This my my reason for not being able to go to many games. Yesterday to take my nine year old would have been 34 pounds, Queen of the south were 21 pounds, that's a huge difference

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    It's actually £12 to take a kid to a Hibs game. I've got my 2 nieces and newphews coming upto a game in a few weeks, 10 and 4, costing me £24 in tickets for them. If the adult walk up is too high, a kids price is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    How about :

Famous five stand and south stand lower only : adult price £12 kids £3 but only if bought together.

East, famous five upper and west stands: £15 if bought before match day. £18 on day of match
    I would go with this idea, ff needs to be used better

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Thing is, would our weekly attendances be up by much if it was £15 instead of £22? I genuinely don't think it would. In which case the club would be making a loss by reducing. And that may well be the difference in us being able to have such a decent squad now.
    Yes they would imo. 20 pounds for parent and child would be a lot better than 34 pounds.

At least they could have a section of the ground to try it?

It's really that simple?
    How do you suggest we attract decent players on much less income then? If our ambition is to remain a lower league team then fair enough, reduce the prices and we can stay down indefinitely.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    Yes they would imo. 20 pounds for parent and child would be a lot better than 34 pounds.

At least they could have a section of the ground to try it?
    That's a loss of £14 on every regular attending parent and child though.

So say Joe and Joe jr attend every week at £34 and Jim and Jenny jr do likewise. They usually pay £68 between them and are now paying £40. That's £28 less than usual. Hibs now need at least 1 parent and child and 1 single adult extra at the reduced prices to cover the loss they have made on that deal.

We have somewhere around 800 walk ups every week, based on an 8500 crowd less 7K STs, hospitality, freebies and away support. We would need to see an extra 2K through the gate at the reduced prices to cover the loss from reducings prices for those currently willing to pay the prices asked. Factor in then the fact you would have to lower STs considerably to reflect the reduced walk up prices and again you would have to sell considerably more STs to cover the shortfall or rely on the walk up crowd being even bigger every week.

I'm not disputing something has to be done to get more people through the gate. Our crowds are poor but slashing the prices is easy to say but harder to implement and there's little proof it would work. Football fans seem great at spending their clubs money and looking for a freebie; free buses to away games, lower ticket prices, I remember one guy phoning Sportsound and saying it was 'a disgrace' St Mirren didn't give away free tea or Bovril because it was 'really cold'.

It's also worth remembering that a kids ST in the FF is excellent value. I'm sure it's around £15 for a half ST and just over £50 for a full. If that £50 is correct that's just over £2.75 per game. Even factoring in a full paying adult at £405 that would still mean a parent and child attending for circa £25 a game yet the take up was piss poor if the FF lower attendance is anything to go by. Strange that.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    That's a loss of £14 on every regular attending parent and child though.

So say Joe and Joe jr attend every week at £34 and Jim and Jenny jr do likewise. They usually pay £68 between them and are now paying £40. That's £28 less than usual. Hibs now need at least 1 parent and child and 1 single adult extra at the reduced prices to cover the loss they have made on that deal.

We have somewhere around 800 walk ups every week, based on an 8500 crowd less 7K STs, hospitality, freebies and away support. We would need to see an extra 2K through the gate at the reduced prices to cover the loss from reducings prices for those currently willing to pay the prices asked. Factor in then the fact you would have to lower STs considerably to reflect the reduced walk up prices and again you would have to sell considerably more STs to cover the shortfall or rely on the walk up crowd being even bigger every week.

I'm not disputing something has to be done to get more people through the gate. Our crowds are poor but slashing the prices is easy to say but harder to implement and there's little proof it would work. Football fans seem great at spending their clubs money and looking for a freebie; free buses to away games, lower ticket prices, I remember one guy phoning Sportsound and saying it was 'a disgrace' St Mirren didn't give away free tea or Bovril because it was 'really cold'.

