hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Ref

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Ref

Couldn't believe the two clear pens turned down. Personally couldn't believe the blatant handball turned down near the end.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Couldn't believe the two clear pens turned down. Personally couldn't believe the blatant handball turned down near the end.
    Imagine this guy officiating play off matches between Hibs and Rangers.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    He was horrific today

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    He was horrific today
    He wasn't that good.

I've never seen a ref get in the way of play as much as him, seemed like he was determined to join in.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

For his running style alone, it's a 'no' from me. Thought the ref was terrible today.

Horrific.

I'm not sure about the handball as it happebed quite quickly but I'm right behind where the 1st penalty shout was and it was a clear trip. Penalty every time and if the ref missed it then the linesman should be helping him out.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Not sure about the trip, I must have missed it. But the hand ball was as clear a penalty as you will ever see, the Dumbarton player was at least 7 yards from the cross and his arm was fully extended, in that case the ref surely cant say it was ball played man. He had a good view of it too from what I could see.

I am entirely positive that he didn't give the penalty purely because Hibs were already 3 - 0 up with only a few minutes to go. If that is the case, and I will take a lot of convincing it wasn't, then he shouldn't be refereeing professional football matches.

He did also seem determined to position himself right in the middle of the park just outside the penalty box and get in the way of as many of our attacks as possible.

Not good.

ah well, I'm sure bbc highlights will give a balanced view and sort out any confusion.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    ah well, I'm sure bbc highlights will give a balanced view and sort out any confusion.
    lol good one!

Bbc highlights struggle to show all the goals

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    lol good one!

Bbc highlights struggle to show all the goals
    If they show Dumbarton's only shot (Header) on goal, that will just sum up their reporting on Hibs

Ref had a shocker today, we had a stonewall penalty denied. Fortunately the decisions didnt matter in the end.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    The trip on Watson was a stonewaller as was the handball. He gave some strange free kicks and should have booked a couple of Dumbarton players for challenges

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    A gripe of mines is something that all referees do, and that today`s did on 2 or 3 occasions was when he is using his spray, instead of pacing out a proper 10 yards he just takes 10 standard walking steps then sprays his line there. It takes a stride that would not look out of place on Python`s Ministry of Silly walks to make a pace of 3 foot, and just stepping out 10 times is about 8 yards. Referees need to make 12 steps to reach 10 yards.
    Now we have the vanishing spray, the next piece of equipment to hook on the referees belt should be a measuring tape..

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    A gripe of mines is something that all referees do, and that today`s did on 2 or 3 occasions was when he is using his spray, instead of pacing out a proper 10 yards he just takes 10 standard walking steps then sprays his line there. It takes a stride that would not look out of place on Python`s Ministry of Silly walks to make a pace of 3 foot, and just stepping out 10 times is about 8 yards. Referees need to make 12 steps to reach 10 yards.
    Now we have the vanishing spray, the next piece of equipment to hook on the referees belt should be a measuring tape..
    One of the free kicks he did about 8 small steps which equated to about 7 yards. Maybe he was trying to keep our goal difference down as the handball was the most obvious pen you will get anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMonkey7 View Post
    Ref had a shocker today, we had a stonewall penalty denied. Fortunately the decisions didnt matter in the end.
    Goal difference may matter.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    One of the free kicks he did about 8 small steps which equated to about 7 yards. Maybe he was trying to keep our goal difference down as the handball was the most obvious pen you will get anywhere.
    Larry Grayson`s ten paces would rack up more yardage than Greg Aitken`s this afternoon.

Seemed determined not given Hibs a pen today, or to book anyone, irrespective of what's happening on the field.

The standard of refereeing I'm seeing at matches in Scotland seems to me to be getting worse. The evidence is there for all to see.

Maybe it's because with cameras all over the place referees and their assistants (lets not forget them - they are often just as bad) performance is highlighted more? In days gone by, it was easier for them, and their supervisors, to get away with murder and then just hide.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Couldnt believe my eyes when Watson was chopped down in the box and the ref waved play on !! Unfinbelievable !

Ggtth

Blog Entries
    After 20 minutes I said that the ref had no feel for the game whatsoever. He was very lucky yesterday that it was a completely one sided game & his incompetence didn't hurt us. If he's ever in charge of a keenly contested major game there could be mayhem!