hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dja Djedji

Dja Djedji

What is everyones opinion on him so far? iv missed his appearences so far

What positions has he played and do we think he will be a starter?

Going by the formation we play im presuming he would have to play striker. Is he better than cummings malonga and farid?

Cheers

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is everyones opinion on him so far? iv missed his appearences so far

What positions has he played and do we think he will be a starter?

Going by the formation we play im presuming he would have to play striker. Is he better than cummings malonga and farid?

Cheers
    A few opinions, here

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...ghts-on-Djedje
    This is how it feels

Coaching Staff
    Hard to judge anyone who has touched the ball about 3 times.

If he doesn't do something soon in going to start booing him. ..We need a new scapegoat and he fits the bill plus hes no as good as messi

hopefully He will score a hat trick against Arbroath even though he clearly won't be match fit .That will endear him to the fans .It really is too early to make any judgement let's give him time to settle in ,get fully fit and a Couple of games under his belt ,although with Malonga now back ,the Arbroath game is one he will need to make an impact in as likely to be back on the bench for Sevco game

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    hopefully He will score a hat trick against Arbroath even though he clearly won't be match fit .That will endear him to the fans .It really is too early to make any judgement let's give him time to settle in ,get fully fit and a Couple of games under his belt ,although with Malonga now back ,the Arbroath game is one he will need to make an impact in as likely to be back on the bench for Sevco game
    Who was the last Hibs player to score on their cup debut? Harris (semi wasn't his cup debut was it?), Griffiths, Cummings (don't think so). And a hattrick? You don't ask for much ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Who was the last Hibs player to score on their cup debut? Harris (semi wasn't his cup debut was it?), Griffiths, Cummings (don't think so). And a hattrick? You don't ask for much ;)
    Debut: Roy O'Donovan?

Edit: Maybe Matt Done?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Debut: Roy O'Donovan?

Edit: Maybe Matt Done?
    What a goal that was.

Doyle at Cowdenbeath. Harris came on against Killie in the QF.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I think with Malonga, Farid and Boyle all unavailable we should see DjeDje starting on Saturday. Getting a decent amount of time in a game is the only real way of getting up to speed with the scottish game. 10 minutes here and there is not good. If Robertson is struggling too, I would give Fyvie the chance to get involved straight away, and give Cerny a game.

He got the first half of the dev game against Motherwell. Removed at half time I think for Saturday.
    He was surprisingly good in the air for his size, looks to have bags of pace, however his most impressive features were his instant control, lay offs and passes.
    He was laying them up for Lewis Allan, he was playing wide and behind Lewis and did not have many shots himself.
    My guess would be this guy is going to be high up in the assist stats.
    I think he has more about him than Malonga and has a different style to Farid.
    I think we are in for a lot of fun with this guy, he has the the type of character that we have taken to in the past.

If you don't ask , You don't get Wishfulll thinking I know

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIALIST View Post
    He got the first half of the dev game against Motherwell. Removed at half time I think for Saturday.
    He was surprisingly good in the air for his size, looks to have bags of pace, however his most impressive features were his instant control, lay offs and passes.
    He was laying them up for Lewis Allan, he was playing wide and behind Lewis and did not have many shots himself.
    I think we are in for a lot of fun with this guy, he has the the type of character that we have taken to in the past.
    I was surprised how many headers he won against Falkirk. Great spring on him

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    I was surprised how many headers he won against Falkirk. Great spring on him
    Thought the same when he came on v Raith.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Tremendous. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

As many have said, we've been crying out for pace and players who can 'make something happen'.

He's not had too many touches in the games he has featured in so it's hard to say too much so far based on that.

I was watching him warming up at half-time last week though and his touch looked absolutely sublime. Glad that seems to have translated to a similar kind of performance on the park with the U20s.

Can't wait to see him get a proper run in the 1st team.

When watching the clips of him on YouTube (nothing like getting your hopes up) he did look very dynamic and athletic. Fast strong and a good jump. Think he will do very well tomorrow. If moshni and elbows play at the back next week he will have a field day.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I thought after a nervy start he played really well. Nothing wrong with his disallowed goal, won a lot of balls in the air, held the ball up, linked up well with Jason. Bit sluggish in terms of pace but looked good.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I thought after a nervy start he played really well. Nothing wrong with his disallowed goal, won a lot of balls in the air, held the ball up, linked up well with Jason. Bit sluggish in terms of pace but looked good.
    I agree, decent 1st start. Touch was a bit suspect early on, but he got to grips with the game. Scored a perfectly good goal that was disallowed

Thought he did really well after some rustiness early on. More game time and he'll be competing for a starting place

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I agree, decent 1st start. Touch was a bit suspect early on, but he got to grips with the game. Scored a perfectly good goal that was disallowed
    His touch was shocking in the first half...he had me worried!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    His touch was shocking in the first half...he had me worried!
    Think he'll score a bucket load of goals before the end of the season. He's played his 1st 90 mins in almost 2 months

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think he'll score a bucket load of goals before the end of the season. He's played his 1st 90 mins in almost 2 months
    Stubbs has played a blinder here.

He also did alot of running and chasing about. Also noticed he's not that selfish with the ball in the box, I think a partnership with him and Malonga today would have resulted in a good few goals, it just wasn't happening for Cummings today (apart from the og)

I've got a slightly different opinion from some on here, I thought at times this guy looked different class. When he's fully up to speed/match fitness I reckon he could be one of Stubbs' best signings. On that subject, I'm trying to think of a bad signing that Stubbs has made, and there simply isn't one. The only one I might have doubts about is Oxley, for me the jury's out on him, but all the others look good and make a great contribution to the team as a whole. Just my opinion of course.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He started off badly but really came into the game as it went on.

His defending was excellent, he tracked back a lot, his passes were perfect most of the time and he scored two good goals (nothing wrong with the one that was disallowed!)

Was quite impressed by him

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I've got a slightly different opinion from some on here, I thought at times this guy looked different class. When he's fully up to speed/match fitness I reckon he could be one of Stubbs' best signings. On that subject, I'm trying to think of a bad signing that Stubbs has made, and there simply isn't one. The only one I might have doubts about is Oxley, for me the jury's out on him, but all the others look good and make a great contribution to the team as a whole. Just my opinion of course.
    I would agree. A bit dodgy in the first half. He probably has the best movement of all our strikers.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    He started off badly but really came into the game as it went on.

His defending was excellent, he tracked back a lot, his passes were perfect most of the time and he scored two good goals (nothing wrong with the one that was disallowed!)

Was quite impressed by him
    Couldn't disagree with any of that......

Was he not involved in the third goal or am I thinking of another move?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    It will be a tough call as to who plays up front when everyone is available.