It's also worth remembering that a kids ST in the FF is excellent value. I'm sure it's around £15 for a half ST and just over £50 for a full. If that £50 is correct that's just over £2.75 per game. Even factoring in a full paying adult at £405 that would still mean a parent and child attending for circa £25 a game yet the take up was piss poor if the FF lower attendance is anything to go by. Strange that.
    It's even cheaper than that pb, only 25 quid for a full season ticket for an under 12 in the ff lower. Anyone who'd bring a wee one along more than twice a season would make an instant saving getting one. Adult was 355 for me so 380 between us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    It's even cheaper than that pb, only 25 quid for a full season ticket for an under 12 in the ff lower. Anyone who'd bring a wee one along more than twice a season would make an instant saving getting one. Adult was 355 for me so 380 between us.
    So a child can attend a game in the FF lower for £1.39?

I sttuggle to see how people aren't biting Hibs hand off for that considering they would supposedly be desperate to come back if it was between a fiver and £8. Add on your adult price and that's £21.22 for a parent and child every week. Not much more than the magic £20 getting banded about. Factor in the payment plan and an adult and child would be paying £38 a month over 10 months. That really is good value but people can't or won't see it.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    "If you build it, they will come". A quote from a Kevin Costner movie but true. AS and LD are still building, price will always be an issue for some, not for others. If we have a team playing good football and wining the majority of games the crowds will return. We're starting to show we can do that, all we need is promotion and to do the same next year, this will happen because we're doing things correctly. The people who left and haven't returned yet, will return once in the SPL. I think reducing prices is a backward step, as it reduces the money the head coach has to play with. Stick it out til promotion and SPL football next year, we will see what this team is capable of in a better league and we will see the crowds grow again. Have faith in what we have, cause it's the first time is a while we had something worth keeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    So a child can attend a game in the FF lower for £1.39?

I sttuggle to see how people aren't biting Hibs hand off for that considering they would supposedly be desperate to come back if it was between a fiver and £8.
    just over 20 quid a game for me and my boy. That's not too bad at all but to me we should follow st johnstone's lead and let under 12's in for free. Difference in revenue could be negligible as it should allow more parents to attend that can't currently afford the 34 quid walk up price to bring a child along.

Could hibs contact major employers and offer employee incentives on buying tickets or season tickets through work schemes?

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    just over 20 quid a game for me and my boy. That's not too bad at all but to me we should follow st johnstone's lead and let under 12's in for free. Difference in revenue could be negligible as it should allow more parents to attend that can't currently afford the 34 quid walk up price to bring a child along.
    I was impressed when I took my boy to St Johnstone last season. It was £15 for the two of us and I could have taken another child for no extra cost. It was also a family stand with no segregation which seemed to make for a friendly atmosphere. However Saints crowds are never particularly big, even when they've been doing well, so cheap prices aren't a magic solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    I was impressed when I took my boy to St Johnstone last season. It was £15 for the two of us and I could have taken another child for no extra cost. It was also a family stand with no segregation which seemed to make for a friendly atmosphere. However Saints crowds are never particularly big, even when they've been doing well, so cheap prices aren't a magic solution.
    That's right cheap prices aren't a magic solution. Saints have a much smaller fanbase than us though and I suspect their crowds would be even lower if they adopted hibs pricing structure. I think hibs will offer better ticketing arrangements next season, though that depends on which division we're in I suppose.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    It sort of blows any argument right out the water that we need to keep prices high to match teams like St Johnstone. I often wonder how much more we need to spend than clubs like them to ensure we finish above them?

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    It sort of blows any argument right out the water that we need to keep prices high to match teams like St Johnstone. I often wonder how much more we need to spend than clubs like them to ensure we finish above them?
    I don't know how our budget this season compares to that of the likes of St. Johnstone, but I believe our current players and manager would be consistently beating those sides.

Left by mutual consent!
    The football has been really enjoyable but opposition is, at times, week. However i was disappointed at the crowd after such a fine win at ibrox. I think we do need to look at the price structure for next season. In the meantime i think we need to lower walk up prices. 1,000 @ £34 or 2,000 + @ £20. No brainer inho.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I don't know how our budget this season compares to that of the likes of St. Johnstone, but I believe our current players and manager would be consistently beating those sides.

Hopefully we will find that out next season.