hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough MurrayfieldHibs's Avatar

Scottish Football authorities bottle it again!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Scottish football authorities in appeasement shocker.

UEFA are wrong about many things but their hard line on the unacceptable conduct of these two clubs is to be applauded. Really puts the SFA or whatever it is now to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayfieldHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Utterly pathetic. Soon as UEFA took an interest in the stuff the SFA/SFL/SPL had ignored forever, the Huns cleaned up their act big time.

The New Huns have taken us right back to the worst old ways of their predecessors but won't have UEFA to worry about for a long time yet.

Scottish football really is run by utterly spineless idiots.

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Utterly pathetic. Soon as UEFA took an interest in the stuff the SFA/SFL/SPL had ignored forever, the Huns cleaned up their act big time.

The New Huns have taken us right back to the worst old ways of their predecessors but won't have UEFA to worry about for a long time yet.

Scottish football really is run by utterly spineless idiots.

Have to agree with you there.... Sad state of affairs.

Goodness, what a surprise. Clubs get punished by UEFA all the time for stuff outwith their control. If the ref gets skelped by a 50p piece next Saturday at ER I bet Hibs would get sanctioned for it.... even though there is sod all Hibs could do to stop it.

In that semi the 'no Pope from Rome' song could clearly be heard ...... a more bigoted song doesn't exist ... the SPFL reaction ... nowt !!!

As it was the semi of a national cup at Hampden is it not the responsibility of the folk running that competition to ensure banners flares and such like don't get into the stadium?

If wasn't OF stewards on duty (although it was probably the same individuals).

The SPFL aren't going to find themselves at fault or guilty are they?
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Simple solution here.

Any sectarian singing and / or banners or flags and it's a blanket ban of all home supporters at their next home game. Post that, if it happens at the next game then it's a 2 game ban for home supporters and so on.

Lets see how long it continues when a) the club loses income from c30k supporters per game and b) the Neanderthals don't get to see their favourites on an ever extended basis.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Thank God for our robust and impartial main stream media, which will be all over this.

Quote Originally Posted by renato View Post
    Simple solution here.

Any sectarian singing and / or banners or flags and it's a blanket ban of all home supporters at their next home game. Post that, if it happens at the next game then it's a 2 game ban for home supporters and so on.

Lets see how long it continues when a) the club loses income from c30k supporters per game and b) the Neanderthals don't get to see their favourites on an ever extended basis.
    Far too sensible it will never work.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Can anyone tell me why there was the flag of the Republic of Ireland showing in the Hibs support at Ibrox last Friday ?

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Institutional corruption, not just spineless. Those at the SFAAPL whatever are so desperate to get there precious
    Rantic back that they'll ignore anything that casts them in a bad light.
    Really, really, want The NewHuns to finish 5th.

Left by mutual consent!
    'Now the league body has said both clubs took the precautions that were expected ahead of the game and could not be held liable for the events at Hampden' - what precautions exactly did either of the 'Old S*um' take (if indeed, any ?) ?

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Pathetic. Spineless ********s in charge of our game

Nothing new here. Same old, same old.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    Can anyone tell me why there was the flag of the Republic of Ireland showing in the Hibs support at Ibrox last Friday ?
    Surprised you've not landed any big fish with that post yet.

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Try somewhere between five and ten.

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    I would guess it was there because a Hibs supporter took it with him/her.

Does it have any relevance to the OP ??
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    We know why the question's being asked - bit difficult to give it the big anti-sectarian thing when we have
    folk who think waving that thing is any different.

Surely from the mouths of the "Top Brass" they have provided the acceptable response to any claim aimed at Clubs about flag waving or unacceptable singing.......The Clubs took all reasonable steps to prevent blah blah blah. Sure to get away without any punishment or they will be shown up as the one sided group of idiots if a punishment is handed down.

This is something which makes me go radge.

A couple of times at ER I've told the erse waving it to stop it and I've had to be held back from being rather more forceful. It's the flag of a foreign state more liable to be seen at Parkhead, but waving it at Ibrox is purely to incite the knuckledraggers. Someone ought to educate the laddie.

First Team Breakthrough MurrayfieldHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Thank God for our robust and impartial main stream media, which will be all over this.
    I may be wrong but I suspect that you may be extracting the urine....

Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post

A couple of times at ER I've told the erse waving it to stop it and I've had to be held back from being rather more forceful. It's the flag of a foreign state more liable to be seen at Parkhead, but waving it at Ibrox is purely to incite the knuckledraggers. Someone ought to educate the laddie.
    Nothing wrong with waving a tri colour IMO. I am glad it winds you up.

What if the guys waving it at ER are Irish? I knew a few guys who used to travel over from Dublin once a month to ER and they always had a tricolour with them. They probably wouldn't have appreciated someone 'going radge' at them. No different from the lads who have the big Polska Hibs Polish flag in the East.

I'm more than aware the flags at Ibrox are there for one reason only but there's a few Irish regulars at ER in my experience.

If that's the way you behave at ER then I hope you have your season ticket taken off you.

Coaching Staff

There's nothing inherently wrong with waving a flag. An Irish flag when the name of the club means Irish is not that controversial.

It's the attitudes like yours that equate it with something different that is the problem.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Simple solution here.

The authorities are too frightened of both clubs to make a real effort to eradicate this, we will be stuck in the last century for ever in my opinion while we continue with this way of thinking.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    We know why the question's being asked - bit difficult to give it the big anti-sectarian thing when we have
    folk who think waving that thing is any different.
    No Pope of Rome
    No chapels to sadden my eyes
    No nuns and no priests
    No rosary beads
    Every day is the 12th of July

No one should have any objection to these words cause someone in the Hibs end on Friday had the flag of the Republic of Ireland, the country whose name we share, whose imigrants founded our club and whose national emblem is on our badge? Please tell me you are joking and I've had a woosh. Please. Please. Please.

Two questions.

Do you go radge a lot?

Do you point when you go radge?

Do you point a lot?

Do you go radge, or point, when someone says they are gong to ask you two questions but goes over the limit?

Simple solution here.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Simple solution here.

Any sectarian singing and / or banners or flags and it's a blanket ban of all home supporters at their next home game.

Did they have blankets too?

B*****ds!