hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Magic away at end of the season! Put him on gardening leave now if you have ambition

Allan Johnston has confirmed he is away at the end of the season at his press conference, saying that he decided just before he went in.

Blaming the club for selling Robbie Muirhead and giving that as his reason....for that read my contract wasn't getting renewed anyway.

Get new manager in now and give him rest of season to evaluate squad, identify targets, hit ground running next year
    Last edited by vanNISHtelroy; 05-02-2015 at 01:07 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanNISHtelroy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Allan Johnstone has confirmed he is away at the end of the season at his press conference, saying that he decided just before he went in.

Blaming the club for selling Robbie Muirhead and giving that as his reason....for that read my contract wasn't getting renewed anyway.

Get new manager in now and give him rest of season to evaluate squad, identify targets, hit ground running next year
    I think he's played a blinder here, all is not well behind the scenes reading this

Gary Locke?

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Gary Locke?
    Would rather have him than AJ...his contract is up at end of season too if I remember correctly.

At start of season would have taken him as manager but not so sure now
    Last edited by vanNISHtelroy; 05-02-2015 at 01:03 PM. Reason: post didn't make sense

This is the kind of thing that can lead to an awful run of form, think Killie would be best getting rid asap.

AJ is out of his depth, he doesn't have much of a clue, reminds me of Butcher.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This is the kind of thing that can lead to an awful run of form, think Killie would be best getting rid asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Agree with both of those that's the big worry!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Correct, I know one of their players and I'm hearing that he's a bit of a knob to the younger players but the old heads get away with murder. Believe Locke is their preference and he wished he had the job so may end up what happens.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Three way tie for the The Rangers job, with him, Butcher and McCall?

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Correct, I know one of their players and I'm hearing that he's a bit of a knob to the younger players but the old heads get away with murder. Believe Locke is their preference and he wished he had the job so may end up what happens.
    Heard similar, but apparently things are better than when Sandy Clark was there

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Agree with both of those that's the big worry!
    I suppose the Board will look at the table and think the risk of getting sucked in to the play-off place is pretty low. So maybe they are relaxed about waiting until summer.

Mind you, our Board had similar thoughts last season!

Don't know much about him but is £150k a fair price for Muirhead?

I don't rate Johnston as a top league manager at all, but if Muirhead was sold without him knowing that's well out of order. Their chairman's a dick though, he was the one who didn't think Sevco should be relegated from the SPL.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I don't rate Johnston as a top league manager at all, but if Muirhead was sold without him knowing that's well out of order. Their chairman's a dick though, he was the one who didn't think Sevco should be relegated from the SPL.
    I notice he's still their chairman. I thought he was standing down after their debt deal went through?

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I notice he's still their chairman. I thought he was standing down after their debt deal went through?
    MJ will stand down at the AGM in March with director Jim Mann taking over.

He remains on board and owns ~40% of the issued shares

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Allan Johnston has confirmed he is away at the end of the season at his press conference, saying that he decided just before he went in.

He's been a bit of a nightmare for you eh? It's maybe his yam connections from back in the day but I really can't take to the guy.
    Think he got lucky at QOTS. Seems like a bit of a crap manager

Yeah think he got lucky at QotS, he was manager of the only full time team in the division, he did well winning whatever that cup was called the season he was there.

But I was happy when we signed him, until he slagged Kenny's record off and went on his terrible run

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar
    Scottish Sun Sport@scotsunsport 11m11 minutes ago
    EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock are set to part company with manager Allan Johnston tomorrow morning http://bit.ly/1Fb16fw

Is tomorrow morning soon enough?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Yeah think he got lucky at QotS, he was manager of the only full time team in the division, he did well winning whatever that cup was called the season he was there.

But I was happy when we signed him, until he slagged Kenny's record off and went on his terrible run
    I don't mean this as being disrespectful but what are the expectation levels at killie? From the outside looking in and my perception is that you're a club with no money that get poor crowds. Avoiding relegation every year would be a success for you I'd have thought.

Appreciate you probably won't see it that way though.

