hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Killer passes.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Killer passes.

Thought both our goals tonight came from fantastic passes, Allan's pass to Cummings for the first was outstanding, and Fyvie's chipped pass to Lewis was perfect.

It's quality like that that wins you matches.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Spot on.
    We had the quality that they lacked and that's why we won despite not being at our best.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Fantastic passes, I didn't realise just how good Allan's pass to Cummings was until I saw the highlights

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Was watching it in a local and the barman was a jambo. Claimed Allan didn't mean the pass for the first goal and doesn't understand the hype surrounding him. Unbelievable!

Killer passes tonight were outstanding.
    However, this won't win us anything this season, we need to finish teams off,pretty much the way we did tonight, but not the way we did against Falkirk, or Raith Rovers.
    Thats what killing us just now!

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Even when Allan is having a bad day, he can still create a goal from nothing.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was watching it in a local and the barman was a jambo. Claimed Allan didn't mean the pass for the first goal and doesn't understand the hype surrounding him. Unbelievable!
    Probably just because he's creative? Far better to have an absolute clogger in the middle of the park who can kick folk

First Team Regular
    What's changed for me this season is the quality on the passing in the top third - better angles, more speed, more confidence to take risks. Got to praise the coaches as well as the players for that.

The creativity from midfield is improving with every game.

Killer passes always bring things round to Scott Allan ... sometimes his passes are so good the level of players we have aren't quick enough to see them coming and the pass comes to nothing.

I love watching him play ... but sometimes he is so determined to find that killer ball or manoeuvre himself into a position to make the killer pass that he ignores the pass he should be making, the obvious supreme belief he has in his own ability can work against him.

But what the hell ..... I would rather have one Scott Allan than one hundred cloggers any day of the week.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Killer passes always bring things round to Scott Allan ... sometimes his passes are so good the level of players we have aren't quick enough to see them coming and the pass comes to nothing.

I love watching him play ... but sometimes he is so determined to find that killer ball or manoeuvre himself into a position to make the killer pass that he ignores the pass he should be making, the obvious supreme belief he has in his own ability can work against him.

But what the hell ..... I would rather have one Scott Allan than one hundred cloggers any day of the week.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    At the early point of the season we couldn't break teams down and create many chances - despite all the possession we had - as we continually made the wrong decisions in the final third.

Nowadays we have no such trouble. We can be incredibly incisive on the break, but can also work the ball around the penalty area to very good effect.

The movement and desire to get on the ball is very good, as is the quality of passing.