hibs.net Messageboard

Blog Entries

Alec Marshall - 5-1 gesture

I couldn't believe my eyes to see Alec Marshall giving it the big 5-1 gesture when picking up his trophy at the bowling competition. I never had the sound up, so tell me please that I've misinterpreted his stupidity. :-(

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I couldn't believe my eyes to see Alec Marshall giving it the big 5-1 gesture when picking up his trophy at the bowling competition. I never had the sound up, so tell me please that I've misinterpreted his stupidity. :-(
    He had just won his 6th world singles title so not completely irrelevant.

Massive jambo though so we all know what he's really referring to.

I never saw it but, we're better off just ignoring it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Its the 6th time he's won the trophy

Their stock answer to any set back sadly.

How many hands did he use?

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    How many hands did he use?
    One and he is a smelly hearts tramp.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    Way below the belt in afraid! Absolutely no need whatsoever... A massive hearts man maybe but the insults are not needed. As has been said it's his 6th title, and of course it's also a massive dig at us but if I'm being honest if it's the other way about, who wouldn't! Also when he wins his seventh title he will also fire 7 fingers at the tele just like he did 5 when he won his 5th!
    Last edited by hibbysam; 25-01-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    To be honest I don't really care. If we won 5-1 that day and Andy Murray did it we would be comending him. Just leave it as banter

Who cares?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    The guy is really sound. Played with / against him a few times. As someone said just ignore it as banter

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Way below the belt in afraid! Absolutely no need whatsoever... A massive hearts man maybe but the insults are not needed. As has been said it's his 6th title, and of course it's also a massive dig at us but if I'm being honest if it's the other way about, who wouldn't! Also when he wins his seventh title he will also fire 7 fingers at the tele just like he did 5 when he won his 5th!
    Dinnae be so touchy. 'smelly hearts tramp' is nowhere near below the belt, in fact as far as insults go, it's nowhere near the belt.

Great bowler, nice guy, hertz *******.

I'll watch his progress with a jaundiced eye from now on. Some Jam Tarts dislike Andy Murray for similar reasons though I doubt he would soil his victories by making such signs.

Left by mutual consent!
    "Hearts man"

=

Smelly Hertz Tramp

Deal with it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I'll watch his progress with a jaundiced eye from now on. Some Jam Tarts dislike Andy Murray for similar reasons though I doubt he would soil his victories by making such signs.
    As a keen bowler myself, I can appreciate Marshall's ability and achievements, but I can't stand professional sportsman behaving in a cheap, graceless and ignorant manner. The fact that this idiot is a Jambo is beside the point as I would have the same opinion of a Hibs minded professional. Like the poster above, I will get a wee bit of perverse pleasure seeing him losing in future.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I saw another sportsman do this gesture just the other day for the sixth time he had done something. I thought utd a wonder they aren't claiming him as a Jambo. I cannot for the life of me remember who it was now!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    As a keen bowler myself, I can appreciate Marshall's ability and achievements, but I can't stand professional sportsman behaving in a cheap, graceless and ignorant manner. The fact that this idiot is a Jambo is beside the point as I would have the same opinion of a Hibs minded professional. Like the poster above, I will get a wee bit of perverse pleasure seeing him losing in future.
    It appears the etiquette of bowls doesn't apply to him. And as for the tart that done it after getting beat in the Commonwealth Games, well that just shows where her priorities lie.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    It appears the etiquette of bowls doesn't apply to him. And as for the tart that done it after getting beat in the Commonwealth Games, well that just shows where her priorities lie.
    Etiquette in bowls is overrated. The game is dying, a wee bit of friendly competitive banter might be what's needed to keep it going.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Well at least they can claim another "famous" fan. Their barrel has been looking a bit scraped recently.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    Etiquette in bowls is overrated. The game is dying, a wee bit of friendly competitive banter might be what's needed to keep it going.

100% some of the older members in my club think there is a need to stay stuck in the dark ages and then wonder why so few junior members are coming through. The decision to move from playing in shirt and tie to a club branded polo type shirt was one such example that had them shaking their sticks with fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    100% some of the older members in my club think there is a need to stay stuck in the dark ages and then wonder why so few junior members are coming through. The decision to move from playing in shirt and tie to a club branded polo type shirt was one such example that had them shaking their sticks with fury.
    The "Auld codgers" at the Jewel didn't mind swapping their blazers/badges & ties for nice new polo shirts with the Jewel badge on them ....but a few did take umbrage to the sponsors logo though ...Harkess Funeral Services ...

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I can see why they call him tattie
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Agree, Tattie's brilliant.