hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Season Ticket Renewals

Interesting to note at the bottom of the club statement posted today, that season ticket renewals will be available from March. Based on promotion to the premier league only being likely/possible through winning a playoff series that finishes in June, I wonder what the pricing structure will be, to entice people to part with their cash early?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by craigmounthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting to note at the bottom of the club statement posted today, that season ticket renewals will be available from March. Based on promotion to the premier league only being likely/possible through winning a playoff series that finishes in June, I wonder what the pricing structure will be, to entice people to part with their cash early?
    Think when some of those same people will be taking up the share issue option it's the wrong time to be asking for season ticket renewals if charging the same as just now And don't see them being prepared to reduce prices unless we are in the Championship for another year and as you point out we won't know that by then .
    They could however offer the payment scheme at that point which would allow people to start paying direct debits earlier Given that We have brought in players early in this Transfer Window Stubbs may want the revenue to do the same in the summer and given how he has us playing players might now want to come to us as a positive destination and way of furthering thier career lCummings as young player is clearly developing and Allan has got his career back on track .

Would be interestedi in others views on this and sure to be topic at A G M I would think

It is going to be a really tricky one this year. We want to encourage more people getting them without significantly reducing our budget for next year

Personally I would make 300 per adult or 350 to include cup games. I would also make the kids tickets cheaper when bought at the same time as an adult season ticket. Similar to what is currently available in the FF lower

Appreciate this may not be financially feasible but we need to take a slight risk in the hope we sell more at the lower price

I think the club needs to offer a bigger discount for early renewal. That will reward those who shelled out for this season's tickets at Premiership prices whilst enabling the price to stay the same for next year regardless of whether we go up.

I'd be surprised if prices are cut across the board.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

I have missed a few games this season. I wonder how many free tickets they gave away to schools this season? We are not guaranteed to be promoted this so this will need to be reflected in the price??

Grrr! Don't get me started on ST prices for next season

Let's not forget that this season's prices were set in March 2014 based on SPL prices and it still sticks in the craw a bit that nothing directly was done to reduce the cost after relegation. IIRC when questioned about possibility of relegation, RP said something along the lines of - "never/not going to happen". If only.

To be asked again to commit to paying for something before we even know what it will be (SPL or Championship) is IMHO cheeky to say the least. It's almost insulting supporters intelligence if the Board think they can get away with it again.

Thoughts?

I, for one, will sit tight until we find out what league we'll be in. That said, iF we are still in the championship, I fully expect us to win the league next year, Sevco or not. If we go up this season, I'll buy one.

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    When we get to the Scottish cup final this season ticket sales will take care of themselves :)

If we lose today this thread will see more traffic than last couple days.

It's a tricky one for the board. Maybe some sort of "cup top up " gamble may be what they do

@hibs.net private member
    How would fans feel about seats being cheaper in different parts of the ground such as cheaper at either end of the East/West Lower/FF, then higher for on the half way line

Also what would be a reasonable price?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    How would fans feel about seats being cheaper in different parts of the ground such as cheaper at either end of the East/West Lower/FF, then higher for on the half way line

How would you stop people buying cheaper tickets in the wings but sitting in the middle anyway?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    How wod you stop people buying cheaper tickets in the wings but sitting in the middle anyway?
    Would have to rely a bit on honesty but mainly on stewards with maybe different coloured season tickets. Just thinking out loud.

@hibs.net private member
    Would have to rely a bit on honesty but mainly on stewards with maybe different coloured season tickets. Just thinking out loud.
    Far too hard to manage even though I agree with the idea in principle

@hibs.net private member

It's something I suggested on here a couple of seasons ago. It's what other clubs do and makes sense.

Obviously folk could buy the cheaper seat and move but as you say we need to trust they won't rip the club off in the same way we do with folk buying a kids ticket and an adult using it.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Grrr! Don't get me started on ST prices for next season

Let's not forget that this season's prices were set in March 2014 based on SPL prices and it still sticks in the craw a bit that nothing directly was done to reduce the cost after relegation. IIRC when questioned about possibility of relegation, RP said something along the lines of - "never/not going to happen". If only.

To be asked again to commit to paying for something before we even know what it will be (SPL or Championship) is IMHO cheeky to say the least. It's almost insulting supporters intelligence if the Board think they can get away with it again.

Thoughts?
    What do you mean by get away with it?

Quite simply if we want to spend the money on decent wages we need to pay prices that fund it.

If we want to pay Championship prices we will get a Championship player budget.

