hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

Left by mutual consent!

Scott Allan

Celtic scouts have been at our last 2 games watching him apparently, according to a reliable source anyway. I hope we can get him tied down on a long term contract asap to at least get a high fee out of him. Different class.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    At this stage I think that would be a daft move for Allan. Hes playing well and is an excellent player, but its still only been 6 months in the Scottish Championship after a few years of drifting around various clubs down south. He needs to focus on playing football every week, something Im not sure would happen at Celtic (especially when you consider they have signed GMS and are actively looking to get Armstrong).

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtic scouts have been at our last 2 games watching him apparently, according to a reliable source anyway. I hope we can get him tied down on a long term contract asap to at least get a high fee out of him. Different class.
    He's not been great the last couple of games so that suits me

McGeough just back for the last 2 games, maybe monitoring his progress since they'll have a decision to make on his future shortly?

First Team Breakthrough
    Sheff utd lining up a bid for scott, had him watched a few times and are very keen to land him

@hibs.net private member
    All bids should be rejected. We need to get promoted this season and losing Scott Allan is not the way to go about it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by woodythehibee View Post
    He's not been great the last couple of games so that suits me
    Delighted it was those 2 games!

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    All bids should be rejected. We need to get promoted this season and losing Scott Allan is not the way to go about it.
    You beat me to it Steve, my sentiments exactly! And there are a couple more players that will no doubt be getting noticed.
    If there is genuine interest in any players, we will no doubt find out how serious we are in keeping them?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudy View Post
    Sheff utd lining up a bid for scott, had him watched a few times and are very keen to land him
    What do you think the size of the bid will be? He's got 1 1/2 years left on his deal

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    What do you think the size of the bid will be? He's got 1 1/2 years left on his deal
    Disnae matter Billy, we need to keep all our players, all bids should be knocked back. We are just getting a decent squad together.

Thoughts?

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WillowbraeHibby View Post
    Disnae matter Billy, we need to keep all our players, all bids should be knocked back. We are just getting a decent squad together.

Thoughts?
    I agree with your sentiment, however everybody has a price and if an exceptionally high bid came in then I don't doubt for a minute it would be considered.

Sheffield Utd have done very well recently from Scottish players.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I agree with your sentiment, however everybody has a price and if an exceptionally high bid came in then I don't doubt for a minute it would be considered.

They have done well, but are not progressing the way a club of that potential should. Good cup results are not enough.

First Team Regular
    I heard this rumour a few weeks ago from one of my mates, wouldn't surprise me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

Aye... Suppose you have a point there Scoopy, but it would be good to see a decent squad being built without having to flog anybody.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WillowbraeHibby View Post
    Aye... Suppose you have a point there Scoopy, but it would be good to see a decent squad being built without having to flog anybody.
    Don't want to lose him, but unfortunately every player has his price. In my opinion Allan would be stupid to move in this window. Could end up on some team's bench, when he will play every week at Hibs

I don't think we will lose Allan in this window. He's had a few good months in the Scottish Championship. I can't see any ridiculously high bids being made. If he stays for the rest of the year, plays as he has been and helps get us promoted then that might change in the summer. After his previous experience down south I don't think he will necessarily jump at the first opportunity either.

Testimonial Due
    If we don't get promoted we'll likely lose him in the summer. If we go up I fancy he'll extend his contract.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    McGeough just back for the last 2 games, maybe monitoring his progress since they'll have a decision to make on his future shortly?
    Good point, Kaff. However I suspect it's the OF hoover in action sucking up anything that sits above the pile.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Good point, Kaff. However I suspect it's the OF hoover in action sucking up anything that sits above the pile.
    Only smellic. Newco are too broke and too busy fighting with each other. They will soon have more gardeners than directors. lol

First Team Breakthrough Jonny1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jonny1875
    I think he will be away in the summer for around 750k, unless we go up.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Only smellic. Newco are too broke and too busy fighting with each other. They will soon have more gardeners than directors. lol
    LOL. I am aware that TRFC's hoover has no suction just now but they seem to be able to pick up wee bits of fluff here and there. Alas, if they survive and regain their position they'll be comparable to a super-charged Dyson.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny1875 View Post
    I think he will be away in the summer for around 750k, unless we go up.
    I reckon half of that. He is doing fairly well in the second teir of Scottish Football. If we don't go up we will need cash and I think a bid of £200-300K will be enough and let's face its a good bid.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    I reckon half of that. He is doing fairly well in the second teir of Scottish Football. If we don't go up we will need cash and I think a bid of £200-300K will be enough and let's face its a good bid.
    Then we can use the money to bring a certain someone home
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    If we don't go up we will also need quality players. I'd much rather keep Allan for another season and lose him for free than sell him for such a small fee.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Why would we sell our most creative player for such a paltry sum? He would have a year left unless he has extended in between times it would make no sense for Hibs to sell for next to nothing.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    If we don't go up we will also need quality players. I'd much rather keep Allan for another season and lose him for free than sell him for such a small fee.
    Totally agree. If we don't go up, he will be worth a lot more than a couple of hundred grand to us by helping get us promoted. Get us up then sign for whoever he wants for free.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I don't think we will lose Allan in this window. He's had a few good months in the Scottish Championship. I can't see any ridiculously high bids being made. If he stays for the rest of the year, plays as he has been and helps get us promoted then that might change in the summer. After his previous experience down south I don't think he will necessarily jump at the first opportunity either.
    Agree entirely he will be enjoying playing every week at Hibs.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Why would we sell our most creative player for such a paltry sum? He would have a year left unless he has extended in between times it would make no sense for Hibs to sell for next to nothing.
    Like others I would rather keep him and risk losing him for free. But if we are facing another season in the Championship and season tickets are down then Stubbs may think with the money he can bring in 2 or 3 players.

I am not sure what the highest transfer fee is for a player in the Championship but I am sure its not high and while SA is good he is not outstanding week in and week out.

Like others I would rather keep him and risk losing him for free. But if we are facing another season in the Championship and season tickets are down then Stubbs may think with the money he can bring in 2 or 3 players.

I am not sure what the highest transfer fee is for a player in the Championship but I am sure its not high and while SA is good he is not outstanding week in and week out.
    He has been outstanding for a good number of weeks even though not at his best the last 2 games he is still creating goals. Against Rangers he was head and shoulders above anyone on the park.

We dont need to sell so if someone wants to buy him they can pay a decent whack.

First Team Breakthrough
    Sure I read on here,allan and gray were in talks for an contract extension, not sure if true or not?