hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Atmosphere/Section - Sat 21 Feb 3pm

Back to ER in second place and need to keep the momentum going.

If you're interested in standing in the section on Saturday, please post below.

Vouchers can be collected at lockers until 2:45pm and then from stairs at section thereafter.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    As an old guy from the west stand , I've no right to comment on this - but the atmosphere at ER has died since you boys were moved to the front of the East. -big credit to you and the crew that continue to do your stuff - huge credit from me - but it isn't working. Why not move back upstairs ???

Anyway , I'm sure you will sort something for next season.

Again , no criticism just observation ! Good luck !!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As an old guy from the west stand , I've no right to comment on this - but the atmosphere at ER has died since you boys were moved to the front of the East. -big credit to you and the crew that continue to do your stuff - huge credit from me - but it isn't working. Why not move back upstairs ???

Anyway , I'm sure you will sort something for next season.

Again , no criticism just observation ! Good luck !!
    You've as much right as anyone else.

The group is getting a lot of freedom down the bottom which we wouldn't get up the top. It would be a step backwards to go up to the top again imo. We currently control our own section which is filled with people who want to create and participate in the atmosphere who don't mind bouncing along and flags being waved infront of them. One of the problems up the top is there are a lot of people who simply just want to stand amongst the atmosphere and are not happy when flags etc are being waved/held up.

Down the bottom isn't a permanent location, it's simply the best spot the we can currently get. We aim to move to the FF lower but there are a lot of hurdles and red tape to overcome first

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZSdoom View Post

The group is getting a lot of freedom down the bottom which we wouldn't get up the top. It would be a step backwards to go up to the top again imo. We currently control our own section which is filled with people who want to create and participate in the atmosphere who don't mind bouncing along and flags being waved infront of them. One of the problems up the top is there are a lot of people who simply just want to stand amongst the atmosphere and are not happy when flags etc are being waved/held up.

Down the bottom isn't a permanent location, it's simply the best spot the we can currently get. We aim to move to the FF lower but there are a lot of hurdles and red tape to overcome first
    Good luck buddy...delighted there is a crew trying to create real atmosphere to support the team !

Keep up the good work - big respect!

Everybody in that section is to be commended, looking back to the Hearts game and the Rangers game you had the stadium bouncing, superb.

@hibs.net private member
    Bump. Surprised by lack of interest so far...

At least you boys are trying to add some atmosphere. Out of interest I've noticed that you's all wear black on match days! Or that's what it looks like from my seat. Why is this? Not that it bothers me just curious 😁

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Everybody in that section is to be commended, looking back to the Hearts game and the Rangers game you had the stadium bouncing, superb.
    I agree, thought they were excellent for these games and I think down the front is a good idea, maybe just me

I think getting the famous five lower is/ would be a good idea. Maybe the whole famous five.. that would be some atmosphere 👍

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JHFC View Post
    I think getting the famous five lower is/ would be a good idea. Maybe the whole famous five.. that would be some atmosphere 
    Rip out the seats and put in safe standing and create the Dortmund wall

Quote Originally Posted by ZSdoom View Post

Given the contribution the group has made to ER over the last few years happy for you to stand where you want. But the OP is right -the atmosphere isn't as good now in terms of the noise you start. That's our issue not yours.

Happy to contribute (modestly) to funding if there is anything on the go to raise money. More flags?

@hibs.net private member
    Bump

Bump

I've got tickets for just behind the "section" and apologise in advance for my dreadful singing voice as the only note I can produce is "bum". Hopefully there will be enough others joining in to drown it out.