hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chick I love der Hun Young

Did anyone else hear him attempting to justify why Thug McCulloch shouldn't get a ban and said there was very little evidence to prove he actually stamped, the guy is a complete knob end of the highest order and amazes me how he and his mates have still got jobs in the media.
    Last edited by J-C; 12-02-2015 at 11:14 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Never heard it but I agree with everything you say. Don't know how he manages to sustain such a high level job in the media with the nonsense he spouts.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    'Little evidence.'

Words fail me.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone else hear him attempting to justify why Thug McCulloch shouldn't get a ban and said there was very little evidence to prove he actually stamped, the guy is a complete knob end of the highest order and amazes me how he and his mates have still got jobs in the media.
    It never amazes me. I am totally unamazed, as to what happens at the BBC, whether it is UK, or just BBC Scotland. naw, not amazed in the slightest.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    How can a man who can barely utter a coherent sentence hold down a job as a radio pundit? Hunbelievable.

He was married to yon blonde singer in Middle of the Road (chirpy chirpy cheep cheep) and later lived with a former Miss Scotland and Tennents lager can girl.

He's maybe not such a little prick after all.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I'm sure Chic's classic interview with Uncle Walter is still available somewhere on youtube.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Despite the fact that over half of Scots who follow football support either Celtc or The Rangers, t's a remarkable coincidence that none of the BBC Scotland football reporters have any allegiance to either team.

I can't remember the last one who did.

What's the odds on that?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Not that I'm defending chick but I get his point that on this occasion you couldn't be 100 per cent sure he meant it but as chick also said he was deserving of the ban for previous crimes on the football pitch. He is of course a sycophant to the old firm like the rest of them but he obviously loves St mirren and usually speaks highly of us. Less annoying than the likes of Richard Gordon etc. it's such a poor station and embarrassing that it is Scotland's national radio station.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    If anyone fancies a laugh -quite patheticactually.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/scotfoot

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Maybe trying to defend Jim Goodwin by default?

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    He might just be saying stupid things and being 'contrary' to get attention. The Katie Hopkins of Scottish punditry.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Not that I'm defending chick but I get his point that on this occasion you couldn't be 100 per cent sure he meant it but as chick also said he was deserving of the ban for previous crimes on the football pitch. He is of course a sycophant to the old firm like the rest of them but he obviously loves St mirren and usually speaks highly of us. Less annoying than the likes of Richard Gordon etc. it's such a poor station and embarrassing that it is Scotland's national radio station.
    I used to work with someone who was at School with him. He is not a St Mirren fan.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    He's there for comedy value I think.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I'm sure Chic's classic interview with Uncle Walter is still available somewhere on youtube.

4<u>
    Last edited by lord bunberry; 13-02-2015 at 08:26 AM.

He's not the only one in the media. The Scottish media are awash with Rangers and Celtic minded idiots (BBC, the rags and STV). Each pandering to their respective set of fans. It's always baffled me why Celtic fans refer to the Daily Record as The Daily Hun and vice versa, because the OF boot licking is about even. The Daily Record isn't the exception either, it's the norm. Maybe those OF fans should take a step back and take a look at what the rest of us have had to endure from these rags and so-called journalists since the dawn of Scottish Football.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I listened to it as it was broadcast and you are spot on.

Conspiracy theories??? Maybe!
    But with cameras at most games and cameras at just about every conceivable angles at live games Chick needs to get his head oot his arse and look at the facts o and the video footage.

That and the fact that he gets away with 'again' leading with his elbow and pretending to header at just about every high ball is beyond me.

Chick is a St Midden fan but since the Souness years has yearned to be a Hun!!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Why do people get so upset about journalists? I'm no expert on football, but I can make my own judgement on what I've just watched at the game without someone else explaining to me what I've just viewed. There will be differing opinions but I don't tend to worry about that. Sportsound gets a hell of kicking on here - all the journalists are idiots, the pundits are clowns, the commentators are crap and Richard Gordon is an anti Hibs imbecile.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Why do people get so upset about journalists? I'm no expert on football, but I can make my own judgement on what I've just watched at the game without someone else explaining to me what I've just viewed. There will be differing opinions but I don't tend to worry about that. Sportsound gets a hell of kicking on here - all the journalists are idiots, the pundits are clowns, the commentators are crap and Richard Gordon is an anti Hibs imbecile.
    That's pretty much about right.

The ugly sisters are the only thing that sells to the media, viewing figures, 7/8 pages in the press a week before and a week after anything them, dragging ex players on to give their "expert" views, etc..

Personally I just ignore it but have to say that interview with chick the prick is a classic but may have been scripted at the last lodge meeting they were at.

There will never be any escape from it, we will just have to ignore it.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I don't see the problem with what he says - he openly agrees that McCulloch should be out tonight and and should have been sent off for a number of offenses and that the 'stamp' was unclear.

I agree with him - perhaps he did intend to land on him (he certainly doesn't try and get his foot away from him) but there's no obvious 'stamping' action on Carrick.

Perhaps that's semantics in disagreeing with how the SFA have phrased it but in the end, justice was done and he's missing out as a result.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

I texted in last night to question his defence of McCulloch being a " physical" player saying there is a huge difference between being physical and being sneaky and dirty..... His response was, erm, silence. He didn't or probably couldn't answer it. I get better conversations about football with my 16 year old daughter, seriously.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    4<u>
    Absolute classic! Never ever thought I'd be 100% on the side of Walter Smith!

I fear too many have wasted too much energy trying to understand the man.

He's a bawbag.

ENDOF

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I don't see the problem with what he says - he openly agrees that McCulloch should be out tonight and and should have been sent off for a number of offenses and that the 'stamp' was unclear.

I agree with him - perhaps he did intend to land on him (he certainly doesn't try and get his foot away from him) but there's no obvious 'stamping' action on Carrick.

Perhaps that's semantics in disagreeing with how the SFA have phrased it but in the end, justice was done and he's missing out as a result.
    Agree. But folk on here like to moan about journalists for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Don't think anyone is moaning, when you turn on a national radio station the least you expect to here is impartiality, Chick was the only person attempting to justify that a thug didn't stamp on an opponent and it was an accident, retrospctive judgement for past crimes shouldn't come into it, he stamped, he got done it's that simple.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I'm not sure if Chick Young or the wider media are responsible for misinterpreting what McCulloch's been done for actually. They keep using the word 'stamp', not the SFA.

The Compliance Officer says "In that at the above match you did deliberately stand upon Dale Carrick of Raith Rovers FC and commit an act of violent conduct"

Whoever first introduced the word 'stamp' into the discussion is wrong, as it wasn't a stamp but that he deliberately stood on Carrick I find myself in agreement with.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

I don't have a problem with what Chick Young said, but McCulloch has previous, and as Young quite rightly said, justice has been done and he's been banned. On a separate issue, when asked who he thought was going to win the Sevco v Hibs game he quite definitely said Hibs, to the point that he was prepared to put money on it.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I dont think many of them are journalists, they don't actually investigate much they are more like reporters who just report whats happened or what they are told to report.

Any investigative journalism they may do, if its not liked by the bigots gets them banned like the record is now and stops them getting drip fed any titbits in the future.

The succulent lamb theory.