You were playing good football and were giving quality youngsters a chance under Kenny Shiels. Why was he sacked?

I wonder where we'd be if we'd chosen him instead of Butcher.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I don't mean this as being disrespectful but what are the expectation levels at killie? From the outside looking in and my perception is that you're a club with no money that get poor crowds. Avoiding relegation every year would be a success for you I'd have thought.

Appreciate you probably won't see it that way though.
    Somewhere between 7th and 9th possibly...with an odd occasion of battling for 6th and odd season fighting to avoid the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    You were playing good football and were giving quality youngsters a chance under Kenny Shiels. Why was he sacked?

I wonder where we'd be if we'd chosen him instead of Butcher.
    Kenny was sacked because his comments were getting club in to bother with SPL basically...but there was a league finish clause in his contract which let MJ sack him

Somewhere between 7th and 9th possibly...with an odd occasion of battling for 6th and odd season fighting to avoid the playoffs?

Kenny was sacked because his comments were getting club in to bother with SPL basically...but there was a league finish clause in his contract which let MJ sack him
    Who was the wee left winger you had a few years back ..his name escapes me ..maybe Murray ?...I remember him being a very small but tricky as **** laddie who was destined for "bigger" things ..then I think he just seemed to vanish ...

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Who was the wee left winger you had a few years back ..his name escapes me ..maybe Murray ?...I remember him being a very small but tricky as **** laddie who was destined for "bigger" things ..then I think he just seemed to vanish ...
    Stevie Murray was a wee winger who won young player of the month once or twice. He liked to beat his man quite a few times rather than putting the ball in the box. Left us in 2007 according to Wikipedia.

There is a habbit of players breaking through and then nothing happening. With the exception of Bell, Naisy, Boyd. Something Shiels was trying to address by promoting the youth coach to being more involved with the first time to make the transition easier.

Last couple of players to break through have been sold cheaply before they've done much: Robbie Muirhead and Matty Kennedy.

Stevie Murray was a wee winger who won young player of the month once or twice. He liked to beat his man quite a few times rather than putting the ball in the box. Left us in 2007 according to Wikipedia.

There is a habbit of players breaking through and then nothing happening. With the exception of Bell, Naisy, Boyd. Something Shiels was trying to address by promoting the youth coach to being more involved with the first time to make the transition easier.

Last couple of players to break through have been sold cheaply before they've done much: Robbie Muirhead and Matty Kennedy.
    The guy James Dayton always impressed me when we played Killie, remember a rumour for a while that he was coming to us but ended up heading south - memory serves me right he was a direct and tricky player

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Or are you meaning the we lad Johnson looked like a hobbit from the shire with long hair, really like him as a player but doesn't make many appearances for killi I don't think. Chris Johnson I think he's called.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe's ice cream View Post
    The guy James Dayton always impressed me when we played Killie, remember a rumour for a while that he was coming to us but ended up heading south - memory serves me right he was a direct and tricky player
    Went to Oldham now on loan to St Mirren but I agree I liked him aswell

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Or are you meaning the we lad Johnson looked like a hobbit from the shire with long hair, really like him as a player but doesn't make many appearances for killi I don't think. Chris Johnson I think he's called.
    Chris has struggled a bit recently and not got into the team due to Obadeyi and McKenzie playing as the wingers (or Muirhead if they weren't available) and Eremenko playing behind the striker. The "highlight" of his season must be getting subbed about half an hour in to the game against Celtic after being awful and managing to give away a corner under hardly any pressure 40 yards from goal!

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    he's away by the looks of things...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31161073

Chris has struggled a bit recently and not got into the team due to Obadeyi and McKenzie playing as the wingers (or Muirhead if they weren't available) and Eremenko playing behind the striker. The "highlight" of his season must be getting subbed about half an hour in to the game against Celtic after being awful and managing to give away a corner under hardly any pressure 40 yards from goal!
    I take it Gary Locke will be the new manager.

TBH I thought he was treated abysmally by Hearts when he was effectively holding that mob together.