The cash isn't going anywhere else. I'd be happy to pay same again if it came to it. It's Hibs I pay to see.

@hibs.net private member
    ST should be £300 max for East and West stands and £200 for the FF lower £250 for the upper. I would make student and young adult STs only available in the FF lower and would charge £100. That way it would create a atmosphere. Child STs should be available in all parts of the ground but under 12s I would make £25 when purchased with a adult ST. Any adult caught using a kid ST should be banned for life. No logic in my figures other than making football more affordable and ground more full

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

Quite simply if we want to spend the money on decent wages we need to pay prices that fund it.

The cash isn't going anywhere else. I'd be happy to pay same again if it came to it. It's Hibs I pay to see.
    Totally agree. No matter what league we are in we have to fund a top league team. If your ambition for the club doesn't extend beyond the here and now then pay championship prices but don't complain when we don't get out of the league you want to budget for.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

First Team Breakthrough Gordon Quinn's Avatar
    Could someone please remind me when the monthly payment plan for current ST's ends?

First Team Breakthrough Gordon Quinn's Avatar
    Could someone please remind me when the monthly payment plan for current ST's ends?

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Prices will stay the same IMO.

Discount for early renewal.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Quinn View Post
    March I think. My first payment was in April followed by another 10 DD's my conformation email says.

If there is any discount at all it will be minimum, and even then probably 'restricted' to early birds/current ST holders.

Same again is fine with me.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar

If paying an extra £50 over the year gets us the likes of Allan and Malonga-as opposed to Thornhill and Junior Agogo-then it's money well spent IMO

@hibs.net private member semaj64's Avatar
    I would be ok to pay the same but everyone's circumstances are different. It was always going to the a 2 year plan to get up had to be with The Ranges and Hearts. I would expecting to be rewarded with reduced SPL prices in the 16/17 season

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar

This, 100%...... ST money has always (we've been told) been ring fenced for the playing squad..... One way to look at it. The lower the ST revenue is, the less impact our new share issue will have.

I can see where you are coming from but if like you have saud *we need to pay prices that fund it" so in theory would you and everyone else be happy to pay say £1000 for a season ticket?

cos that way we ll have more money from season tickets, which means more money for hibs which means more money for transfers and wages.

I think imo it depends on how people feel about things.To some people no matter what hibs charge people will go. to others its every other saturday* with the kids. to others its every other saturday* with there mates.To others if they can afford a ticket(walk ups) they will go

(*if played on every other saturday)
    Its a tough one for hibs and im sure whatever wya they play it some people will accept it, whilst others will hate it

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    ST should be £300 max for East and West stands and £200 for the FF lower £250 for the upper. I would make student and young adult STs only available in the FF lower and would charge £100. That way it would create a atmosphere. Child STs should be available in all parts of the ground but under 12s I would make £25 when purchased with a adult ST. Any adult caught using a kid ST should be banned for life. No logic in my figures other than making football more affordable and ground more full
    Has it ever been proven that lower prices results in bigger crowds? Not taking the piss btw, genuine question. I know there's the odd game where a team lowers the price and sees a bounce but long term would bigger crowds offset the loss caused by significantly lower prices.

ICT had a 'pay what you can' deal midweek and actually got a crowd slightly lower than their average. The chairman said whilst it was a 'success' he's not sure he would do it again because of the cost base at the club, roughly translated as 'we lost money on it'. I'd love a ST for £300 but not if it damaged the club and I just don't see enough people being motivated to come back that it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    It's something I suggested on here a couple of seasons ago. It's what other clubs do and makes sense.

Obviously folk could buy the cheaper seat and move but as you say we need to trust they won't rip the club off in the same way we do with folk buying a kids ticket and an adult using it.
    would ever work tho, disgusting tho it is as they r ripping their own club off...i kno off people in their 30's using concession ST's

Don't mind paying the same, I would like to see Hibs TV thrown in for free to ST holders though or maybe 1/2 free vouchers to bring a friend, as I was down at Stevenage in Oct & used my cousins voucher on his ST book to get in, a good way to get guests back if they enjoyed it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by trev the hat View Post
    Don't mind paying the same, I would like to see Hibs TV thrown in for free to ST holders though or maybe 1/2 free vouchers to bring a friend, as I was down at Stevenage in Oct & used my cousins voucher on his ST book to get in, a good way to get guests back if they enjoyed it.
    We did that on Pat Stanton day (Cowdenbeath) and the take up was poor. Should be done again.