hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Stan Collymore (fenian blood)

Stan Collymore is not everyone's cup of tea. In fact the guy has a horrible past and is a bit of an idiot but he has started this petition on twitter and his radio show. Its a petition to stop broadcasters and sponsors giving Rangers money until they stop singing the Billy Boys song aka "up to our knees in fenian blood".

It look like the SNPs new (anti-sectarian) law has not worked and the SPFL and SFA are hopeless so its worth signing it, if it gets it lots of media attention.

Here is the link https://www.change.org/p/all-good-pe...nd_shared=true
    Last edited by CB_NO3; 19-02-2015 at 02:24 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    He's got a real bee in his bonnet about Rangers at the moment. Thing is, hes painting Celtic fans to be saints.

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stan Collymore is not everyone's cup of tea. In fact the guy has a horrible past and is a bit of an idiot but he has started this petition on twitter and his radio show. Its a petition to stop broadcasters and sponsors giving Rangers money until they stop singing the Billy Boys song aka "up to our knees in fenian blood".

It look like the SNPs new (anti-sectarian) law has not worked and the SPFL and SFA are hopeless so its worth signing it, if it gets it lots of media attention.

Yes his past has been 'dogging' him for some years!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Yes his past has been 'dogging' him for some years!
    He's trying to forget the past, and the bigots will never let us forget it.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

He has a radio show you say..... Hmmm.....

Being controversial should never never be confused with having a talent...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

How sad it is that no one from Scotland of any repute is willing to make a similar stand/statement.

Alex Thomson led the journalistic line and now Collymore, both English.

Anyone in Scotland got baws?
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    He's got a real bee in his bonnet about Rangers at the moment. Thing is, hes painting Celtic fans to be saints.
    I don't think he is tbh. If you read the article you will see that he said, "the Celtic fans are no angels, especially the evidence I have regarding the racial abuse of Mark Walters in the 90s"

He also states he does not support Celtic or Rangers and is an Aston Villa fan, but prefers Celtic's values more. He is still a woman beater mind.
    Last edited by CB_NO3; 19-02-2015 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    He has a radio show you say..... Hmmm.....

Being controversial should never never be confused with having a talent...
    Apparently so. Never listened to it personally.

I like him. Talks a lot of sense usually.

Been a bit of a nob in the past, but I do like him on talksport.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    I don't think he is tbh. If you read the article you will see that he said, "the Celtic fans are no angels, especially the evidence I have regarding the racial abuse of Mark Walters in the 90s"

He also states he does not support Celtic or Rangers and is an Aston Villa fan, but prefers Celtic's values more. He is still a woman beater mind.
    He's still doing this?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    In amongst all the fawning you hear from pundits when it comes to Rangers it's refreshing to hear one call Rangers out on their bigotry problem. Ok, he's got a dodgy past but he openly talks about his depression etc.

I wished he wasn't so easy on Celtic but 1 outta 2 ain't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    That's exactly it and he's got the usual Sellik-minded fruitcakes and cranks jumping up and down like halfwits on this.

How I wish we could be free of both Rangers and Celtic. They and their twisted fans are an absolute blight on football in this country.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Deja Vu, we dud this one a few weeks ago. FWIW, I find it hard to accept that Stan has any real insight into the causes and perpetration of the sectarian issue. It seems like a bit of courting publicity on his part. However, I do think the Scottish media and footballing authorities lack the bawz to really expose the Hun for what they are.

Working in the Weedge recently and had the misfortune to have to walk past a well known Rangers pub. The specimens loitering outside the door were rather, ahem. primitive looking, to say the least

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Why are Hearts not included in his campaign?

Collymore will say anything frankly. He's a motormouth and a bit off his rocker I reckon.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wouldn't it be nice if a high profile Rangers fan or respected 'Rangers man' came out and said some of these things instead of leaving it to 'outsiders' who always ended up pilloried or traduced and effectively 'chased out of town'.

The casual acceptance and ignoring of all the sectarian **** is frustrating and an embarrassment to this country and the game we all love.

He goes off on some tangents (he's misguided in not seeing that Celtic are just about as guilty as Rangers in this hideous rivalry) but generally speaking he makes a lot of good points, I often agree with him and think he's good value. At least he has opinions, stimulates interesting discussion and he isn't dull.

It's tragic that it seems to take people from elsewhere i.e. England to point out that the bigotry and corruption simply accepted as part of our game really isn't acceptable in the modern world. I applaud Collymore and Thomson for speaking out. And in this day of social media etc they will still get some pretty heinous abuse for it via the likes of twitter.

Are those of us who "broadly agree with him" guilty by association in the way that we don't speak out louder? I know it appears futile but maybe we should/ could do more?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if a high profile Rangers fan or respected 'Rangers man' came out and said some of these things instead of leaving it to 'outsiders' who always ended up pilloried or traduced and effectively 'chased out of town'.

The casual acceptance and ignoring of all the sectarian **** is frustrating and an embarrassment to this country and the game we all love.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Absolutely spot on there a total embarrassment.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

So true Spike. I often wonder now if it's mainly the football that keeps it going in Scotland?

Whilst Celtic have some reprehensible aspects to their support, the history of the two clubs tells me that Rangers were much more active in their sectarianism and for that I detest them more than any other team.

Couldn't agree more.

Forget the messenger, it's the message that's important. The truth will hurt too much for some as he's actually pointing out a deep-rooted flaw in Scottish society. No one in Scotland would dare tell it like it is in this fashion.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    The more pressure on the buffoons that run our game the better

Stan Collymore is a tosser of the highest order. Got to laugh at him greeting over some tweets sent his way when he used to slap Ulrika Jonsson about like there was no tomorrow.

I hate Rangers but I find it difficult to support a man like him in any way.

I don't want to 'big-up' Terry Butcher, but he did speak up against all the sectarian stuff in his biography, said he was getting sucked into it all and knew he had to step away. The hun bigots have not really gotten over that yet, one of their own saying it i mean.

Just signed his petition.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Great effort Stan.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Stan Collymore is a tosser of the highest order. Got to laugh at him greeting over some tweets sent his way when he used to slap Ulrika Jonsson about like there was no tomorrow.

Ulrika Jonsson is a bint though

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post

No one is asking you to support anyone.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    So true Spike. I often wonder now if it's mainly the football that keeps it going in Scotland?

Whilst Celtic have some reprehensible aspects to their support, the history of the two clubs tells me that Rangers were much more active in their sectarianism and for that I detest them more than any other team.
    Agree. Naming a stand after Bill Streuth who perpetuated their sectarian signing policy says it all.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire